Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 03:48:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2C Help please  (Read 15242 times)
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #30 on: 18 May, 2013, 11:15:34 AM »

Lots of info there:
http://viva-lancia.com/fulvia/qanda/carbs/tuning.php

Also regarding too high idle:
http://viva-lancia.com/fulvia/qanda/carbs/high-idle.php

A gold mine of information really, with the caveat:
Carb tuning is complex and should not be left to the un-experienced. If carbs are properly tuned, Fulvias are extremely economical in terms of fuel consumption: the real problem is that often carbs are not properly set-up or tuned.
blueboxer

« Reply #31 on: 18 May, 2013, 12:38:22 PM »

I think part of the problem is having replaced two carb mounts with a single carb mount that the throttle mechanism is now slightly fouling the single mount. Going to have to file a gap for it to return into.
Hopefully that wil get the idle under control.

Feb 1965 RHD Fulvia 2C (still running it's original engine and gearbox) and quite a few others of various marques
blueboxer

« Reply #32 on: 18 May, 2013, 05:37:37 PM »

I think part of the problem is having replaced two carb mounts with a single carb mount that the throttle mechanism is now slightly fouling the single mount. Going to have to file a gap for it to return into.
Hopefully that wil get the idle under control.

Update, ALL of the problem was the single carb mount as opposed to the 2 x  carb mounts I had before. With the old mounts, there was space between them for the throttle mechanism to spring nicely back but not with the new single mount. I've now cut a notch into the single mount and the throttle works as it should.
The new mount cured the low rev hesitation and the car is driving nicely. Yes, I'm sure a little more carb tuning with a carb balancer will help performance or economy but I'm much happier with the way the car is driving. Grin

Feb 1965 RHD Fulvia 2C (still running it's original engine and gearbox) and quite a few others of various marques
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #33 on: 19 May, 2013, 07:46:49 PM »

I am delighted, how excellent to get a really positive result after your patience and determination, aided in  no small part by members of the forum.

That truly sums up  what it is all about !!!

Now you can set about enjoying the car.

Andy
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #34 on: 19 May, 2013, 08:33:47 PM »

Really great news....so there will be at least 3 Fulvia Series 1 Berlinas next weekend. How exciting. And the forum has been very helpful I reckon - I have learned all sorts of Fulvia tips over the last couple of years in spite of what must be nearly 43 years of continuous Fulvia ownership! (1971 to date)
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
blueboxer

« Reply #35 on: 19 May, 2013, 09:21:05 PM »

Yes, definitely the forum pointed me in the right direction straight away so thanks for all of the contributions.

Next job will likely be a new possibly upgraded clutch for the 2C so I'll be asking the forum which is the best way to tackle that!

fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #36 on: 19 May, 2013, 11:12:02 PM »

Yes, definitely the forum pointed me in the right direction straight away so thanks for all of the contributions.

Next job will likely be a new possibly upgraded clutch for the 2C so I'll be asking the forum which is the best way to tackle that!

Any particular reason why? my clutch has been in for 14 years and 22,000 miles with no problems, but I'd better keep my fingers crossed after tempting fate like that Shocked

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
blueboxer

« Reply #37 on: 20 May, 2013, 12:10:28 AM »

Any particular reason why? my clutch has been in for 14 years and 22,000 miles with no problems, but I'd better keep my fingers crossed after tempting fate like that Shocked

Brian
8227 Cool
I just felt that after driving it for a while with the leaking carb mounts, it necessitated a lot of high rev pull offs just to get the car moving. At the time, I felt the clutch was beginning to get a little juddery. Now the carb mount is fixed, I can pull away with the minimum of revs and it feels ok but , with it having competed and me not knowing when it was last changed, I figured it would be a sensible move to change it at some point in the not too distant future.
I'd be interested to know what options there are available. I read somewhere on here that the Fiat Uno turbo clutch is a good alternative on the 1300 so maybe there is something similar for the 2C?

chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #38 on: 20 May, 2013, 07:33:38 AM »

In the 70's our original 2C was used to tow a 21' Shetland cabin cruiser + outboard including going up and down ramps to float the boat off the trailer. We never had any issues with the efficiency or effectiveness of the clutch......however we did need to find spectators to sit on the front wings of the car when hauling the trailer + boat out of the water up the ramp due to front wheel slip with so much weight on the ball!
I never dared to calculate what the weight of boat + contents + trailer + engine was but we must have been breaking the rules by some margin.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd