Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:26:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Fulvia 1.3 Rallye 1969 - first ever project!!  (Read 20682 times)
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #15 on: 07 April, 2013, 07:00:36 PM »

I always think colours are a personal choice, but colours that are faithful to what was available at the time will never hurt values. For me, I've always taken the colour as first delivered.

My Fulvia Colour Sample cards (no date but between 66-69) give the following:

Bianco Saratoga (an off-white)
Grigio Vinovo
Grigio tor di Valle
Turchese Mereveld (a green)
Blue Mendoza
Blue Lancia
Giada Bettole (a sort of cream)
Verde Ostenda (very dark green - almost black)
Nero
Amaranto Montebello (a dark wine red)
Argento Nevada
Blue Jamaica
Rosa Mirabello

However............I also have several UK sales brochures from the late '60's and not all colours are listed as being available in the UK, so if you really want to keep the pedants of your back you may have to check what was available in SA Smiley

I have the codes for most of the above if you need them.

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 08 April, 2013, 02:03:49 PM »

Hey guys,

Brian, thanks for the heads up, the car is almost completely stripped down now and is looking pretty good.

Today i had a great day at a classic car meet at Victory Park Johannesburg, great to see what my car is potentially going to look like. I also met with the man who is collecting my body and other parts tomorrow, and will return it to me in approx 6 months, looking like new!

Hi Olly,

The guy behind the Fulvia chatting to the chap in the hat is Tony Seiler. Did you get to speak to him?

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
oliverlyon

« Reply #17 on: 09 April, 2013, 06:55:08 PM »

Robin,

Yes thanks, met Tony, he is coming to my house this weekend to look at the engine etc and work out exactly what parts im missing.

On another note, just bought a 1960 Motorola car radio, still new, never been fitted on eBay just got to collect it when i next go back to the UK!

I will have the subframe fully stripped by the end of this weekend and then off to join the rest of the body at the workshop where she is currently being sand blasted etc...

Will keep you all posted.

Olly
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 12 April, 2013, 05:35:45 PM »

This maybe of interest, but I couldn't find much detail on the site http://subcompactculture.com/2011/09/road-race-motorsports-1967-lancia-gets.html?m=1

* lancia.jpg (31.6 KB, 280x210 - viewed 2098 times.)

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
oliverlyon

« Reply #19 on: 01 May, 2013, 04:59:33 PM »

Right decision made I think, going for Bianco Saratoga (white), white powder coated wheels, chrome hub caps. For the interior going for black leather, Matt finish, with white stitching...

I now have the front grill and badge, I need to get the front badge restored, it looks very dirty and stained. I a, planning on washing it in soapy water then tackling it with Brasso, anyone got any tips for this ?

Also I have now sent my dashboard dials to be restored, I noticed today that the clock has what looks like an Alpha Romeo badge on its face. It is the same brand as the other dials - Veglia. Is this normal or at some point has the clock been changed ?

Cheers,

Olly
Lapsed Cesare Ferrari
Lapsed

« Reply #20 on: 01 May, 2013, 05:25:14 PM »

Forgive me for intruding on your decision, but while contrast stitching is attractive it is very definitely modern and not something one would have found on any car in the sixties, and certainly not on a Fulvia. Leather is a nice substitute for the Lancia vinyl, but again I am not quite sure what you mean by matte. The original vinyl has a slight sheen, but what I would really advise against is anything that is not a traditional leather finish. With all the excellent work you are doing I think you need to be chary of introducing solecisms. particularly as the series one Fulvia is finally gaining proper recognition as a historic vehicle.

Ciao

Cesare
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 01 May, 2013, 06:19:58 PM »

Clicking the red cross goes only to PB, should there be photos? The creamy white colour for the wheels should be "Old English White with a dash of Yellow" according to some. I can't say I have noticed any "Alpha Romeo"badges on my Lancia clock faces. Richard

* PBLoves.jpg (2.25 KB, 145x145 - viewed 1668 times.)

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 02 May, 2013, 09:53:07 AM »

Personally I wouldn't go the route of cleaning up the old grille badge as I doubt you'll ever get it to looking anything like new as invariably the gunge metal is corroded, I bought a very nice plastic replacement badge off  of ebay that looks the part and is of nice quality some years ago that still looks good.

Brian
8227 Cool

* Original Lancia Badge.jpg (414.7 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 868 times.)

* Lancia New Badge-Plastic.jpg (164.41 KB, 753x769 - viewed 1054 times.)

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
oliverlyon

« Reply #23 on: 02 May, 2013, 11:26:32 AM »

Sorry guys for some reason the photos disappeared, see below...

Lancia badge

Clock

Cheers,

Olly
oliverlyon

« Reply #24 on: 02 May, 2013, 11:30:12 AM »

Thanks for the feedback guys...

Cesare, when i say 'Matt' i just mean i do not want it to be a 'shiny' leather. Apart from perhaps the addition of white stitching, everything else on the car will be restored to original mint condition.

Does anyone have any idea of what the potential value of my Fulvia will be once it is completed, if mint ?

Olly
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #25 on: 02 May, 2013, 01:14:16 PM »

Hi - your clock is not from a Lancia..... v similar but should be logo less.

To clean the emblem use autosol for motor shop....

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #26 on: 04 May, 2013, 11:42:46 AM »

My personal view...and it is getting stronger as I get older....is that originality is king.
So I would always go for the original ex factory colour, original interior both colour and material and as far as mechanical spec is concerned I would tend to go to the original build spec.
In my experience, rarely have aftermarket mods enhanced the car and in many cases they improve one aspect of the car creating an imbalance in the overall package.
Early Fulvias are really lovely cars when well sorted and are a very efficient package particularly when driving cross-country.

Also where finished value is concerned, originality will always be especially attractive to a potential purchaser.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Lapsed Cesare Ferrari
Lapsed

« Reply #27 on: 04 May, 2013, 01:12:01 PM »

Concerning wheels, and just to add to what Chris says on originality, the off-white wheel colour for Lancias, up to Rallye 1.3. Fulvias, is properly Avorio Ruote, meaning wheels ivory. I think it varied over time. There are a couple available in aerosol from Spraydosen Shop in Germany- one says it is for the Fulvia HF, and of course the 1.2 and 1.3 HF had standard ivory wheels. The other, W 2203 is a Lancia colour code for a fifties ivory. I mention this for the colour only, and I have not used the Spraymax one-coat aerosol system myself.

Here is a link to the website: 
http://www.spraydosen-shop.de/navi.php?suchausdruck=avorio+ruote&JTLSHOP=nnkt9rffbure8s3l9dt9bhqt75

However, if your car is a Rallye 1.3S, that is the one with elaborate hubcaps with separate Lancia badge and trim rings. the proper wheel colour becomes silver grey. I don't have any colour references for that though.
Best wishes
Cesare
oliverlyon

« Reply #28 on: 07 May, 2013, 08:28:39 PM »

Thanks for yet more great points guys...

I have now sourced an original clock for my car...

Today the car came back from being sand / bead blasted, back to bear metal, you can really see the rust which is present...

I am just waiting for my new piston rings, the block is back from the machine shop, I have my gasket set. Just got to clean parts this weekend and then start rebuilding the engine.

I am going to fill cracks on the steering wheel and start the restoration of that.

I have decided to restore the dashboard with new veneer.

My rev counter and speedo had some cracks in the glass so new ones have been sourced in perfect condition.

It's all coming together from now on! Any more tips please!

Cheers, Olly
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #29 on: 08 May, 2013, 12:27:18 AM »

Lots of work ahead and I do hope the sand blasting wasn't the cause of all the dents, as I've heard that can happen with that medium although I have no practical experience.
Good luck with the restoration.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd