Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:06:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private Car Collection Tour 08 Sept 13 (Hampshire/ Surrey)  (Read 11436 times)
Lima
Megaposter

Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows.

« on: 25 June, 2013, 11:10:57 PM »

Private Car Collection worth seeing!

A "strictly limited numbers" opportunity for my Lancisti brethren to come see an impressive collection of privately owned cars.  Although the collection does not yet include a Lancia it is nonetheless a worthwhile display of metal.  I'm sure that if an array of Lancias, from Llambda to Integrale, arrived then the owner of the collection would soon acquire a few - he is an enthusiastic and well-heeled individual!

This is a pre-arranged/ private tour, with contributions expected towards Help For Heroes.

I have managed to secure Sunday 8th September for me and a number of Lancisti.  Details are yet to be finalised but I would anticipate that about 20 - 25 invitations will be available.

I shall update you all as soon as I can.

Location cannot be publicised but suffice to say that it is not far from Farnham, Surrey.

* car tour flyer.jpg (376.47 KB, 1329x601 - viewed 405 times.)

Lima

1968 Lancia Fulvia Coupe (Rallye)
2001 Lancia Y (Cosmopolitan)
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 26 June, 2013, 05:42:57 AM »

Thanks for that Mark, I shall check the diary. Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 26 June, 2013, 07:31:35 AM »

Mark, sounds interesting and local too. I will send you a mail.

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 26 June, 2013, 08:00:02 AM »

Pity it's the Beaulieu Autojumble weekend. Otherwise I would have been keen to go.
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 26 June, 2013, 08:58:16 AM »

Shame we will be on the Fulvia Knights rally to Turin (probably be in Turin actually by then).

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 26 June, 2013, 12:36:27 PM »

I will have more details very shortly and then you can each decide if it floats your boat.  I'm a little tied up with orghanising certain bits of the AGM weekend but will have time to elaborate next week.
Watch this space, but as a teaser I can tell you that Sir Frank Williams was so impressed with this chap's collection that he has let him have Nigel Mansell's F1 car there on permanent loan.

Lima

DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 26 June, 2013, 12:39:16 PM »

Is that a Miura headlight?

The legend is that the lights are terrible but Mr Lamborghini thought his customers "had better things to be doing than driving" after dark.  

Alas Google hasn't helped me on that one but I got a TAV to confirm (to a degree - how often is any answer simple?) the "shared with a Fiat 850" myth.

http://www.miuraworkshop.com/tavheadlights.html

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 26 June, 2013, 12:48:48 PM »

Certainly looks like a Muira headlamp, with eyelashes. Mark is that a hint to the collection contents?

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
Martin D
Megaposter

« Reply #8 on: 26 June, 2013, 01:27:45 PM »

Mark,

Well done, that looks very interesting and I'd love to come. Pm on it's way.

Martin.

1972 Fulvia Coupe 1.6 HF
1984 Montecarlo
Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #9 on: 26 June, 2013, 05:23:08 PM »

Neil.  You ought to know that as an Architect my designs must have integrity.  It is indeed a Miura headlight and said car does feature in this chap's collection.  There are a few more cars of such calibre and exclusivity as well as a number of cars of more (dare I say) humble origins.  But for those of you who appreciate cars of all genres and origins as well as those of you who appreciate quality restoration then this is a worthwhile way to spend a free Sunday.  The host has his own on-site restoration barn and permanently employs a couple of chaps to tend to the collection!!!

I will post a more detailed list of cars once I interrogate the photos I have.  Donations expected would be in the order of £5 - £10 (to H4H) I imagine although I will get a better steer after I've finished with the AGM.

M

Lima

Chris Hopkins
Librarian
Megaposter

« Reply #10 on: 27 June, 2013, 10:37:37 PM »

Count me in for this please Mark.

Chris Hopkins
1971 Fulvia Berlina S2
1973 Fulvia Sport 1600
2011 Delta 3 Limited
2012 Ypsilon 1.2 Limited Edition
Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #11 on: 28 June, 2013, 01:16:46 PM »

I now have a list of cars, compiled by a colleague of mine who was fortunate enough to visit this collection before.  I am not willing to publish it openly on the forum as I wish to respect the wishes of the collector and not publicise his bounty.

If you have an interest in the older cars, and don't mind that the majority of these are British, then PM me on the forum or send me an email and I will ping you a list of cars.

It is worth noting that there is a lot of memorabilia on display too, including pumps, lighting and adverts etc.

For those of you wishing to come, please let me know.  A donation to Help For heroes will be is the pre-requisite.  I haven't been given full details of the day but my colleague who has been shown round advised that £10 per person was the going rate.  It's all for a good cause.

Lima

Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #12 on: 08 July, 2013, 08:08:35 PM »

Okay... EVENT CONFIRMED Smiley

Those of you who have requested and received the list of cars have been intrigued enough to confirm attendance in principle.  Those of you still wondering, ping me an email and I will send you the list.

I am taking reservations NOW (see details below).  How many 'golden tickets' do you want?

The doors will open at 2pm but I suggest a render-vous before hand.  If the weather forecast looks good I would suggest that a picnic in a nearby grassy spot would go down well... say Tilford Green (GU10 2BU), which should afford us easy parking for a midday arrival.  If weather is not so favourable then we will alter the plan, so keep in contact a couple of days prior.

Who's in?  I shall need commitment please so that I don't tarnish the good reputation of UK Lancisti or embarrass myself.  Donations will be collected via my JustGiving site, created solely for this event (link now removed)

Guarantee your place by donating NOW Smiley   Donations are at your discretion.  I've been told that the majority of people typically donate a tenner per head, but if you have deeper pockets than I do, feel free to lend a bigger hand to a very worthwhile cause.

Smiley  Marky Mark
« Last Edit: 31 August, 2013, 07:49:24 AM by Lima » Logged

Lima

Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #13 on: 05 August, 2013, 07:12:15 PM »

August will fly by and September will be upon us before you know.

I have had several "yes, put me down for tickets" but confirmations haven't been back ed up with donations to Help For Heroes as requested.

C'mon peeps... it's an eclectic mix of interesting cars in an impressive setting, hosted by an enthusiastic collector.  It's also a good excuse to come in your Lancia if you have one as the chap in question doesn't yet own one.  Show him the light Smiley

Lima

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 13 August, 2013, 06:50:56 PM »

Risking being thought of as a 'fuddy duddy', may I ask if I can pay by traditional means, as I prefer not to use the internet for money transactions. Thanks for organising anyhow Mark. Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd