Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:53:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are they now?  (Read 42030 times)
northfawley
Lapsed

« Reply #30 on: 29 June, 2010, 08:49:57 AM »

you are quite right Andy.My memory had gone cloudy!

Simon Lake
Lancia Augusta Berlina 1935 CLM 337
Land Rover Series 1 1950!
www.lakeautosnug.co.uk
needmorelancias
Lapsed

« Reply #31 on: 10 August, 2011, 06:17:53 PM »

f77 jhj where are you my old white prisma???
cap959t, beta hpe are you out there???
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #32 on: 11 August, 2011, 07:54:10 AM »

I bought XYM38N for my father from Ivor Hill, the Lancia dealer in Wimbledon when it was 2 or 3 years old and he ran it for a good number of years. It had green trim and a black back panel and was a good reliable car. When I sold it for him, we gave the new owner all the test reports we had accumulated on the car. Dad then bought a new white 1500 Delta from Ivor Hill for a great price which was not very well made although mechanically it was excellent. After dad died in 1996, it went to Peter Harding to have it and he put new doors on, sorted out the corrosion around the widnscreen and painted it yellow which looked great. It then lasted a good number of years with Peter.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Edo
« Reply #33 on: 25 September, 2011, 09:14:33 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for my ex Fanalone chassis number 2124. It was red with the original yellow-blue stip. It's a road car and I owned it until 2001 then it was sold to Mr. Turner in England who sold it again to someone.
Does anybody know where the car is now? Any photos?

Thank you very much!

Edo
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #34 on: 26 September, 2011, 06:51:38 AM »

Ref my earlier post, does Fulvia Coupe 3 XYM38N still exist? Is there any easy way to find out?

Chris Gawne
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #35 on: 26 September, 2011, 07:38:22 AM »

Ref my earlier post, does Fulvia Coupe 3 XYM38N still exist? Is there any easy way to find out?

Chris,
This is the DVLA vehicle enquiry report,
The road tax or whatever you like to call it should have been renewed 1.8.1998, so someone has got it tucked away or the DVLA have never been notified that it's been sold abroad or scrapped,  as it's never been on the road since Sorn came into operation the owner doesn't have to tell them it's off the road or get fined for not doing so.
I think it's more likely that it's been scrapped after all this time, BUT Huh?

Brian
8227 Cool
The enquiry is complete 

The vehicle details for XYM 38N are: 

Date of Liability  01 08 1988 
Date of First Registration  13 09 1974 
Year of Manufacture  Not Available 
Cylinder Capacity (cc)  1298CC 
CO2 Emissions  Not Available 
Fuel Type  Petrol 
Export Marker  Not Applicable 
Vehicle Status  Unlicensed 
Vehicle Colour  WHITE 
Vehicle Type Approval   

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle   
6 Months Rate  £71.50 
12 Months Rate  £130.00 

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #36 on: 27 September, 2011, 06:56:38 AM »

Thanks Brian,
My Dad and I filled up the cavities of the car with what seemd like gallons of Dinitrol and Waxoyl but sadly the steel used in the body was very poor by the time the Fulvia 3's were made. I fear you are correct .
Chris

Chris Gawne
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #37 on: 08 October, 2011, 03:34:45 PM »

30 years ago I had an Astura chassis series III? - 1935 I think, that I rescued from Eddie Gee.  It had had an all aluminium saloon body that he had chopped off leaving the front wings (sweeping, with bilateral spare wheel mountings), scuttle and bonnet/radiator shell and boot.  These were red and black.  I have an idea that the instruments were not quite round and were brown but my memory may be failing here.  I sold it to a chap in Ulster who was trying to set up an Astura consortium and never heard any more of it.  I think the registration was BYL... (?or DUL>>>?).  Alas, I do not have a photo.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Mattnovat
Lapsed

« Reply #38 on: 04 January, 2012, 03:59:23 PM »

White Delta HF4WD reg D700SGO.   This was one of the first five HF4WD press cars and was the only one on the road.  I sold it to a guy who worked for British rail somewhere near Redcar. 

I found this car in a barn in Luton in a bit of a sorry state and rebuilt this car back in about 2000/2001 - It was featured in Paul Bakers Delta book as I put it back to original minus the half cage.  While at the NEC classic car show I heard that it was recently sold....possibly on Ebay.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you send the wall across the field once youve hit it.
rockets
Lapsed

« Reply #39 on: 23 February, 2012, 12:31:36 PM »

Hey everyone...I'm trying to find if my old Y10 GTie still exists or what happened to it. I owned it from 1993 to early 2001. Its registration was G851 YAN. A Rosso Corsa model. VIN/Chassis no. ZAA1560005051660. Engine no. 2958365. First registered 29th September 1989.

I stupidly sold the car to Trevor Nicosia when the clutch gave up....a bit silly considering how much care I had given the car during my ownership.

All I can remember is that he sold the car onto a guy who I think lived somewhere along the south coast of England. The new owner got in touch with me after I sold it wanting to know its history!!! At the time I lived near Heathrow but have since moved back home to Northern Ireland.

The car had a few distinguishing features, namely, Lancia emblems at the bottom of the front wings and B pillars. Red inserts in the bumpers. Also I purchased 'Y10' badging from the last facelift of the Y10's and these were beside the front side indicator repeaters and on the passenger side dash. I may have still had a GTie badge from a Delta on the front grill as well at the time. In addition, the interior had an econometer gauge in place of the coin tray (not connected) and 'Alcantara' side panels by the rear seats (which I had got from a 'Touring') instead of black plastic. Lastly, there were walnut inserts from a Rover on the door cards and possibly above the glovebox.

All I have managed to find from the DVLA was that it was last taxed in either 04 or 06 (I can't remember which). The DVLA guy couldn't release more info other than to say that he didn't believe it to be scrapped but neither was it SORN!!!! Confusing to me!!!!!!??

If anyone knows anything about my old car please let me know....even if it has come to an unfortunate end!!!!!

I should never have gotten rid of it in the first place!!! It was in pretty good condition having been on the Lancia Motor Club stands at 3 Dublin and Vintage classic car shows in the 90's.

Many thanks
Stephen Irwin
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #40 on: 23 February, 2012, 12:41:37 PM »

I hate to say it but with it being 6 or 8 years in the worst case of it being off the road, I think it's more than likely it's gone to the great Lancia Graveyard.
Having owned a couple of Y10's a Fire & A Gtie, the worst thing you can do is let one sit around without being used, as is the case with most cars, and I know that both of mine had to be constantly used, and I had to keep on top of anything that needed doing to the body.
Because someone hasn't notified the DVLA is no guarantee it's still around as if it went off the road before the introduction of Sorn which might be the case, I can't remember when that came in, many people just didn't bother to let the DVLA know.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Clyno
« Reply #41 on: 24 July, 2013, 02:50:23 PM »

Gentlemen,
Does anyone know the whereabouts of any of my previous Lancias......... I’ve looked on the DVLA website, but can only find limited information.

(i) Lancia Fulvia 1.3 S3 Coupe.
Reg. No.      KPK 284P
Colour.      Was Blue, but post 1987 repainted Red!
My Ownership.   From: 1985-1987      
Sold.              1987 to a Guy near Southampton.             
DVLA Database indicates.......
1st Registered.   26.09.1975
Current Status:   Unlicenced
Licence.      Expired 26.10.1993      

(ii) Lancia Delta HF ie Turbo.    
Reg. No.      E420 SKN
Colour.      Was Red but post 1991 repainted Maroon
My Ownership.   From: 1988-1991   
Sold.              1991, after a bad accident I sold the car for parts to a Guy in Scotland, who I
                        understand re-shelled & rebuilt the car.   
DVLA Database indicates.......
1st Registered.   08.08.1987
Licence.      Expired 01.12.1993      

(iii) Lancia Beta 2000 HPE.    
Reg. No.      EBJ 730Y
Colour.      White
My Ownership.   From: 1992-1993
Sold.              1991 to a Guy from Havant, Hampshire.
DVLA Database indicates........
1st Registered.   20.06.1983
Licence.      Expired 26.04.1996

I’d love to know if any of these cars survive, especially the Fulvia Coupe which I totally rebuilt as a student, including a bare metal respray. ......... I still regret selling this one.      

Thanks, Trev.                                                     
adrian donovan

Aurelia 4th series

« Reply #42 on: 24 July, 2013, 10:24:34 PM »

Why Clyno? - do you own one? - if so are you going to the Wolverhampton do on September 1st??
Clyno
« Reply #43 on: 25 July, 2013, 10:29:52 AM »

Yes...........i've owned them all in the past, with fond memories of each. I'm keen to know if any survive.
Whats happening in Wolverhampton on 1st September?
adrian donovan

Aurelia 4th series

« Reply #44 on: 25 July, 2013, 05:46:41 PM »

There's a gathering of Wolverhampton made cars etc - Sunbeams and Stars are leaving their old factory locations at 10.30 and travelling to Halfpenny Green aerodrome - it's in aid of the potential transport museum there. Try alecbrew@hotmail.co.uk for more info!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd