Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:43:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Video Group  (Read 27821 times)
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 01 September, 2007, 09:22:57 PM »

Well done for that Lawrence , as Brian said brings back happy memories! It is an amazing montage when you consider it was broadcast in the evening and covered all the events up to that afternoon (my group driving around lingotto if my memory is correct)

Steve

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
snapper8v
« Reply #16 on: 01 September, 2007, 11:22:26 PM »

It was a year ago today that Simon & I set off on our pilgrimage, oh how time flies  Roll Eyes. I may have breached a copyright or 2 somewhere along the lines, but the bloke who done all the filming was stood right behind me at the Biscaretti & said nothing, hence why it's now Googled for everyone to see, shame that we can't puchase the DVD, although I did purchase the photo CD to go along with my 1,000 or so photos  Grin. The offer is open to anyone if they want a copy, just go onto the contact page on my website & send me a blank DVD along with a sturdy case & S.A.E. Thanks.

LAWRENCE
www.lawrencecliftphotography.co.uk
snapper8v
« Reply #17 on: 07 September, 2007, 09:11:40 AM »

Brian,
Just to let you know that your DVD's have been done & will be in the post today.

From a Lancia "enthusiast" to other Lancisti, rumour has it that non LMC members won't be able to post up on this forum for much longer & is the committee's ruling NOT the members. I for one disagree to this as (this has been pointed out to "Rodders" when I've been banned a couple of times) if someone is looking at purchasing a Lancia for the 1st time & comes across this forum, at least they can ask a question or 2, this can only be good for the marque??? I apologise if I've ruffled a few feathers along the way, I've organised quite a few events through the LMC & now another club will be receiving this input. Thanks.

LAWRENCE
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #18 on: 07 September, 2007, 09:36:41 AM »

Is what snapper 8V saying true ?? If we want to encourage membership and present the LMC as an open and welcoming club to potential members, an "open access for posting" area is a necessity. I am not aware of a single club site that has this blanket restriction. I hope it is not a reaction to one or two ex-members' occasional postings causing some kind of resentment amongst some members. If so I think "grin and bear it" is a far better policy. Members only area yes, blanket restriction, guaranteed to backfire.
Neil

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
timuth
« Reply #19 on: 07 September, 2007, 10:28:58 AM »

No ban them all, to quote the editor of the monthly propaganda “there is no other motor club in the UK that carries this kind of atmosphere”.

Ok he is talking about the AGM, but that was limited to what 100 ish members…… Hmm great…..  Atmosphere of 100 ish people must have been swell. But then again how can he say about the atmosphere as he also states he wasn’t there….?

As said before this thread bye bye new members as who is going to want to join a club with that attitude and atmosphere….?
chrislg
« Reply #20 on: 07 September, 2007, 11:28:49 AM »

Interesting debate, but if we did restrict the forum to club members only (and I am NOT saying we should) we would not be alone,  despite Neil's assertion that he is unaware of no single club that does so! There are a number of clubs who do restrict their forums to members only - and one of them is one of the largest and most influential historic clubs in the UK - the VSCC (Vintage Sports Car Club) with approximately 10,000 members. Others after a very quick look are:

VSCC – www.vscc.co.uk
Alfa Romeo Owners Club - www.aroc-uk.co.uk
Jaguar Enthusiasts' Club - www.jec.org.uk
Goodwood Road Racing Club - www.goodwood.co.uk
Alvis Owner Club - www.alvisoc.org
BARC - www.barc.net
X1/9 Owners Club - www.x1-9ownersclub.org.uk

I am also pretty sure that others like the Ferrari Owners Club may have a forum – but you have to be a member to log in to their site to access it. I know some other clubs are thinking along the same lines because of legal problems that they can cause because users don’t follow the rules, so by making it ‘members’ only it reduces the risk of problems occurring. Again I am NOT for totally excluding non-members from posting, but it might have to be in certain areas only and be restricted to asking for help or advice – rather than general comments.

Chris
l3hou
« Reply #21 on: 07 September, 2007, 11:57:06 AM »

If people have to say who there are, and it's identified if you're a paid up member or not (as it is here), then what is there to gain by forcing the "closed shop" approach apart from reduced communication and more distance between members and non-members.

Since the moderators can "moderate" people where is the issue.

Is the reason that people crack too many blue jokes in the Warby lounge (which is memebrs only and restricted), or is it to stop people like me advertising the L2B or Lawrence the track days.

The latter can be easily solved via me sending in a membership application, so I'm struggling to see any benefit in building a wall between enthusiasts.

If it is done in a bid to bring up membership subs to help the finances, there are very serious gains to be had elsewhere: Like the extreme cost of Viva Lancia that has enjoyed no scrutiny for many years.  Having been a committee member and close to publishing sources, I can assure you there is meat here - in a big way.

ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #22 on: 07 September, 2007, 12:22:49 PM »

I guess I didn't do my research properly  Embarrassed, they must be in the minority though as I have never come across any, and I am a pretty regular searcher for infomation from forums. However I still stand by the rest, unless there is a legal issue - but it would be interesting to know what it is if there is one.

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
l3hou
« Reply #23 on: 07 September, 2007, 02:26:36 PM »

Hi Neil

Don't think there is. If non-members material appears in VL but not on a forum that would be odd.

I think you must have a disclaimer (as all forums ask you to confirm) and some sort of "cui bono" - "in good faith" statement.

Moving on to happier items, is anyone going to RallyDay 22nd September? We've booked a stand and as at now, there are just 2 places left to be in the special paddock rather than public car park. A rally-related Lancia is required (not my, but RallyDay rules). But since Lancia is full of great rally cars, not so much of a problem!   You can order the ticket here: http://www.lanciasport.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=10

J-P
lee69
« Reply #24 on: 07 September, 2007, 07:02:34 PM »

Does the restricting of access to the Forum have a purpose  Huh?, or is it a means of some miffed club directors proving a point?

Here's my 2p worth......Yes the AROC forum is restricted to members, but the webpages preceding it can be freely accessed and contain lots of useful information and ways into Alfa ownership and AROC membership.  For example, imagine that I wanted to buy an Alfa, let's say a 90, just to be obtuse.  I go to the AROC site, click on classifieds and hey presto, I'm presented with a selection of cars on offer from AROC members.  While I'm there I can join AROC now that I have my new Alfa. Next, I can look up details of an AROC local group meet that I can take it to and meet fellow Alfisti.  I can also find details of AROC events that I might want to attend and even get some buying advice from the 90 register pages.

Now imagine the same on a members-only LMC site, I'm considering buying a Lancia and would like to buy a car from a member (surely they can be trusted), but I can't browse the cars for sale section  Angry.  I need some advice about the latest unidentifiable bit to fall off my Ypsilon, that now lives with the others in the glove box, but I can't browse the model specific section  Angry.  I wonder if there's a local meet near me - oops, no, I'm not a member  Angry.  Maybe I'll consider an Alfa 90 after all......

As you can probably tell I'm baffled about this proposal. Maybe someone with a lower membership number can enlighten me?

Lee
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #25 on: 07 September, 2007, 07:56:55 PM »

Thank you Lawrence, much appreciated. Grin

JP says that there has been no scrutiny of Viva Lancia for many years, Huh? Sorry JP, if you were at AGMs then you obviously haven't been listening,  at Many AGMs that I have attended over the 14 years I've been a member, it frequently is a subject of debate, but it has always been decided (If you don't join in, sorry but you're in no position to complain, even if a few members who can't attend are the exception) that the Membership as a whole, prefer to keep the it, & welcome it's arrival every month. over the years it has been reduced in size & at least once there has been an issue that covered 2 months.

I'm for non members being able to access certain parts of the forum, but once again as shown here the current subject has been hijacked, have a look at the heading of this discussion.
I also belong to the Mercedes Benz Owners Club & while non members can look at events & the club site in general, only members have access to the forum or any technical information.

And as for barriers and walls, until about this time last year as far as I am aware that condition didn't exist, even if there were a few members who resented newer models not being proper Lancia's.

Brian Hilton
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
l3hou
« Reply #26 on: 07 September, 2007, 08:48:21 PM »

Brian

You know what they say about assumptions....

The subject of my post is NOT Viva Lancia as a magazine, it is its cost. Please read the post again.  I'm banned from creating new posts, so I must allow ourselves the cheeky use of hijacking - restrictions which other Lancia forums (excepting Monteconsortium) don't have.

As for "barriers", you've also assumed I'm talking about model of cars. I'm talking about enthusiasts talking to each other and methods to either enhance it or limit such communication.

There is a lovely irony in your line "it has always been decided" which brings me onto my last point:  If we've done what we've always done, we can't be surprised to get what we've always got.

And as for "I far as I am aware that condition didn't exist"....  just because people don't read about a subject in a magazine doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  This forum - and all forums - are the only way people can comment and communicate without needing the permission of editors... as far as I am aware.

Wink
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #27 on: 07 September, 2007, 10:23:56 PM »

Hi Jp,
I don't make a habit of assuming what other people think, I'm not a mind reader; I obviously made it hard to understand, so I'll try to simplify  it.
I also was referring to the cost of the Viva Lancia, hence my comment about 2 months being covered in 1 month, this was to reduce the cost, cost is also the reason why there are fewer pages in Viva Lancia these days than there used to be.

Unless I was asleep at any time, I am unaware of any great stand by yourself at any AGM on this subject.

In regard "cheeky use of hijacking", read taking liberties. if you want to post, rejoin the club, same goes for influencing change.

As for my "Lovely Irony" If you'd read the next sentence in context, you would see it's not a case of it always been decided Per Se, please read the reference, which basically means if you don't take part in the democratic process by being there & voting your choice, then you are hardly in a position to complain if things are not decided the way you would like them to be, That's called democracy & whether or not you like the result, what decisions that have been made regarding this matter, have ALWAYS been democratically voted on.
A view was put forward at this years AGM that the Forum should be the main information point, & that Viva Lancia would be placed on the forum, that way members could then download a copy or pay extra for a hard copy if they wanted a hard copy, something most people I've spoken to want, this resolution was soundly rejected by almost all those members present using their DEMOCRATIC VOTE.

I wasn't assuming you were talking about cars, please read first sentence again.
Your actions, justified or otherwise last year did a great job of building brickwalls, so it's a bit of the kettle calling the pot black, assuming that statement is allowed in these PC days. I am also perfectly aware of what is going on around me, I maybe retired but I haven't gone GA Ga yet, contrary to your implication otherwise.

And just for the record, I don't like being talked down to.

Brian Hilton

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #28 on: 07 September, 2007, 11:45:54 PM »

This has nothing to do with the Lancia Video group!

Could it be that what we are seeing here is another repeat of the self-inflicted wrath that J-P and his buddies wrapped themselves up in earlier this year? I have no knowledge of what the Committee make of this, but I would be very surprised and disappointed if there were any attempt to exclude non-members from posting on the ‘open side’ of this forum.

Please let’s not forget, if there is a rift in the club, it’s because J-P and his supporters chose to make it so. Hopefully, with time the rift will heal. It need not have happened.

Colin
snapper8v
« Reply #29 on: 08 September, 2007, 08:40:46 AM »

Colin,
Seeing that I instigated this "new thread" (I & other non-member members can't start a new topic thread due to our ltd access to the forum) I thought I'd better reply. I had an e-mail saying:-

"It looks like the committee have plans to PREVENT anyone from posting on the LMC forum that is not a CLS member.

The reason for this is allegedly complaints that you and I have been advertising LANCIA events (that happen to be CLS ones) and that Club LanciaSport have a policy that you must be a member to post.  Which is wrong, as anyone can join our forum. Every new forum member on CLS comes to me - if they are not spammers, I release the userid.  Further more, CLS offer free trial club membership"

I don't think that I have publicly announced why I haven't resumed my membership with the LMC but it's basically that I didn't get any help/replies from the committee asking if the LMC could communicate with the Bristol owners club with the view to releasing the sale of rear light lenses for the Beta Spyder that I was running (the lens is used on a Bristol model). The reason that I asked is just in case a lens was broken, that would mean my car would be off the road for a while until a new/used unit was sourced, surely car clubs should help their owners to keep the vehicle on the road? There's a few other things as well, but at the time the LMC wasn't really doing anything for me, maybe in the futeure? There are factions with the club, as with any other club no doubt, that look down their noses at the "hooligans" (the Integrale owners, this is what we were called at La Mandira test track last year, tongue in cheek remark or not). It's remarks like this that has probably helped the formation of Club Lancia Sport. We aren't in competition with the LMC, it's a club for like minded individuals.

Forum's are a great way to communicate. I personally spend a great deal of time in them in the evenings whilst I'm working I'll take a few minutes out to see if anything new has popped up, this is the way forward. So Colin & everyone else who are reading this, this reply isn't a swipe at the LMC or talking down to you or anyone, all I was saying initially to Brian is that I may not have access to the forum very soon. If I'm banned again (like I was twice this year by hijacking threads to ask questions), then it's up to the likes of yourself & Neil to ask the question to the committee??? Thanks.

LAWRENCE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd