Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:05:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This splendid Artena...  (Read 13249 times)
Lapsed Cesare Ferrari
Lapsed

« on: 02 July, 2013, 10:22:11 PM »

is now with a dealer:

http://www.tomhardman.co.uk/car.php?id=123
adrian donovan

Aurelia 4th series

« Reply #1 on: 08 July, 2013, 05:34:42 PM »

......and it appears to be going back to Italy. The new owner wants to drive it back, despite it's being stored most of the last 20 or so years....!!
donw
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 08 July, 2013, 06:37:30 PM »

Sounds most unlike an Italian they don't usually drive anywhere except on a rally having had the car transported to the start (with one notable exception who drive to the AGM).

There is no mention of new tyres in the ad!  My Artena had not been used for about the same number of years and in a very short drive before I considered the journey home it ran a camshaft bearing and the big end white metal was crystalised and broke up requiring a full engine rebuild. On the drive back from Switzerland the aged tyres began to brake up and 2 had to be changed on route and a full set where required as soon as we got it home.

I wish the new owner the best of luck.  Shame a car sold new in UK with an English body is leaving.

Don

Don Williamson
Member 111 joined 26th July 1963
1917 Theta 2str
1926 Lambda torpedo
1930 Artena berlina
1933 Belna coupe
AandSRuggeri

« Reply #3 on: 01 April, 2015, 12:51:09 PM »

The Artena belongs to a friend of mine, and I'm glad to say that he made it back to Italy without any major mishaps. It's in good company as well as it shares garage space with an Aprilia. He asked me if there was any information out there on this car and if the Cartlon records still exist somewhere.
Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

1954 4th Series Aurelia B20
1965 Flaminia GT 3C 2,8
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd