Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 03:43:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S1 1.3 Rallye s coupe restoration  (Read 6042 times)
davidhowson
Lapsed

« on: 24 May, 2007, 02:31:54 PM »

Hi folks.
I have been a Lancia owner & enthusiast for about 18 years and an LMC member since about 1989. I started with a Delta HF Martini progressed to an 8v Integrale and in 1996 I bought a bucket of bits that was allegedly a series 1 Fulvia 1.3 Rallye S coupe, complete with ali doors, boot and bonnet and a shed load of rust.
The idea being to hill climb / sprint the car rather have a concors road vehicle again.
After a quick start the car was repaired of all its rusty bits and repainted a fab bright yellow!
Suspension rebuilt and installed along with lots of racey bits such as the HF high ratio steering box and bigger anti roll bars and a host of OMP competition stuff (roll cage, seats.....)
Engine has been rebuilt and installed but never run.
Then five years ago, our daughter arrives on the scene and work stopped!!

My request is simple but complicated at the same time....is there anyone out there in Lancia Land who would like to lend me a hand in getting this project finished or anyone who would take it on as a paid job either an hourly rate, a fixed rate or a share in the proceeds should it be sold on completion???

Rather than go into detail here on exactly what is needed, please post a message, email me at David.Howson@howson.co.uk or send a pigeon to the Old Vicarage Lodge, Newtown, Nr Wem, Shropshire SY4 5NU where the car is garaged.

Here's hoping....

David
« Last Edit: 24 May, 2007, 02:33:56 PM by davidhowson » Logged

1968 Fulvia S1, 1.3 Rallye S - Sold
chris
Lapsed

« Reply #1 on: 24 May, 2007, 10:49:17 PM »

Hi David Don't know if we've ever spoken in the past, but considering your length of membership then it's highly possible. You have had the engine rebuilt - this is the only "hands on" service I could have offered considering your location. The only thing I can offer is lots of encouragement and help down the telephone. It's what I do, and have done with many owners over the years, from tuning carburretors to (on two occasions) "from the ground up" total restorations. I hope someone comes forward in your area, but be careful as, unless you find a real Fulvia nut, you could find the bill running into very large numbers. Good Luck. Chris
« Last Edit: 24 May, 2007, 10:55:38 PM by chris » Logged
davidhowson
Lapsed

« Reply #2 on: 27 May, 2007, 05:55:54 PM »

Thanks for the offer of support Chris, I will probably take you up on that.
I'm sure we have spoken before many years ago in fact the Fulvia came from domw your way as I bought it off Dick Lewis in Guilford in August 1996.
I will post a few pictures on here as soon as I have worked out how!
- David

davidhowson
Lapsed

« Reply #3 on: 27 May, 2007, 06:06:34 PM »

Here is a before and after of the front of the car.

davidhowson
Lapsed

« Reply #4 on: 27 May, 2007, 06:11:28 PM »

and here's the rears...

inthedark
« Reply #5 on: 28 May, 2007, 04:36:24 PM »

Very nice, it's a great colour for a Fulvia
regards
Geoff 'the colonel'
angelorange
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 28 May, 2007, 06:31:11 PM »

When it comes to fulvia competition advise i highly recommend paul van den berg of vere lancia in holland (www.verelancia.com) and peter de wit of www.lanciaracing.com

you can see my racing fulvia at www.lukafoto.com

cheers

I'm entitled to my ignorance!
chris
Lapsed

« Reply #7 on: 29 May, 2007, 10:14:24 PM »

Yes David, I remember the car, I did see it when Dick owned it - looks like you have done a lot of work on it since I saw it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd