Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:04:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Linked Events
  • Lancia Ireland Annual Rally: 05 July, 2013 - 06 July, 2013
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Ireland Wicklow Tour 5-7 July 2013  (Read 7736 times)
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« on: 16 April, 2013, 10:29:16 PM »

This is a preliminary notice of the 2013 Lancia Ireland annual rally and driving tour which will return to  Wicklow, the "Garden County" in July.  On behalf of the Irish Club I would like to invite all our Lancia friends old and new to join us for this event.

Full details will be published in the June issue of Viva Lancia! and on the Irish Club's discussion forum at http://lanciaireland.freeforums.org/lancia-ireland-wicklow-tour-5-7-july-2013-t216.html but the dates and hotel base are firm and the outline programme for the weekend is as follows:

Arrivals will be in Wicklow on Friday 5th, the driving tour of the Wicklow mountains and lakes will be on Saturday 6th followed by dinner at the hotel and we will conclude the tour on Sunday 7th by attending Ireland's largest outdoor classic car show in Terenure, Dublin  where the Club will have a stand and barbecue and you can enter your car for display.

Conveniently situated on the east coast, Wicklow is easily accessible by the N11 motorway from the ferryports in Dublin (40mins) and Rosslare (70mins) where both Stena and Irish Ferries provide twice-daily sailings from Holyhead to Dublin and DunLaoghaire and from Fishguard/Pembroke to Rosslare for approx €350 for car plus 2 return though you may find offers and Stena accept Tesco vouchers at a good rate (according to inveterate Lancia Ireland guest Andrew Nicklin).

Costs for the tour itself will be €20-€25 per car to cover organisation  and road books. Lunches are not provided but the town of Ballmore Eustace and/or Russborough House will be the Saturday lunch stop and both venues offer extensive regular and gourmet dining options from soup/sandwich to full luncheon menu. Allow €7pp for the optional guided tour of Russborough if desired, admission to the Terenure show on Sunday is €15 per car and there may be a €5pp supplement for the  barbecue at Terenure.

The Glendalough Hotel www.glendaloughhotel.ie will be our rally base for the weekend. Accommodation costs for 2 nights B&B and one dinner on Saturday will be €129 per person sharing (€30 single supplement) with one night B&B rates including dinner also available for €65pps or €80 single. Attendance at the Saturday dinner only will be €25. Sunday night extensions can be arranged if desired - all bookings direct to hotel at info@GlendaloughHotel.ie Telephone 00 353 404 45135. We have reserved 21 rooms including 8 doubles, 6 triples (double and single), 1 twin, 1 family, 1 single so book early to e sure of getting your preferred room type!

For further details (and in any case if you plan to join us) please contact David Mirolo (David.Mirolo@gmail.com) or Alan Murphy (LanciAlan@gmail.com)or see the events section on the LMC forum www.lancia.myzen.co.uk or the Irish Lancia Club forum www.LanciaIreland.com.

We look forward to welcoming you to Ireland, whether for your first visit or if returning for more splendid scenery and typical Irish hospitality.

With best wishes

David Mirolo, President
Lancia Motor Club of Ireland
« Last Edit: 22 May, 2023, 07:21:54 PM by LanciAlan » Logged

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 17 April, 2013, 11:57:43 AM »

http://www.stenaline.co.uk/ferry/stena-line-extra-bonus?=&utm_source=SL%2020130410-Switchers_eXtra_exGB&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=20130410-Switchers_eXtra_exGB

Check out this offer from Stenaline.....save £50 off a crossing BUT only if you join as an eXtra member before 23rd April at 23.00hrs

P

Frank Gallagher
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 13 May, 2013, 12:17:09 AM »

Hotel and rates now confirmed as per my amended original notice below. It is a wonderful setting. See  www.glendaloughhotel.ie

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 01 June, 2013, 06:00:57 AM »

BUMP. There doesn't seem to be a 2013 events section on the Forum index page ....

Any takers for our Wicklow rally? - details above/below

Alan Murphy

JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 01 June, 2013, 03:45:21 PM »

I'm hoping to go - probably in the Lambda this time. Depends a bit on the weather. Must be getting old!
 Regards, John
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 02 June, 2013, 11:06:16 PM »

Hi John

Looking forward to welcoming you however you arrive! There is talk of Irish Lambdas coming out too ... but I'll believe it when I see it! Yours is sort of Irish too isn't it?

Alan

Alan Murphy

JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 03 June, 2013, 12:27:49 PM »

Hi John

Yours is sort of Irish too isn't it?

Alan
Is it? News to me!
 Regards, John
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #7 on: 04 June, 2013, 06:21:47 AM »

Hi John

I thought it was the one with ZI in the reg which is an Irish allocation on the pre-independence UK system of registration but I must be mistakenly thinking of someone else's car.

Regards

Alan

Alan Murphy

JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 04 June, 2013, 08:16:27 AM »

Hi John

I thought it was the one with ZI in the reg which is an Irish allocation on the pre-independence UK system of registration but I must be mistakenly thinking of someone else's car.

Regards

Alan
No, that's the ex John Turner car, now owned by Gerald Batt.
Regards, John
HF_Dave
Megaposter

Rust , What Rust !! I don't See any rust !!!

« Reply #9 on: 12 June, 2013, 07:48:27 AM »

Less than a month to go to our rally weekend. I am looking forward to it now once everybody has committed . I have already had a couple of great weekends away with my Fulvia this year in North Wales and Goodwood for the 50th . If anybody wishes to come along there are still rooms available in the hotel . We are looking forward to greeting lancia's from the UK and further. Kind regards. David Mirolo President, Lancia Motor Club Ireland. Smiley

My Current Cars:

1991 Thema station wagon
1989 Thema 16v
2011 Lancia Delta 3

1977 Beta sedan 2000
1975 Fulvia S3 1.3
1973 Flavia HF 2000 Coupe
1972 Fulvia S2 1.3
1989 Thema 8.32
**Other Makes**
2018 Alfa Giulia
1999 Alfa 156