Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:15:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flavia milleotto, for auction no reserve, new MOT and looks good  (Read 8831 times)
blueboxer

« Reply #15 on: 11 June, 2013, 02:36:31 PM »

I for one (and am sure there were others) wasn't interested in and didn't ask how much you paid for your project. Irrespective of what you paid, I'm so glad you took the project on. it will be a great story to see your car be returned from it's present state to the road again.

In terms of the Flavia Milleotto, I posted the auction result of £1k because I was surprised more people didn't want it. I think it's still good value at what the dealer is now asking. I doubt anyone could find another for less in the UK with or without an mot.

Feb 1965 RHD Fulvia 2C (still running it's original engine and gearbox) and quite a few others of various marques
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 11 June, 2013, 02:44:33 PM »

I'm as interested as everyone else the other way round Smiley

The number of ebay auctions I follow...

Also when I say "everyone" what I like about this forum is that its NOT here.  In my last job (in a former life...) I can remember many being embarrassed to admit of their latest car to the general population but in hushed tones, in dark corners, would recount the adventure of its purchase and import or tell me what options they'd gone for on the latest order. 

David
« Last Edit: 11 June, 2013, 02:58:04 PM by DavidLaver » Logged

David Laver, Lewisham.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 11 June, 2013, 03:01:59 PM »

I read the posting before and it does look like a bit of a rant and that's NOT the case. 

Its an observation of a trend in general and something I hadn't noticed until I bought something.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 11 June, 2013, 05:29:25 PM »

Not at all....merely two posts that sum it all up and clarify what restoring or running a classic involves and why the vast majority of people do it, enjoy it and get a real buzz out of it

P

Frank Gallagher
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 11 June, 2013, 10:38:00 PM »

Our cars are our passion, prices are incidental, profit or loss is not a consideration, except strictly within the family.

My greatest pleasure comes in driving (not as frequently as I would like) and playing with my cars. The sheer magic of cleaning up parts to reveal the splendour of Lancia engineering is something that I feel and cannot really express.

Juliet (of simonandjuliet) is right to make assessments on a bonkers'ometer. We are all on there somewhere, and we move backwards and forwards on it from time to time, hopefully I will not fall off although I think that Lynn would often like to push me !!!! 

BUT, this is what we do, it is what we are !! As David alluded to, how much could we spend on a golf course, going for a walk in all that high tech gear .....

The value of our cars is not the money we could get at the auction, it is the joy, the fun and pleasure that we get from them and from the camaraderie of the fellow owners, whether that be at events, on the forum or whatever, wherever.

And long may this continue, long after I have popped my clogs!!

Andy
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 12 June, 2013, 07:32:05 AM »

Ad now removed from link
« Last Edit: 12 June, 2013, 07:33:53 AM by Richard Fridd » Logged

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 12 June, 2013, 08:41:11 AM »

Just dropped them a line and "Yes, sold immediately I am afraid."

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd