Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 07:42:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Fulvia DVD  (Read 3790 times)
CHENG

« on: 07 June, 2013, 10:35:23 AM »

Hello, I am looking for some help on this one. A number of years ago , I was given a loan of a VHS tape from Barry Waterhouse called Road Time, which was a film that lasted approx 30 minutes. It was made in 1973 on the Monte Carlo Rally on the Fulvia 1600HF s, and it was a superb little film , even though the Fulvia did not win it.
However I got a couple of copies made on to DVD, and they seemed to work okay, back then, I sent Barry back the VHS tape ( as i only had it for a week )
However both DVDs, will not play in any machine without sticking.
Hence the cry for HELP, does any body have a copy of this film, OR know where i could buy a copy. I have tried many different companies , spent hours on the internet looking for a copy-- NO JOY.
Some body must know where there is a copy, or where to get one, and for those who have not seen it, it is SUPERB, and it is the Fulvia 50, and last year was the 40 years of Munaris win.
Please help.
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 07 June, 2013, 11:16:08 AM »

It's on youtube if thats any good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQplCtB21CA

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
CHENG

« Reply #2 on: 07 June, 2013, 11:37:24 PM »

Neil, many thanks for your reply, I had seen it on there before, but the quality is very poor, and I would still like an actual copy of the film to go along with my collection of Lancia rally films that I have been collecting for my many years. As there are many DVDs on all the other Lancias, Stratos / 037 / S4 / and Deltas, but there are very few things available on the Fulvia. Even on a 4 hour film that Lancia gave me approx 20 years ago, it has a full 4 hours of cars on it, and about 5 minutes worth on the Fulvia, and the rest is non stop Lancias.
Somebody somewhere will have a copy.
I do remember when I stayed down in London with Barry , that he actually bought the VHS tape in somewhere like Blockbuster which was having a sale at the time and he paid about a pound for it.
However I have not given up hope, perhaps I can find somebody who can recover it all from the two DVDs that I have, a sthe quality is pretty good.
Best regards, Ian.
blueboxer

« Reply #3 on: 08 June, 2013, 09:26:08 AM »

You might be able to get it rescued/recovered from the DVD. I've got a external drive somewhere that is good at reading duff data on dvd's and cd's. If you can't find anyone else to do it, you could always send me the dvd(s) and I'll have a go at rescuing it for you.
Pm me if so

Feb 1965 RHD Fulvia 2C (still running it's original engine and gearbox) and quite a few others of various marques
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 08 June, 2013, 09:42:05 AM »

I remember once borrowing that tape from Barry, but by the time it had got to me the sequences demonstrating left-foot braking were worn out and too fuzzy to view! If you can find a good DVD version I would be interested in buying a copy.

Colin
CHENG

« Reply #5 on: 08 June, 2013, 10:01:58 AM »

Guys,many thanks for your replies and help. The VHS tape was in pretty good condition when I watched it and borrowed it and the part with the left foot braking even on my sticky DVDs is pretty good, just some very slight deformation,hardly woth talking about, but I think that would have been on the original film, as we are talking here of 1973, and a camera inside the car, but it is still good quality.
At present I am out working in a ship yard in South Korea, and will not be back home until 3 july, so i am going to try and see if i can find somebody locallyback in Scotland, not Korea as I do not have the DVDs with me, that can have a look at these two DVDs that I have got.
However I have just bought from japan a DVD on the Datsun 240Z, which lasts 60 minutes, which was filmed by Datsun on the 1971/72 and 73 Monte Carlo rallies, which -- YES has some good footage on the Fulvia 1600HF s, I bought this a number of years ago but the DVD got lost, so it is worth having, if you do not have it, another one in my collection.
many thanks, regards , Ian
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 09 June, 2013, 09:35:16 AM »

Like Colin, if you can get a good version on DVD, I would love to have a copy.

Andy
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 09 June, 2013, 09:44:04 AM »

...and then I'd like to borrow it Smiley

David Laver, Lewisham.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd