Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:21:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dunlop Calipers  (Read 5004 times)
eyore
« on: 22 April, 2007, 08:09:25 PM »

Met a friend  at a car show over here today who mentioned someone in the UK refurbing Dunlop Calipers with stainless inserts. Mine are in a sad state due to water in the system ,and although I have new seals I'm not sure its a waste of time fitting them due to the pitting on the cylinders. Anyone know who this guy is?
chris
Lapsed

« Reply #1 on: 22 April, 2007, 10:57:19 PM »

Can't give you a contact No right now, but I know of several different (Fulvia) owners who have treated their cars to this well worthwhile mod. Basically, any good machine shop should be capable of doing this work, but bear in mind that the rear cylinders (1 3/8",1 5/16") are fairly straight forward to modify(plenty of "meat" to work with) whereas the front cylinders (2 1/8") must be modified very carefully as there is very little "meat" to play with, the wall thickness being around 5mm(this can vary). The last set that I had modified had an insert (in the front brake cylinders) with a 1.2 mm wall thickness. If you don't come up with any leads, then please come back to me, but do take this last point seriously, as you could end up with dangerous brakes. Chris
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 23 April, 2007, 06:11:36 PM »

if you are interested Breen ltd 01622 756576 in maidstone kent supplied me with brand new standard spec fulvia s1 dunlop pistons 3 years ago.cost £90 rears £110 fronts.Not sure of current stock.they also rebuilt the master cylinder for the cost of the seal kit!

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
eyore
« Reply #3 on: 23 April, 2007, 07:51:59 PM »

Many thanks ,will try Breens. By the way Chris,the guy I spoke to at the weekend had the rears sleeved but not the fronts. Now I know why!
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 23 April, 2007, 09:58:01 PM »

Omicron used to offer the service and probably still do. Had the cylinders on my 2c and also the Fanalone refurbished by them.

Had some done by a LMC member for my 2000 saloon and they were a disaster, leaked like a sieve. Omicron sorted those out for me too.

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd