Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 10:35:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S2 Coupe wiring  (Read 7318 times)
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« on: 05 July, 2013, 12:57:09 PM »

I have been looking through the Fulvia coupe wiring diagrams as I am pulling all the information together so that I can make up a new wiring loom for my car.  I have found one slight anomaly in the drawing and need some clarification.  There is one wire which goes from the oil pressure gauge (40 on the diagram) through a junction block (no.42 on the diagram) and then to the oil pressure gauge transmitter (18 on the diagram). 

There is no colour indication for the wire between the gauge and the junction block as I assume that this is internal to the instrument panel.  The wire I am querying is the one which goes from the junction block to the oil pressure transmitter.  On the drawing it comes out of the junction block and is labelled as being yellow/red and it goes straight to the oil pressure transmitter where it is labelled up as being yellow/black.  It doesn't seem to pass through any other junction blocks.  Could somebody please tell me what colour this wire should be?

Is the yellow/red wire actually between the junction block and the gauge or does this wire pass through another junction block?

I have attached the relevant part of the diagram with the wire in question highlighted in red.

Thank you in anticipation!

* Fulvia wiring query.jpg (599.12 KB, 797x1123 - viewed 7255 times.)

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
2009 Delta 1.9 Twin Turbo
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 05 July, 2013, 01:27:32 PM »

Think yellow black is from pressure tranducer, and red black is for HF oil temp.

Maybe others can confi rm or not.

Btw where do you buy PVC wiring in small quantities to make up a wiring loom or are subbing this out?

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 05 July, 2013, 02:29:18 PM »

Btw where do you buy PVC wiring in small quantities to make up a wiring loom or are subbing this out?

I will be getting the cabling and connectors that I need from http://www.autosparks.co.uk

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 05 July, 2013, 02:42:44 PM »

Think yellow black is from pressure tranducer, and red black is for HF oil temp.

Maybe others can confi rm or not.

Tim

South East Auto Electricians,Wharf Rd, Tovil are helpful with small quantities of wiring "off the reel". Also I have a Fulvia s2 wiring loom in my autojumble stuff if anyone would like to borrow it as a pattern
« Last Edit: 05 July, 2013, 02:44:41 PM by Richard Fridd » Logged

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« Reply #4 on: 05 July, 2013, 03:02:35 PM »

Also I have a Fulvia s2 wiring loom in my autojumble stuff if anyone would like to borrow it as a pattern

Thanks Richard.  I actually have the loom off my car so have a loom to work to.

I looked through the loom but could not find any yellow/red wires, so when I compared what I found to the wiring diagram some of the bits didn't match up, hence my initial query  Smiley

Some of the parts off the car are in my lock up which is 35 miles away, hence I can only go off my loom and the wiring diagram Shocked

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 06 July, 2013, 03:19:50 PM »

Stuart, the oil pressure is definitely yellow with a black stripe to no. 18, the junction block to gauge are internal to the instrument cluster. I found another anomaly when putting my S2 together recently, the connector block you have pointed out no. 42 had all positions populated, but the top right pin which is shown as blank had wires connected as a joint only, the is no corresponding pin on the back of the gauges. The red black wires go to the alternator, or at least one does.  I part of spare loom here if you want some photos.

Neil

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
stuwilson128
Non-LMC Seller
Rebel Poster

« Reply #6 on: 07 July, 2013, 07:46:18 PM »

Stuart, the oil pressure is definitely yellow with a black stripe to no. 18, the junction block to gauge are internal to the instrument cluster. I found another anomaly when putting my S2 together recently, the connector block you have pointed out no. 42 had all positions populated, but the top right pin which is shown as blank had wires connected as a joint only, the is no corresponding pin on the back of the gauges. The red black wires go to the alternator, or at least one does.  I part of spare loom here if you want some photos.

Neil

Thanks Neil.  I am currently working through the loom to compare what I have on my loom to what the drawing says.  I haven't got as far as looking at junction block 42 yet, but will have a closer look at it when I get that far!  No doubt I will have a few more questions when I have finished comparing my loom to the drawings  Smiley

Stuart Wilson 11175
1973 Fulvia Coupe 1.3
2000 Lybra SW 2.4JTd
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 08 July, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »

I am pretty sure that is part of the printed circuit.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd