Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 09:53:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Make an old lady very happy - Aprilia  (Read 2329 times)
Lima
Megaposter

Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows.

« on: 10 July, 2013, 06:45:22 PM »

Attention Aprilia owners in the vicinity of South Oxfordshire!

I received a telephone call from a gentleman today (non-member) who has a very particular request.  I figured that the best way to help him out was to post here on the forum.  Below is his plea:

Can anyone help with this slightly unusual request?

Would there be anyone who has an Aprilia in the South Oxfordshire (Didcot) area, or neighbouring counties, that my 83 year old mother could come and look at?  I think she would be very happy to see one although I don't think she wants to buy one.

Background:  My mother and my father (who died in 1995) have always loved Lancias.  My parents owned Lancia Aprilias (1937's?).  One was similar in colour to British Racing Green and the other was painted creamy yellow and black.  I remember them having a Flaminia coupe (which was too slow for my mother) and more recently a rust-affected Beta.  My father used to see someone called Harry Manning, a Lancia buff of great character near Farnham, to play with cars and chat.

Regards

Stephen Dyer

I have not included his mobile number or email address here but if anyone can help, or knows someone who could, please mention here and I will PM you (or vice versa) to exchange details.

Mark
« Last Edit: 10 July, 2013, 06:46:58 PM by Lima » Logged

Lima

1968 Lancia Fulvia Coupe (Rallye)
2001 Lancia Y (Cosmopolitan)
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 11 July, 2013, 04:57:43 AM »

Listed in the 1969 Membership Register as owning an Aprilia. Is this he?

M Dyer
Brookside
Lower Stock Road
West Hanningfield
Essex

Robin.

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
Pages: [1]   Go Up