Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 07:08:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Autopulse fuel pump  (Read 2976 times)
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« on: 07 March, 2013, 04:34:22 PM »

Hello all,
 Does anyone have a "spare" Autopulse fuel pump, as fitted to the chassis model Augustas? Even one not working will do.
A friend of mine, Phil Cornut, is rebuilding a car which should have one, even if it's just for show. He can be contacted at mghumbug@yahoo.co.uk or by 'phone on 01844 279 802
Regards, John
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 07 March, 2013, 05:01:54 PM »

The Dilambda used twin Autopulse pumps and I searched in vain for a set when I first had the car. In the event I discovered that on the Series 2 (which mine is) they were fitted out of sight on the chassis just ahead of the fuel tank and not in the engine bay, so that replacing them with something non-original was not an issue.

However, Steady Barker told me that they were un-reliable and had a propensity to ignite the fuel! Shocked

The Dilambda also has a fuel filter which has a brass knob on it which when opened sprays petrol directly onto the air intake of the carburetor to aid cold starting! Shocked Fortunately with modern fuels this is not necessary.

Good luck with the search.

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd