Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:06:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: B12 engine for sale on ebay  (Read 4124 times)
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« on: 29 March, 2013, 02:58:50 PM »

There is a B12 engine for sale on ebay, supposedly in running condition,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-Aurelia-B12-B20-B24-B22-complete-running-engine-/171015664608?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123#ht_545wt_1394

Just the thing for Parisien

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 29 March, 2013, 03:04:13 PM »

Its been up before........no bids on it.....an unknown quantity.....anyone care to advise me?

P

Frank Gallagher
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 29 March, 2013, 03:25:06 PM »

It rather depends on how bad the engine you already have is. This could be a relatively inexpensive way to have your car up and running. Of course this also depends how good the engine on ebay is too, perhaps a few enquiries are in order.

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 29 March, 2013, 03:26:41 PM »

Short flight to Austria with a few spanners in your suitcase - afternoon's work and you'd have a pretty good idea if it's any good ! - worth a trip ?

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 29 March, 2013, 03:27:50 PM »

Mine is seized (not stripped down yet), but this one has been out of a B 12 for some decades, says its been oiled and turned...but.......am wholly unsure about buying another engine just to rebuild it, might not be smartest use of my funds

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 29 March, 2013, 03:28:47 PM »

Short flight to Austria with a few spanners in your suitcase - afternoon's work and you'd have a pretty good idea if it's any good ! - worth a trip ?

It would be if I knew which end of a spanner to hold! Plus then what to look for etc

P

Frank Gallagher
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 29 March, 2013, 08:43:20 PM »

Mine is seized (not stripped down yet), but this one has been out of a B 12 for some decades, says its been oiled and turned...but.......am wholly unsure about buying another engine just to rebuild it, might not be smartest use of my funds

P

Frank,  Remember my on going engine woes. The engine I'm working on was rebuilt some 45 odd years ago with new pistons and liners etc etc. It also was well oiled and regularly turned over by. It started and ran fine (for about an hour), then blew a head gasket. And that was just the easy problem. 32 head studs later its still not running properly, and looks as though it will need a complete strip down and rebuild. At the very least, I'd strip and rebuild, just for peace of mind.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 29 March, 2013, 09:03:21 PM »

Hi Kevin,

Thats a shame......you did your best re that car and engine, just goes to show how difficult and time consuming the Aurelia engines can be. So in effect its a partial rebuild at the very least, its only really worth half that amount as a spare engine

Cheers again

P
« Last Edit: 29 March, 2013, 09:10:26 PM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #8 on: 29 March, 2013, 09:21:17 PM »

Its funny, my own car, which I have going on 14 years now, has given me no engine problems whatsoever. All I've ever done, was change oil and filters, plugs, points and coolant, nothing else.
I'd love to have a 'spare' just in case, but so far, no need. I think if your engine comes apart easily enough, and is properly rebuilt, it would be a more cost effective option.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd