Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:27:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1967 Lancia Flavia Zagato Sport in extremely solid condition....ebay at £2,350  (Read 8538 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 25 June, 2013, 05:38:56 PM »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1967-Lancia-Flavia-Zagato-Sport-in-extremely-solid-condition-easy-restoration-/360683978811?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item53fa70c03b

Looks interesting, anyone off the forum going for it?

P

Frank Gallagher
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 25 June, 2013, 06:34:41 PM »

Thanks for spotting that one(another RH drive)what's the reserve I wonder?

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
phil-m
Lapsed

« Reply #2 on: 25 June, 2013, 08:48:03 PM »

It certainly has potential, but there is still a lot of work to do. Speaking from experience these cars do not like being stood, there will be mechanical and electrical issues to be sorted for sure. Still it will be interesting to see what it goes for, Omicron want £7K for the ex Autocar road test car which is a complete dismantled shed.
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 26 June, 2013, 05:57:29 AM »

This is at least it's third listing, so he's not getting an easy sale.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
westernlancia
Lapsed

Appia S1 - 2006 Turin centenary Car of the Century

« Reply #4 on: 26 June, 2013, 06:11:14 AM »

It's in my barn (I took the pictures just before the Appia Furgoncino went - you may be able to see it in the background of some of them). I have been storing it for a couple of years for the owner, who isn't a 'car guy' (but his father was). From my inspections of it during the time I have had it (fairly frequent, as I have had to move it around and re-pack the spares quite frequently!), I would say it was a really easy project (I would asses its quality level at about that of my Furgoncino, and that was superb). As far as I can tell (my inspections of the parts have not so far been exhaustive), there is nothing broken or missing - and with a Flavia Zagato that's a HUGE plus (probably the most important aspect). The chap who died really knew his onions, and had this car and a Flaminia Touring (which we also have in storage but his son doesn't want to sell), and he was restoring both cars when he was afflicted by the illness that killed him. The saddest part of all is that a lot of the parts for both this car and the Flaminia have been carefully sorted, boxed and labelled, in preparation for the new owner to continue the work. I cannot imagine a more heart-rending position to be in than to be having to pack the parts of a car I was restoring, in the knowledge that I would never get to finish the job (actually that's what I did with the Furgoncino, but at least I am alive to see it, and I intend to visit Simon frequently to see how it is progressing).

Anyway, back to the Flavia. It looks like a beautifully solid car - I have a huge aversion to dents, because I really HATE wavy and ripply bodywork, and removing dents to perfection is very hard work. This car is remarkably dent-free, and as the body is aluminium it is not affected by the issues that would afflict, say, a Fulvia Zagato. I know that there can be issues around where the aluminium comes into contact with the steel parts, but as far as I can see, this car does not suffer from those issues with the exception of the four wing corners, which a) have been removed; and b) are a very simple matter to replace. Apart from that the car does not appear to need serious bodywork apart from a strip and repaint. The front 'wheel houses' are a bit crunchy, but they are easy to repair and not very visible.

The interior is all there (there are 3 seats and a spare cover), and although they aren't all the same colour (they have faded at different rates), there is enough interior there to keep it original - and how many Flavia Zagatos are there with nice original interiors? The door cards aren't great, but again there are more than a set and there should be enough to have new card made and put the existing vinyl onto it.

As I say in the eBay description, if I had the money, time and space I would unquestionably be buying this car myself - it is a really easy, peachy job to do, and the best thing of all is that the car is sufficiently good that when it is done it will be a good example - so many cars that need heavy restoration are deteriorated or have missing parts to the extent that even if they are restored as well as possible they will never be good cars. This one isn't like that - like my Furgoncino, in my opinion it has the potential to be one of the best around.

I am not going to divulge the reserve, as I have advised the owner that I will test the market for him, and as these cars are so rare in this condition, come onto the market so infrequently, and this one is so much better than almost all of the others that are around, it is very difficult to value. However, the figures I have in my own mind, both in terms of the reserve and of the ultimate selling price, are similar to the figures for my Furgoncino.

Finally, if anyone feels like a trip to Devon, I will be happy to show them the car, 'warts an' all' - as it is stripped like this you can see everything very easily, and you aren't buying a 'pig in a poke'. I would advise a trip - this is a very rare opportunity, and the costs of this restoration are so much lower than, for example, those of a Fulvia Zagato restoration, and the final value is so much higher, that it has got to be a good prospect.

As I said, I am sad to let it escape, but my loss is your gain! If anyone wants any more info or higher-res pictures, please contact me and I shall be happy to oblige.

00 Lancia Y Elefantino Rosso, 96 Lancia Y 1.2, 84 VW Golf GTi, 66 VW Splitscreen, 56 Ford Anglia, 56 Lancia Appia S1, 54 Ford Prefect, 54 Lancia Appia S1, 37 Terraplane, lovely old trailer, 10,000 vintage accessories
oldcaraccessories.com
westernlancia
Lapsed

« Reply #5 on: 26 June, 2013, 06:13:50 AM »

I can assure you that it isn't. You may be confusing it with another car, because this car has been at the back of my barn since late 2011. I promised the owner that I would take pictures last year, but the weather was so appalling that I never got the opportunity to do so, and he was in no hurry to sell. Out of interest, can you send links to the other sales you have seen, because I certainly haven't seen any for sale recently. And as I said, this is the first time this car has been advertised for a long, long time - the seller's father had owned it, I think, since the early 90s.

00 Lancia Y Elefantino Rosso, 96 Lancia Y 1.2, 84 VW Golf GTi, 66 VW Splitscreen, 56 Ford Anglia, 56 Lancia Appia S1, 54 Ford Prefect, 54 Lancia Appia S1, 37 Terraplane, lovely old trailer, 10,000 vintage accessories
oldcaraccessories.com
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 26 June, 2013, 06:26:01 AM »

Well guys, straight from the horses mouth......... Smiley.........now that we've all been led to water, whose for drinking, to continue the analogy?

I'd not seen it up before in 3 plus years looking on web. If only this had been up for sale 3 years ago!!!!

P

Frank Gallagher
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 26 June, 2013, 07:13:19 AM »

Come on Frank, you should always have at least one project stored in reserve for when the current one is completed !!!!!!!!!!!

Having said that, I must admit that I have not had the courage to voice that thought in front of Mrs Tait !!!!!!

Andy
westernlancia
Lapsed

« Reply #8 on: 26 June, 2013, 07:18:01 AM »

Come on Frank, you should always have at least one project stored in reserve for when the current one is completed !!!!!!!!!!!
Having said that, I must admit that I have not had the courage to voice that thought in front of Mrs Tait !!!!!!
                         Andy

I notice that the high bidder's ID this morning is frank666, but so far in my dealings with Frank 'Parisien' I haven't identified anything devilish about him...

Smiley Smiley Smiley

oldcaraccessories.com
westernlancia
Lapsed

« Reply #9 on: 26 June, 2013, 07:18:40 AM »

Well guys, straight from the horses mouth
P

Neigh, neigh, neigh...

Smiley Smiley Smiley

oldcaraccessories.com
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 26 June, 2013, 08:00:28 AM »

Andy

I notice that the high bidder's ID this morning is frank666, but so far in my dealings with Frank 'Parisien' I haven't identified anything devilish about him...

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Alan, am afraid my handle on ebay is much more esoteric than Frank with le diablo's ID number as an appendix............having said that, just how many identities can a guy have.......Wink

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 26 June, 2013, 08:01:43 AM »

Andy

Andy, its way to early in the morning to give Madame Parisien a cardiac arrest!!!!

P

Frank Gallagher
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #12 on: 26 June, 2013, 08:35:17 AM »

Andy

Andy, its way to early in the morning to give Madame Parisien a cardiac arrest!!!!

P

Frank,

In my experience it is more to do with reducing the ear bashing you get.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #13 on: 26 June, 2013, 04:15:50 PM »

I can assure you that it isn't. You may be confusing it with another car, because this car has been at the back of my barn since late 2011. I promised the owner that I would take pictures last year, but the weather was so appalling that I never got the opportunity to do so, and he was in no hurry to sell. Out of interest, can you send links to the other sales you have seen, because I certainly haven't seen any for sale recently. And as I said, this is the first time this car has been advertised for a long, long time - the seller's father had owned it, I think, since the early 90s.

Absolutely, many apologies, I was confusing it with the FULVIA Zagato, cream with the big red oxide patch on the back!! How stupid of me (has anyone seen that though?)

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 26 June, 2013, 05:21:30 PM »

It would be nice to know the chassis number, engine number and registration number. A picture of the engine wouldn't do amiss too!

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd