Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
18 April, 2024, 03:47:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just got excited about an £80k Stratos  (Read 2754 times)
blueboxer

« on: 04 April, 2013, 05:15:31 PM »

As per the title, I spotted a Stratos advertised at £80k. Thoughts of selling a kidney or mortgaging the children rapidly entered my head. Imagine my disappointment when reading the advert to discover that it is £80k for a reconstruction. They're calling it reconstruction, I'm calling it kit car as I see it's got an Alfa V6. It's listed as a 1976 and I'm assuming that's the age of the donor (please tell me that it can't be a real stratos with an alfa v6 in ).  I thought you could buy a fully finished kit for about £30k and often less if you pick up someone else's project.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C377337
Anyway, if it is a kit and they can get 80-90,000 euros for it, I'm going into the business of buying kits in the UK  and selling them to the French!

Feb 1965 RHD Fulvia 2C (still running it's original engine and gearbox) and quite a few others of various marques
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 04 April, 2013, 09:22:47 PM »

Hi

Given that most things in France tend to be expensive now except Diesel, then yes it has to be a kit. If year is 76 then probably was a Beta based one which has been upgraded to the Alfa engine. One reason for the price will be scarcity in France as I think kit building in France is difficult to get registered. Also kits like the Hawk have tended to be right hand drive due to the UK base and relative ease on getting through IVA here ( many will of course argue it is not that easy!).

Typical Uk price is in the 20-35K region depending on build. LHD may be more I guess, but 80k Euros is a whole new world.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd