Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
16 April, 2024, 07:16:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HAMPSHIRE MEET - every 1st Tuesday  (Read 69265 times)
Lima
Megaposter

Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows.

« on: 09 February, 2013, 01:04:15 PM »

Hampshire Meet - Main Thread

This is the official thread intended to communicate the latest news regarding all matters ‘Hampshire’.  Check back here to confirm no changes to the usual meet time/ location have been published or post here to ask a question.

I will keep this first post updated to show the current venue so check here to confirm 'where & when'.

We are now meeting (since Nov 2014) at The Cart & Horses in Kings Worthy, at the junction of the A33 and B3047,  on the FIRST TUESDAY OF EVERY MONTH.  All Lancisti from Hampshire and beyond are welcome, and to be fair we won’t frown if you turn up in an interesting non-Lancia car instead.

My direct contact details are published in the back of Viva Lancia or alternatively you can PM me via the forum.

The Lancia Motor Club Hampshire Members look forward to seeing you there.

(from 7pm onwards)
« Last Edit: 31 May, 2015, 10:00:15 AM by Lima » Logged

Lima

1968 Lancia Fulvia Coupe (Rallye)
2001 Lancia Y (Cosmopolitan)
Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #1 on: 09 February, 2013, 08:25:22 PM »

It's not really 'local' for me but have Gamma will travel so I hope to be there for the first Hampshire meeting to support it  Wink  Cheesy

Theo Kyriacou
Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 09 February, 2013, 10:54:51 PM »

Very pleased to hear it  Grin

Lima

Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 04 March, 2013, 01:10:06 PM »

Gosh! The inaugural Chetsnut Horse meet has come around quickly... see you all tomorrow Grin

Lima

Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #4 on: 04 March, 2013, 01:43:23 PM »

And the weather seems to be good for it too  Grin
See you tomorrow (Gamma willing.... Grin)

Theo Kyriacou
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 06 March, 2013, 08:53:12 AM »

Mark, well done for organising the new meeting it was well attended last night, I hope the monthly meeting will grow with the longer days approaching.

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 06 March, 2013, 09:01:02 AM »

I tried to post the following last night, but the forum appeared to have tripped and I was unable to post.

Better late than never:

What a fantastic inaugural meeting. Many many thanks to all who came to make the first LMC Hampshire meet at The Chestnut Horse a success.
Hats off to Peter and Barbara for arriving in an Ypsilon, to Will and Neil for coming in a Kappa, to Theo for trekking the furthest and bringing his Gamma Coupe, to Charles for expertly parking his lovely Aprilia in a prime promotional spot and an extra special thank you to Pat for coming in her special bodied Lambda... fantastic!
To all the other members not mentioned above who made the effort to come, I thank you also because the meet is only as successful as the people who are there.
(Apologies if I have got names of people or cars wrong by the way!)

Looking forward to the summer months when the car park will be full of Lancias and the decked area full of Lancisti.

Mark

* photo1.JPG (578.53 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 520 times.)

* photo2.JPG (624.82 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 542 times.)

Lima

Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #7 on: 06 March, 2013, 09:02:52 AM »

Mark, well done for organising the new meeting it was well attended last night, I hope the monthly meeting will grow with the longer days approaching.

Thanks Neil.  Really appreciated your attendance last night.  I shall endeavour to show my face at The Abinger in the Barchetta as soon as I have an MOT and the sun is out  Cool

Lima

Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #8 on: 06 March, 2013, 12:45:13 PM »

Well done Mark for organising this and for choosing an excellent venue. And well done to all who came and made this a successful first Hampshire meeting and my thanks also to the ladies in The Chestnut Horse who looked after us well. And I think the excellent food at The Chestnut Horse is worth a mention too  Grin

Theo Kyriacou
Chris Hopkins
Librarian
Megaposter

« Reply #9 on: 06 March, 2013, 08:28:37 PM »

Well done Mark from Jan and I, a very pleasant evening, good food and excelent company.  Summer evening meetings should be good, taking advantage of the inviting garden area - roll on the warm balmy light evenings!

Chris Hopkins
1971 Fulvia Berlina S2
1973 Fulvia Sport 1600
2011 Delta 3 Limited
2012 Ypsilon 1.2 Limited Edition
Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #10 on: 30 March, 2013, 07:00:24 PM »

Hampshire meet this Tuesday don't forget... what better way to finish the first working day of a 4-day week than with a drink at a lovely pub  Grin

Geoff has already promised to take the dust covers off his Lancia, take her for a spin and see us there.  I will be there too obviously, sadly Lancia-less for the foreseeable  Undecided

Lima

Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #11 on: 04 April, 2013, 09:22:25 PM »

A very big thank you to all who attended on Tuesday.  It was a tad busy in the pub but hopefully it was just a freak occurrence and Tuesday's aren't generally so bustling.

It was great to see Geoff Wheeler's Series 1 Fulvia Zagato and equally great to hear The Colonel's Gamma burbling around the car park.  As usual (and by that we obviously mean having attending both of the LMC Hampshire events so far) was Peter's Series 4 Ypsilon... a car I always wanted to own myself as I used to have a series 2.

A particularly fantastic surprise was that a couple who were not LMC members (although had once been many years earlier when they had owned a Fulvia) had gotten wind of the meet and had made the effort to trek over.  What a great result!  It was a shame that I had to get back to the blasted office and finish up some loose ends before close of play... I feel that I missed out on a great evening  Embarrassed

I really am looking forward to the summer months (which, given the snow we have had today, seems like a long way off) when I hope to see the car park and street resplendent with Lancias.
« Last Edit: 05 April, 2013, 12:55:31 PM by Lima » Logged

Lima

Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #12 on: 08 May, 2013, 12:00:58 PM »

Well yesterday was a particularly pleasant evening at The Chestnut Horse, with local LMC members enjoying food, drink and conversation outside on the deck with clear summer skies overhead.  Lancia turnout was good too, with Barbara bringing her delightful S1 Fulvia Coupe out for the first time this year, Buz reminding me of my Uni days by turning up in his very tidy Y10 GTie and Colin wooing non-members with his strategically parked immaculate S1 Fulvia Zagato Sport.  But the car which had the most members looking, prodding and commenting on was Chris Hopkins' (or should I say, Jan's) new Ypsilon.  Despite currently having the wrong badge fore and aft (which, it transpired, can easily be replaced) the Ypsilon has 'Lancia' stamped on the chassis (spotted by Peter Gerrish with his head fully into the engine bay) as well as a Lancia branded battery.

All in all a jolly nice evening and I look forward to many more similar ones throughout the summer Smiley

I briefly mentioned a summer picnic where we could all pencil in a saturday in the summer to meet at a nice spot, bring our own picnics and then partake in a pleasant drive to a watering hole for an afternoon tipple.  It would be frugal fun.  What say you all?

« Last Edit: 14 May, 2013, 10:39:31 PM by Lima » Logged

Lima

Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #13 on: 08 May, 2013, 12:03:18 PM »

Pics  Cheesy

* photo1.JPG (600.36 KB, 2448x2448 - viewed 564 times.)

* photo2.JPG (402.42 KB, 1666x1666 - viewed 528 times.)

* photo3.JPG (428.44 KB, 1632x1632 - viewed 516 times.)

* photo4.JPG (378.49 KB, 1893x1893 - viewed 518 times.)

Lima

Lima
Megaposter

« Reply #14 on: 04 June, 2013, 09:56:21 PM »

An utterly FANTASTIC turnout this month!  A big thank you to all who turned up, every one of you in a Lancia Smiley Sunshine, good food & drink, new faces, great company and a car park resplendent with Torino's finest.  There was also a lot of attention as well as questions and photographs from other general patrons who were pleasantly surprised to be treated to some very interesting cars.

Thank you Pat, Barbara, Peter G, Buz, Nigel, Peter H as well as all the respective partners, friends and neighbours who came along.

Splendid   Cheesy

I'd best get cracking with the Summer picnic and Christmas dinner!

(Photos in two batches)

* IMG_1100.JPG (720.5 KB, 2448x2448 - viewed 506 times.)

* IMG_1101.JPG (656.65 KB, 2340x2340 - viewed 504 times.)

* IMG_1096.JPG (669 KB, 2448x2448 - viewed 528 times.)
« Last Edit: 04 June, 2013, 10:11:20 PM by Lima » Logged

Lima

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd