Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 07:22:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Appia - series I - ex S Africa - quite a bit spent on it  (Read 5989 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 09 June, 2013, 11:07:09 AM »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Appia-/300917415109?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4610135cc5

P

Frank Gallagher
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 09 June, 2013, 04:15:21 PM »

I lost sleep over Christo's SII but I'm cured now - for a year or so?

One day he'll buy one of the garages Richard keeps sending pictures of and line them all up in a showroom.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
appiaman

« Reply #2 on: 10 June, 2013, 04:29:52 AM »

Well I bought a farm in Wales so maybe I will have a place one day to have them all in one place but for now some has to go to pay for the farm refurbishment.
There will be a nice Aprilia up for sale too next week.
Christo

Lancia lambda 8th series, Fulvia 1600 sport (1972)Fulvia1.6hf (1972), Lancia Flaminia gtl, Porsche boxter, Mini Cooper
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 10 June, 2013, 08:04:17 AM »

So - we need a display show room for you somewhere between London and Wales...  A Lancia connection would be good.  From a selfish point of view with a roadhouse type café next door but I'm open to an imported American diner or convert a Lancia bus.

Richard ?

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 10 June, 2013, 05:54:22 PM »

Here is a bus complete with handwritten menu behind the counter, so just need a showroom with a Lancia connection

* Bus+Converted+to+Caf%C3%A9,+Lay-by,.jpg (26.39 KB, 640x458 - viewed 432 times.)

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 10 June, 2013, 08:53:31 PM »

Whereabouts in Wales is the farm Christo?  I presume it has been bought on the basis of a good range of outbuildings rather than a large acreage of farmland ..... or is there a side to you of which we do not know Huh?Huh??

Andy
appiaman

« Reply #6 on: 11 June, 2013, 05:20:10 AM »

It's in the black mountains with great views but not been lived in for 20 years.
It's been harder than any car to restore old stone buildings are not for the faint hearted.
No barns yet but they will come hoping to have a proper workshop by next year as the nearest neighbour is 2 miles away.
Some of the cars got to go to pay for it all "to old money fact of life"

Lancia lambda 8th series, Fulvia 1600 sport (1972)Fulvia1.6hf (1972), Lancia Flaminia gtl, Porsche boxter, Mini Cooper
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 11 June, 2013, 10:02:33 PM »

Have you tried Ty Mawr for  lime products and similar. They cannot be far from you !!!

Good luck with both cars and house.

Andy
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 25 September, 2013, 07:46:49 PM »

So - we need a display show room for you somewhere between London and Wales...  A Lancia connection would be good.  From a selfish point of view with a roadhouse type café next door but I'm open to an imported American diner or convert a Lancia bus West London. Not a bus, but the Master Robert Motel in the background on the Great West Road, at the Ace of Spades Corner. The nearest fuel point for cars destined for the important rallies leaving from the area http://forums.autosport.com/topic/27980-the-steering-wheel-club/

Richard ?

David

* aceofspadesh.jpg (69.07 KB, 507x800 - viewed 567 times.)
« Last Edit: 12 November, 2013, 12:46:50 PM by Richard Fridd » Logged

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 25 September, 2013, 08:05:40 PM »

Also The Master Robert is mentioned here. I did work there occasionally as a repair man but never knew of the motorimg connection. The Pall Mall clubs had other stories to tell though http://forums.autosport.com/topic/166654-north-london-ecc/
« Last Edit: 12 November, 2013, 12:42:20 PM by Richard Fridd » Logged

St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #10 on: 26 September, 2013, 05:13:42 PM »

Also The Master Robert is mentioned here. I did work there occasionally as a repair man but never new of the motorimg connection. The Pall Mall clubs had other stories to tell though http://forums.autosport.com/topic/166654-north-london-ecc/

Huh?

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 26 September, 2013, 06:12:18 PM »

David's post requested a showroom with a roadhouse on the London to Wales road. So on the Great West Road to Wales, the Ace of Spades garage with motoring connections could be the showroom, and probably no hardship to cross the road to The Master Robert Motel 'Pit and Paddock Bar' also with Motorsport connection. Other suggestions welcome

DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 27 September, 2013, 08:47:12 AM »

That's a great photo...

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd