Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:42:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 13 x 6J Cromodoras  (Read 12696 times)
Tim Ray
Lapsed

« Reply #15 on: 28 February, 2013, 09:23:05 PM »

I don't bother with a spare wheel for my Fulvia Coupé. It takes up far too much space when on trips. I put a couple of aerosol cans of puncture repair foam in the boot. Thankfully never had to use them,despite many thousands of kms travelling in Europe.Yet they have come to my rescue many times on our tractor and trailer. Just a thought.
Regards
Tim
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 01 March, 2013, 11:46:16 PM »

Hello Robin

I will look forward to seeing the finished product at Fulvia 50.  A coupé finished in the Zagato colour Rosso San Siro should be easy to spot!

Sorry if I raised a red herring.  But perhaps worthy of consideration:-  when did you last have a puncture and need the spare wheel on a Fulvia?  Perhaps no oftener than on a modern car.  Why don't you consider just carrying a S1 14" steel wheel, fitted with a 145/70x14 tyre? (much like a 'space saver').  An S1 wheel will have the larger centre hole to fit on an S1 hub ring flange (the S2 saloon centre is too small, but could be enlarged), and a tyre of that section might be about the same diameter as the o/e size.  I know this is not the perfect and ideal answer, nor one for the purists (but then neither is the colour!), but it might be the economic temporary solution.

Regards - Roddy

Many thanks Roddy , good idea with much to commend it.

However, I dug out a couple of 13 x 6 Cromodoras which came with the car when Jonathan bought it. They look to be in pretty good condition and today I spoke with these people http://www.ianjemison.co.uk/contactus.html
who seem to be happy to repair and refurbish mag wheels. So, will give them a try I think.

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
roddy

« Reply #17 on: 03 March, 2013, 12:20:45 AM »

Hello Robin

Let the Forum know how you get on with this business in York.   I have a Flavia Cromodora that needs attention before it can be used.  Congratulations on buying a Fulvia sedan - much under-rated.  I had one for a short while many years ago.  My dear wife thought it looked like a Lada !!! but once the engine was fired it was absolutely a Fulvia....

Regards - Roddy

Roddy Young
Dunfermline, Fife

1970 Fulvia Sport S1 1.3S
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 03 March, 2013, 09:18:26 AM »

Looking at the Jamison website I hope their method for stripping is different as the magnesium will soak the liquid up only to release it after painting.

This is the problem with mag refurb. It is very labour intensive to do right. Wonder if Robin can update with indicative costs etc as I have a set of 14 inch cromodoras needing a refurb.

Regards

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 03 March, 2013, 03:33:28 PM »

Roddy, Tim, I will let you know how I get on with them. Speaking to them on the telephone they came across well and appear to know what they are talking about in respect of mag as opposed to ali wheels.

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 11 March, 2013, 07:07:47 PM »

In the 'Usato' section of his website he appears to have 13" knock-on wire wheels for a Fulvia. Is this possible? Were they some unusual after-market option from years back? It certainly says for a Fulvia unless that's the name of the wheel which I doubt. I must say, I've always wanted to see a Fulvia on a nice set of Borranis just to see how it would look.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
Zagato

« Reply #21 on: 12 March, 2013, 12:19:21 AM »

Compomotive wheels (www.comp.co.uk) list a brand new 6x13 Cromodora replica wheel under their Classic & Special Orders
I think you can only buy through a German company who I presume commissioned them ... Compomotive would know the name ...
Many moons ago I did inquire about the price ... but cant remember how much they were ... but when you consider that buying second hand that may be cracked/damaged/need refurbishing/40 years old etc at 1000 euro vs brand new (and I think the new ones are made from current style alloy vs Magnesium, Compomotive would confirm the material used) they may be a good investment for the next 40 years of the cars life
Tim Ray
Lapsed

« Reply #22 on: 14 March, 2013, 05:07:08 PM »

I have recently been looking at new but non-original Cromodora's offered for sale in Germany, Italy and USA. If anybody is thinking of going down this route, it may be worth asking the question as to if these wheels are marked Cromodora. The ones I inquired  about did not . Maybe this could be important for the sake of originality, bearing in mind the prices being asked.
Regards
Tim
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd