Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 01:07:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Car Collection Tour 08 Sept 13 (Hampshire/ Surrey)  (Read 11441 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 13 August, 2013, 06:53:17 PM »

Hi Richard....you can never be too careful, but in I couldn't pay over the net, I'd have to leave my keyboard and mess about at a bank, or over phone or....etc......would never have the time to post on here!!!!

Smiley

P

Frank Gallagher
Lima
Megaposter

Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows.

« Reply #16 on: 13 August, 2013, 09:14:43 PM »

Risking being thought of as a 'fuddy duddy', may I ask if I can pay by traditional means, as I prefer not to use the internet for money transactions. Thanks for organising anyhow Mark. Richard

Richard.
I'm afraid that, for reasons which I do not wish to openly discuss on a forum, I am not entertaining any variations.  Blame others who have messed me about previously.  Sorry.  I realise that it's not your doing but I have since drawn the line.  If you do still wish to come then I hope that you can find someone else to make the donation online on your behalf (relative, friend or workmate) if you are still wary of online transactions.
Mark.

Lima

1968 Lancia Fulvia Coupe (Rallye)
2001 Lancia Y (Cosmopolitan)
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 14 August, 2013, 12:46:59 AM »

Risking being thought of as a 'fuddy duddy', may I ask if I can pay by traditional means, as I prefer not to use the internet for money transactions. Thanks for organising anyhow Mark. Richard
Richard,
I only ever use Paypal to pay when on line as it's safe and many places now use it, you don't have to give your card details to anyone other than Paypal when you first set up the account.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 14 August, 2013, 08:05:42 PM »

Refusing my donation by alterative means? I would prefer not to be implicated with people who have messed you about previously Mark. Reminds of an occassion when I visited a motorcycle shop with £8000 in my pocket, and was told (at the age of 37) "that I couldn't afford the insurance" (so "go away"). For all you know my donation could have been a large donation, and that's not helping any heroes.
« Last Edit: 14 August, 2013, 08:31:16 PM by Richard Fridd » Logged

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #19 on: 15 August, 2013, 12:36:15 PM »

Honestly, don’t worry about using online transactions, they are far safer than mail order (over the phone transactions) or paying for meals or petrol. Petrol stations are the worst culprits using card scanners.

Any large online transaction requires 3D security which grantees you and the merchant. Paypal is OK now you can pay without an account which can be a pain to setup, but they do have good fraud department.

The biggest online threat is not delivering or refunding broken items, normally carried out by dodgy sellers using ebay or Amazon market place.   

We support loads of transactional websites, and fraud is very very rare, the only example I have come across was via a Paypal account who were instantly aware of the security breach and refunded the monies straight away.

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 21 August, 2013, 07:17:23 PM »

Richard's donation is in now. 

I've put some in as well and really hope to be there also. 

Well done and thank you Mark for organising this!!

David Laver, Lewisham.
Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #21 on: 21 August, 2013, 09:03:43 PM »

David.

Many thanks for arranging both your (x2) and Richard's donations... much easier for me that way.  Looking forward to seeing you all there.

I shall have to shortly close the doors at the box office as I am about to disappear on a holiday and need to confirm numbers before I go.

Looks like a good crowd.  I hope the weather is nice and that we can convene for a pub lunch beforehand Smiley

Lima

Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #22 on: 31 August, 2013, 07:47:35 AM »

Sorry - The 'Ticket Office' is now closed.

If you missed out this time I might be trying to organise a repeat viewing in the Spring.

Lima

lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #23 on: 31 August, 2013, 09:52:50 AM »

I would definately be up for a visit next spring as am indisposed to do this one!! Angry Grin

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Martin D
Megaposter

« Reply #24 on: 09 September, 2013, 01:16:08 PM »

Yes, I would be up for visit in the spring too.

Mark, sorry I missed it yesterday, unavoidable diary clash cropped up a couple of weeks ago.

Martin .

1972 Fulvia Coupe 1.6 HF
1984 Montecarlo
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd