Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 07:24:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HAMPSHIRE MEET - every 1st Tuesday  (Read 68897 times)
Lima
Megaposter

Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows.

« Reply #15 on: 04 June, 2013, 09:57:01 PM »

and the rest

* IMG_1098.JPG (594.53 KB, 2340x2340 - viewed 517 times.)

* IMG_1097.JPG (519.64 KB, 2448x2448 - viewed 585 times.)

* IMG_1099.JPG (643.14 KB, 2340x2340 - viewed 575 times.)

Lima

1968 Lancia Fulvia Coupe (Rallye)
2001 Lancia Y (Cosmopolitan)
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #16 on: 05 June, 2013, 04:40:02 AM »

I briefly mentioned a summer picnic where we could all pencil in a saturday in the summer to meet at a nice spot, bring our own picnics and then partake in a pleasant drive to a watering hole for an afternoon tipple.  It would be frugal fun.  What say you all?

Love this idea Mark, and tried to do somethiing similar on Fulvia 50th, but only just managed a prosecco boot picnic in the Goodwood paddock.  Smiley

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #17 on: 11 June, 2013, 12:13:32 PM »

I have had some positive feedback on the idea of a Picnic and there have been mutterings about a Christmas dinner.

Could I have some suggestions regarding both please...

The picnic:  A 'pencilled in' weekend day where everyone brings their car, a blanket, hamper and all manner of scrumptious goodies to enjoy at an agreed rendez-vous.  No expense, no crowds, no rush but probably no sunshine... which is why I say 'pencilled in'! I think that a New Forest picnic might be a nice idea as it gives us plenty of scope for parking and pitching. Those of us for which it becomes a bit of a drive can meet up at pre-determined spots and journey down in convoy.  Ideas from you for a picnic spot would be much appreciated.

The Christmas Dinner:  It seems a bit daft as the nights haven't yet started to draw in (correct at time of going to press) but we really must start to arrange the Christmas dinner event if regional members would like one.  I would think that keeping it central to Hampshire would be better suited to a dark winter's evening, especially if taxis or nominated drivers are being utilised.  The dinner does not have to be at the Chestnut Horse so if members could suggest a good restaurant, hotel or gastro-pub in the central Hampshire area then I'd be pleased to hear from you.

Mark

Lima

Chris Hopkins
Librarian
Megaposter

« Reply #18 on: 02 July, 2013, 04:49:07 PM »

I like the idea of the New Forest area. Shall I ask Nigel Hargreaves and Ann Long as Ann lives in the New Forest and so may know a suitable place?

Chris Hopkins
1971 Fulvia Berlina S2
1973 Fulvia Sport 1600
2011 Delta 3 Limited
2012 Ypsilon 1.2 Limited Edition
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 02 July, 2013, 05:55:46 PM »

I like the idea of the New Forest area. Shall I ask Nigel Hargreaves and Ann Long as Ann lives in the New Forest and so may know a suitable place?

Can't think of the name off hand but the Hotel where nicky & Chris Long used to hold the Hampshire Christmas Dinner takes some beating.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #20 on: 05 July, 2013, 05:19:23 PM »

A little late for the update, but I hope I can be excused as I was still reeling from the AGM weekend.

Yet another impressive turnout and yet another new face. Jeremey Harpham turned up and introduced himself, settling in to the Hampshire Meet tradition straight away by making the most of the pub's £12* two course menu and joining in with the banter. (*and then there's a 10% discount off this for LMC members who produce their membership card too).

Sadly, in my exhaustion from the weekend and work that day, I clean forgot to take photos of the cars and so Jeremy's lovely Integrale was not snapped this time.  Perhaps Jeremy and Chris might coordinate the next visit so that I can get two Integrales at the same time  Grin

The pub was a little crowded this month (and not just Lancistsi) but it was still pleasant enough for all I hope.

Mark

Lima

Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #21 on: 05 July, 2013, 05:30:31 PM »

I had sent a circular to all Hampshire members on my 'mailshot list' and posted here on the forum a while back when there was suspicion of summer approaching.  I heard very little in the way of feedback and nothing regarding suggested location or dates.  I assumed that a picnic wasn't really going to fly.

Now, since the sun has come out, I have had some prompts from a number of people but I'm afraid that I (having assumed the picnic was a non-starter) have  committed myself to organising a private car collection tour in September instead. Sadly spare time for me doesn't extend to undertaking yet another event on top of work, DIY and my studies.  I did make enquiries about the viability regarding a parking/ picnic spot in a hidden Hampshire B-road near me which I'd had in mind but I've since been informed by the estate that it is not for public use.  Not having lived in Hampshire very long I am struggling to think of anywhere else I know. So I would ask, if anyone wishes to organise a summer picnic drive, please do so; for the benefit and enjoyment of the Hampshire gang.  I, unfortunately, cannot now undertake the arranging.

Sorry   Undecided

Lima

St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #22 on: 05 July, 2013, 07:12:52 PM »

Sorry Mark, if I knew anything about Hampshire I would have suggested something, as I still like the idea of a picnic with nothing to do, just to be...  Sad

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
Dilambdaman
Permanent resident

« Reply #23 on: 18 July, 2013, 12:56:32 PM »

Can't think of the name off hand but the Hotel where Nicky & Chris Long used to hold the Hampshire Christmas Dinner takes some beating.

Brian
8227 Cool

Bartley Lodge Hotel. Excellent venue for a winter get together.

http://www.newforesthotels.co.uk/hotels/bartley-lodge-hotel-cadnam/

Robin.

Robin Lacey 3222

1932 Dilambda
1992 Y10 GTie
2012 Delta Mk3
Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #24 on: 12 August, 2013, 06:10:45 PM »

Get your thinking caps on for a Christmas Venue.  Unfortunately Bartley Lodge has been discounted as Barbara has confirmed on a number of occasions already that they now require a £400 pound downpayment.  We must make a choice by the next meet.

As for this month's rendezvous, we were blessed with a visit from our furthest local member... Donald Smith.  Donald (who used to live in these parts) now resides back in Sunny Scotland but visited The Chestnut Horse to reunite himself with local members and to collect his Trophy.  As you will have no doubt read in VL, Donald was awarded the John Maltby Award for The Greatest Contribution To The Club From An Ordinary Member.  Well done Donald.

The car park was a little thin on Lancias this month due to absences and holidays but the regulars Buz and Geoff came in their trusty Y10 GTie and Fulvia Zagato whilst Neil and Dale also trekked over from Surrey in the ever-more-complete Fulvia Coupe.  Lastly, and certainly not least, Donald came in his daily drive... a splendid looking Kappa Coupe.

Many thanks to everyone who came.  Grin

* IMG_1295.JPG (320.56 KB, 800x1067 - viewed 504 times.)
« Last Edit: 12 August, 2013, 08:32:39 PM by Lima » Logged

Lima

Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #25 on: 12 August, 2013, 06:12:26 PM »

The Scottish Kappa

* IMG_1296.JPG (273.15 KB, 750x750 - viewed 540 times.)

Lima

Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #26 on: 12 August, 2013, 06:14:10 PM »

and the Surrey Fulvia

* IMG_1298.JPG (813.39 KB, 2000x2000 - viewed 505 times.)

Lima

fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #27 on: 13 August, 2013, 12:02:56 AM »

and the Surrey Fulvia

Surprised at the registration number as I would have thought 'P' or 'R' would be as late as you'd have found on a Fulvia with production finishing in 1976, surely this one didn't hang around until 1982 to be sold?

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #28 on: 13 August, 2013, 06:32:37 AM »

Brian, it is a 1973 car imported to the UK and was registered here in 1982, they did not issue the correct age related plates then, just the current registration letter.  However, I am considering a change to the correct letter registration.

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #29 on: 13 August, 2013, 11:48:44 AM »

Brian, it is a 1973 car imported to the UK and was registered here in 1982, they did not issue the correct age related plates then, just the current registration letter.  However, I am considering a change to the correct letter registration.

Thanks for the update Neil,
Does it qualify as historic and no tax?
I wouldn't have thought you'd have too much trouble getting an age related plate, seems very odd that they didn't issue one in the first place, as normally you can't get a registration number that is newer than the vehicle  as I think it's illegal! you can certainly put an older one on with no trouble, but not the other way arround.

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd