Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:50:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Budget News  (Read 8526 times)
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 23 March, 2013, 01:36:26 PM »

Cesare, my abject apologies for not spotting the great Apple presumptive spelling in my previous post.

I have checked and this time your name is correctly spelt !!

Andy
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 23 March, 2013, 02:48:13 PM »

MOT is only valid on day of issue.....onus is always on owner to keep his car road worthy.

Effectively they will rely on the 95% to do the responsible thing whilst maybe 5% may not.

Hoping its not a devious Trojan horse to shaft the sensible 95%! What are the EU examples of restriction of use of classic/vintage vehicles and usage?

P

Frank Gallagher
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 23 March, 2013, 11:06:20 PM »

I have discussed with my MOT man and will continue to have my cars checked yearly. My main concern is that if ,God forbid, I have to make an insurance claim that my insures will use the lack of a yearly test against me.

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #18 on: 23 March, 2013, 11:30:49 PM »

MOT is only valid on day of issue.....

Even even less I'd say! I had a suspension strut top mount fail on me just a few hours after the car passed the MOT test. See http://gammaconsortium.com/lanciagammaforum/index.php?topic=5.msg10134#msg10134

Theo Kyriacou
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 23 March, 2013, 11:42:56 PM »

MOT is only valid on day of issue.....

Even even less I'd say! I had a suspension strut top mount fail on me just a few hours after the car passed the MOT test. See http://gammaconsortium.com/lanciagammaforum/index.php?topic=5.msg10134#msg10134

....ok....at moment of issue....Wink

P

Frank Gallagher
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 24 March, 2013, 08:55:25 AM »

This reminds me of a tale Jim told me.

He had done some welding for a friend of a friend who, when it had been completed, had the impertinence to ask if it was guaranteed.  "Of course it is" said Jim, "fully guaranteed ....... until you drive out the gate"!!!!

It's so reassuring to know he has confidence in his work!!

Andy
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 24 March, 2013, 09:15:07 AM »

So you need to drive up and down his 3 mile driveway a few dozen times before leaving his premises!!!

Wink

Having said that....am sure anyone doing this type of work would allow a degree of come back if something failed too soon or was badly done....but then good ones don't get to that point

P

Frank Gallagher
rogerelias
Rebel Poster

MY 1600HF IN HEARTBEAT GARAGE

« Reply #22 on: 24 March, 2013, 12:41:44 PM »

Standard motor trade warranty used to be, a mile or a minute whichever came first Wink Wink

FULVIA 1600HF LUSSO
1958 VELOCETTE MAC
Triumph Bonneville t120v 1972
1968 MGC ROADSTER
1958 Series 2 Appia berlina
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« Reply #23 on: 24 March, 2013, 01:27:07 PM »

I guess that the exemption date of April 2014 instead of 2013 establishes an age of 40 years? There's also an issue with anyone who has already got a tax disc on their car that they paid for that extends beyond April 2013, I suspect that the government would be reluctant to have to deal with all the refunds that they'd be asked for only to have to re-issue (free) tax discs the next day.

Whatever the reasons I welcome it and look forward to 2018 when the Stratos replica reaches 40 years old. Luckily for me the age wasn't altered from the donor car when it was checked by the DVLA so it's properly registered, just appears 10 years older than it is!

And I totally agree with concerns over the removal of the annual MOT test. Despite building the car myself and knowing it better than the MOT inspector I welcome the annual test as things do wear out slowly and you don't always notice a worn bearing/joint gradually getting worse. A second pair of eyes each year is essential.

Has anyone approached their insurance company for a view? How do you prove your vehicle has been properly maintained in the event of a claim if there's no service history or MOT test?

Guy
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #24 on: 24 March, 2013, 01:56:46 PM »

How often is mechanical failure the blame for an accident?

Driver error is what...90 plus percent the reason for all accidents. And as older cars represent 0.001 of overall car market/miles covered/driven at off peak periods/daylight/holiday drives, no pressure,  ( figure picked from mid-air!)...then the likelihood of increased accidents almost non-existant....plus when an accident does occur, less serious as driven more slowly, and more carefully

P

« Last Edit: 24 March, 2013, 02:01:22 PM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd