Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 02:36:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flaminia Berlina  (Read 32166 times)
blueboxer

« Reply #30 on: 26 March, 2013, 05:07:25 PM »

Thanks....complete restoration then......$10K.........price tag

P
and then you'd need to get it here and pay the duty, etc.    Have also been sent some pics by a Dutch dealer of a US import he's got in stock at 6750 euros. He says it's very solid and from the pics I've seen it looks ok but I've not seen underneath. He says it needs about 1000 euros to make it a useable runner.

Feb 1965 RHD Fulvia 2C (still running it's original engine and gearbox) and quite a few others of various marques
blueboxer

« Reply #31 on: 26 March, 2013, 05:18:30 PM »

Thanks....complete restoration then......$10K.........price tag

P
and then you'd need to get it here and pay the duty, etc.    Have also been sent some pics by a Dutch dealer of a US import he's got in stock at 6750 euros. He says it's very solid and from the pics I've seen it looks ok but I've not seen underneath. He says it needs about 1000 euros to make it a useable runner.

Feb 1965 RHD Fulvia 2C (still running it's original engine and gearbox) and quite a few others of various marques
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #32 on: 26 March, 2013, 05:28:49 PM »

Only pics of interest are those from the underside and mats lifted.......

P

Frank Gallagher
blueboxer

« Reply #33 on: 26 March, 2013, 05:35:23 PM »

Only pics of interest are those from the underside and mats lifted.......

P
that's what I'm trying (and failing) to get out of the dealer in Germany . At least with the 2 x US cars the pictures give you an idea of what you would be taking on.

Also been sent this one today that's just come up . Apparently mint http://www.thegallerybrummen.nl/en_EN/autobedrijf/collectie/5360343/details.html

Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #34 on: 26 March, 2013, 05:42:45 PM »

They will all tell you that:

"it needs about 1000 euros to make it a useable runner."

If you get it running for 1'000 euros, that means maybe the engine starts and runs. But then you have to stop, get it safely back home and to live with it! What about the non-existent brakes, the rust everywhere, the chrome, the wiring loom falling apart, the lights, the clutch, the gearbox, the drive shaft, and finally the MOT? (oh, I forgot the suspension, the exhaust system, and the dampers!)

Even 10'000 euros is a gross understatement!

At least that american one:
http://www.petesclassiccars.com/1959Lancia/default.htm
has a honest and complete photo description of the body, the underpinnings and the interior.

Redoing completely an Aurelia B12 saloon, is easy in comparison!

So who is going to compete with Parisien, on schedule, and costs, with his newly acquired (at a very competitive price) Flaminia Berlina? Cheesy
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #35 on: 26 March, 2013, 05:53:59 PM »

That one blueboxer just posted looks stunning:

http://www.thegallerybrummen.nl/en_EN/autobedrijf/collectie/5360343/details.html

It illustrates well the point that you should always buy the best one available. You will never restore another Flaminia to that condition for that price! And a restored Flaminia always pales, compared to a well kept original!

Also, a point to ponder: early cars with drumbrakes are much easier to keep running, without that big Bonaldi servo, and the early Dunlop calipers...

blueboxer

« Reply #36 on: 26 March, 2013, 05:59:08 PM »

http://www.thegallerybrummen.nl/en_EN/autobedrijf/collectie/5360343/details.html

It illustrates well the point that you should always buy the best one available. You will never restore another Flaminia to that condition for that price! And a restored Flaminia always pales, compared to a well kept original!

Also, a point to ponder: early cars with drumbrakes are much easier to keep running, without that big Bonaldi servo, and the early Dunlop calipers...

What about this one. Possibly better still?  http://www.autoscout24.it/Details.aspx?id=208737281&cd=634633576540000000&asrc=st|fs

Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #37 on: 26 March, 2013, 06:14:21 PM »

They will all tell you that:

"it needs about 1000 euros to make it a useable runner."

If you get it running for 1'000 euros, that means maybe the engine starts and runs. But then you have to stop, get it safely back home and to live with it! What about the non-existent brakes, the rust everywhere, the chrome, the wiring loom falling apart, the lights, the clutch, the gearbox, the drive shaft, and finally the MOT? (oh, I forgot the suspension, the exhaust system, and the dampers!)

Even 10'000 euros is a gross understatement!

At least that american one:
http://www.petesclassiccars.com/1959Lancia/default.htm
has a honest and complete photo description of the body, the underpinnings and the interior.

Redoing completely an Aurelia B12 saloon, is easy in comparison!

So who is going to compete with Parisien, on schedule, and costs, with his newly acquired (at a very competitive price) Flaminia Berlina? Cheesy

Is my name being taken in vain.....??!!.......Wink

I didn't know it was a competition.....either to be done in 2/3/4/5 or more years on a shoe string budget!!!!!!

I won't be buying a Flaminia.........would love to mind you........Smiley

P
« Last Edit: 26 March, 2013, 06:17:25 PM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #38 on: 26 March, 2013, 06:16:38 PM »

What about this one. Possibly better still?  http://www.autoscout24.it/Details.aspx?id=208737281&cd=634633576540000000&asrc=st|fs

Looks divine.........mint almost....but as ever......put it up on a ramp.......get hands dirty, access all areas......if good, well worth the money.....BUT...would prefer to spend dosh on a coupe!!

P

Frank Gallagher
dannels
Megaposter

« Reply #39 on: 27 March, 2013, 01:32:25 PM »

Friends of mine got married in Italy - they had a really nice Berlina as their wedding car - a pretty impressive machine with loads of road presence. Having said that I'm with Parisien - I'd still go for a Coupe - based on looks and the economics. I think those Belinas will take a while to shift and the rough ones are really only parts cars....and as such are overpriced

1961 Flaminia GT, 1966 Matra Djet V
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #40 on: 27 March, 2013, 02:20:03 PM »

Not sure its over priced....its just that the few good ones around are worth more than we think! Plus their prices are getting pulled upwards due to coupes prices.

P

Frank Gallagher
blueboxer

« Reply #41 on: 27 March, 2013, 02:24:40 PM »

Friends of mine got married in Italy - they had a really nice Berlina as their wedding car - a pretty impressive machine with loads of road presence. Having said that I'm with Parisien - I'd still go for a Coupe - based on looks and the economics. I think those Belinas will take a while to shift and the rough ones are really only parts cars....and as such are overpriced
As much as I like all the variants of the Coupe, I've always really wanted a Berlina.  There is something really appealing (to me) about cramming the entire family into a Berlina and wafting along in a car that the vast majority of other road users will have no idea what it is!  

chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #42 on: 27 March, 2013, 02:35:12 PM »

I have said on many occasions that the Saloon variant of many cars can be much more satisfying to drive that the Coupe variant. The saloons tend to be more rigid and have a more compliant ride. I can see that Andy is a man of taste having a Fulvia 2C and although I have never driven a Flaminia Berlina, I reckon he is on the right track......for him. Our Fulvia Berlina GTE is delightful and very nearly as nimble as our Fulvia Sport. It is also better built!

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #43 on: 27 March, 2013, 04:10:34 PM »

That American one has great photos of the pair of paired inside-outside wipers. Reason enough for one just there Smiley 

There's something so extravagant about the spec on all the berlinas.  On an Aurelia B20 the suspension oilers and brake pressuriser look like expensive refinements for a top of the range car but there they are on an Appia.  Open the bonnet of a Fulvia coupe and the twin carbs are an impressive sight, pop the bonnet on a Berlina and you fall over backwards at the madness of it.  On a Flamina Zagato inboard brakes and a de-dion is impressive race technology next to a cart sprung Ferrari but look under the six seat limo and there it is as well.  THEN there's the build quality all the way through...

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #44 on: 28 March, 2013, 07:31:10 PM »

Peter Collins

* Lancia_Gens_012.jpg (37.06 KB, 726x445 - viewed 293 times.)

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd