Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 07:27:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1963 Lancia Flaminia GT 3C...in USA....  (Read 3334 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 08 February, 2013, 10:12:20 PM »

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/02/06/1963-lancia-flaminia-gt-3c-driver/

How does this "driver" but needing some work compare to whats on sale in UK/Europe for similar money?

P

Frank Gallagher
sllim1946

« Reply #1 on: 08 February, 2013, 10:26:44 PM »

How does this "driver" but needing some work compare to whats on sale in UK/Europe for similar money?

P

I agree and have thought about a cheap ticket to Atlanta to find out !
Brian Mills

1961 Appia Berlina S3
westernlancia
Lapsed

Appia S1 - 2006 Turin centenary Car of the Century

« Reply #2 on: 08 February, 2013, 10:56:28 PM »

P
I agree and have thought about a cheap ticket to Atlanta to find out !
Brian Mills

If you want any advice on importing from the USA let me know. I have brought in around 15 cars, and it is easy, cheap and not scary at all. And Atlanta is quite near Savannah and Chesapeake Bay (Newport News / Portsmouth Virginia), which is where I usually ship my vehicles from. Last car I shipped in (my Hudson) cost £900 dock-to-dock, all fees paid (in 2006), and although you then have to pay import duty and VAT (including on the cost of the shipping), there is a customs duty reduction that you can apply for on antiques (including cars) called BTI (Binding Tariff Information), and if you succeed with that (I always have) the tax is only 10% instead of 27.5%.

You have to put the case to HMRC that the item you are bringing in is a valuable and rare item (no problem with a Flam, I'd have thought - I managed with my Hudson, although that's a lot rarer and older), and that it is over 30 years old (no problem again). If this Flam goes for, say, $45000, which is £30000 at the moment, and it costs you £1000 to ship it, you would have to pay £3100 in tax - not too bad (well, a lot better than 27.5%, which would be £8500!).

Seriously, if you do want to try I am happy to help, and I would thoroughly recommend it. I have always done it for fun rather than profit - and boy, is it fun! And the best bit is you can go over there to sort it out, so you get a 'sort-of' free holiday in the USA into the bargain. If you'd like to borrow a Corvair (based in nearby North Carolina) to drive round in while you're there, just say the word...

Good luck...

Cheers

Alan
« Last Edit: 08 February, 2013, 11:05:23 PM by westernlancia » Logged

00 Lancia Y Elefantino Rosso, 96 Lancia Y 1.2, 84 VW Golf GTi, 66 VW Splitscreen, 56 Ford Anglia, 56 Lancia Appia S1, 54 Ford Prefect, 54 Lancia Appia S1, 37 Terraplane, lovely old trailer, 10,000 vintage accessories
oldcaraccessories.com
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 24 February, 2013, 08:55:08 PM »

Sold for $37.2K but went straight back on ebay and reached $33.5K which was below reserve. This car has cropped up more than a few times over the past 4 months, even if the $37.5 bidder did pull out not sure why the seller didn’t sale it to next highest.   

If sourcing a UK car taking Alan’s import costs/Vat into consideration, it doesn’t look that good value from the underneath shoots. Nice interior apart from steering wheel.

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd