Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 02:53:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 70 years of Trailblazing book  (Read 1477 times)
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« on: 17 July, 2013, 07:19:58 PM »

Whilst ferreting around for original material to help with the Appia furgoncino rebuild, I came across this book for the first time.

I have since discovered that it was reviewed by Jack (I think) in VL a few years ago and Ade has mentioned it here on the Forum, but it is a beautiful book and worth another mention !

For those of you who haven't come across it, Bruce Lindsay has taken a slightly different approach to Lancia history, using period sales literature and photos to tell the story. It is especially good (in my humble opinion) for the commercials. I thought I knew a bit about buses, lorries and scout cars, but no way - this is exhaustive ......

Some nice, simplified data panels give production runs and general stats and show that I now need to find out what has happened to the other 432 Appia S2 furgoncinos !

The DVD that comes with it is also very useful (it has a pdf of virtually every sales brochure produced by Lancia up to 1975),  the original photos help with some of the finer details when trying to rebuild a car to original spec.

The only problem is that it has (almost) removed the need to find the original material !    Having said that I did buy a lovely original of the furgoncino/camioncino sales brochure , but don't tell Juliet !

(ps approval has been given for reproducing the images below)

* DSCN2598.jpg (59.71 KB, 640x480 - viewed 484 times.)

* DSCN2601.jpg (37.52 KB, 640x480 - viewed 482 times.)

* DSCN2599.jpg (35.04 KB, 640x480 - viewed 407 times.)

* DSCN2602.jpg (64.53 KB, 640x480 - viewed 420 times.)

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd