Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 01:35:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Fulvia Sport Zagato S2 1600 1972 Road Tax exempt  (Read 4396 times)
AStacey
« on: 29 March, 2007, 01:27:45 PM »

Rarely available,Lancia Fulvia Sport Zagato S2 1600 1972. One of just 800 overall, and around 80 r/h drive cars made. This is a genuine series two car, and not a 1300 body with a 1600cc engine in it. Owned by me since 2000, and prior to that, another LMC member, who rebuilt the engine, and body work, even having the spongy fillers between the front wings, a notorious rot trap on Zagato bodied Fulvia's, replaced with metal. Whilst in my ownership it has been professionaly rust proofed, with certificate to prove, by ' Before & After', and has had a vast ammount spent on it.The rebuilt engine was fitted at 71,550 shortly before I bought the car, so that means I have done 37,991 miles. Current mileage reads 9541 (today). As to valve seats etc. I have always used a good quality additive, Millers etc, but a near by garage has begun to sell proper leaded high-octane petrol (1.35 ltr!!) so it gets that as often as possible, and if not Shell'Optimax' or whatever they call it now.Overall refurbishment is too large to list here, but includes every interior panel and carpet being removed, and all the old sound insulation replaced with the modern closed cell type that doesn't hold moisture Seats rebuilt and retrimmed in leather. Rebuilt steering idler box, rear shackles, track rod ends, electric windows, radiator, starter motor, lighting stalk etc. There is a massive history file inlcuding all of mine and the previous owners work. Car benefits from and oil cooler, and has plexiglass covers,£100 each, for the headlights as was seen on some of the Daytona cars.These improve the already very good aerodynamics, which coupled with its higher final drive than the coupe, means it will cruise at 90, with top being well over the ton.The front driving lights are lovely period Carrelos, operated by the proper Lancia spare switch on the dash board, professionally wired through a relay, and give a superb wide flat pool of light, to supplement the already good headlights, Oh it has an electric Ariel as well. This is not one of the often seen "good respray, nice and shiny, but crap underneath" classics. It is my only vehicle and is therfore regularly serviced, and lovingly looked after. Everything works, even the electricly opening tailgate. I have used this vehicle for several continental trips, Le Mans etc. and I think it makes the perfect compact GT. Just in case your not familier, with this kind of Lancia, it is powered by an inline 1584 cc twin cam V4, driving the front wheels, with a 'dog leg' 5 speed gearbox and discs all round with servo. Hand brake works on a drum within the rear discs. Tyres are nearly new, 165 x 14 Dunlop rain masters all round on 6J Chromadora alloys, and it handles beautifully. The only part of the car that could be bettered is some of the paintwork, which being an older respray is a little patchy in one or two places but perfectly good underneath.Please note I am endeavouring to give the most honest description possible. The car does not need a respray. Just some attention to a few stone chip areas that I touched in last year and really need cutting back, to achieve a good shine. I would say that 95% of the car is very good. Personally I hate metalic paint, this is "Argenta Nevada", and had finances been available I would have had it redone in a "hard colour", but to each his own, and I must admit I think it suits the car. You may notice the front over riders are missing. I still have them but took them off as I think it looks nicer without them. All the bright work is either stainless steel or alloy and in good condition.The cover that can be seen through the tailgate is a tonneau I made and fitted to cover luggage when travelling. It is easily removed. There are no holes cut in interior panels to fit speakers. The four speakers fitted all sit in their own easily detachable pods.There probably isn't an inch of this car that hasn't at some time been tweaked, cleaned, greased, oiled, painted or polished by me. Their are some spares, mostly gaskets, and bits and bobs, and a spare tailgate lid which I purchased "Just in case" many years ago. I ought to add that due to their higher final drive, these cars, I feel, are far more suited to today’s driving conditions than the coupes, which due to there shorter gearing can be rather stressful, noisy, on long runs. Vehicle isn't cheap, but is probably one of the best and, more importantly, most looked after, of its kind. I reserve the right to remove the car from this auction early as it is also advertised elsewhere. There are general pictures on Ebay, but if there are any areas you specifically require please let me know and I will try to get them done and sent to you. Vehicle will also be at the LMC track day this weekend, but I'm not sure what time, as someone is supposed to be coming to see it that day and doesn't know quite when yet. That's all I can think of for the moment but if you're interested then please give me a call. Portsmouth 023 92463880 (answerphone) 07876126026. April 12th Vehicle has been sold .

Thank you. Andrew Stacey.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: 18 April, 2007, 06:56:32 PM by AStacey » Logged
geoff
« Reply #1 on: 11 June, 2007, 04:16:08 PM »

Is the car still available? Would you let me know either way please?

Geoff.

email:  burgon@argonet.co.uk
AStacey
« Reply #2 on: 09 August, 2007, 08:13:38 PM »

Sorry Geoff It's gone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd