Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:24:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GT website  (Read 14809 times)
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 25 December, 2012, 05:14:04 PM »

Includes a model T Ford with a Lambda engine. How crazy! But there are some great cars there.
Regards, John
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 25 December, 2012, 05:47:22 PM »

The festival Flaminia PF seems to have different front city lights and boot skin detail

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #17 on: 25 December, 2012, 08:18:19 PM »

And a nice pallet of Lancia colours......in this post, thanks to 1,6 HF -

But according to another source....the Glasurit's list is correct for the Fulvia, but not for the Flaminia.
You can use only: LAN 170; LAN 174;LAN 177; LAN 180.

www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/960453-post11.html

P
They look like the scans I did for Ed. I have an original glasurit catalogue and paint mixes for quite a few Lancia paints of this era. If anyone wants a scaned copy PM me and I'll send one. It's too big to put on the forum. Unfortunately the metallics do not have mixe information from memeory.
I also have various original Fulvia colour sticks and a Lancia UK colour chart from 1966 which may help people if they are looking for colour matches.
Neil

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 31 December, 2012, 03:30:48 PM »

The owner of the web site listed is still working away on his Flaminia, hes been looking over the LMC forum and will hopefully join in the new year....great news.

P

Frank Gallagher
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 08 January, 2013, 11:57:58 AM »

Zagato-I rather like the related site http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/other-italian-cars/32923-zagato-like-no-other-13.html
« Last Edit: 08 January, 2013, 12:00:40 PM by Richard Fridd » Logged

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
dannels
Megaposter

« Reply #20 on: 19 February, 2013, 12:42:47 PM »

Hi all,

I'm the owner of flaminiagt.co.uk and I've just joined the club - although in the club magazine - I was welcomed as an owner of a Flaminia Berlina - not quite sure how that happened!

I wouldn't say no to the one for sale in Texas http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ebaymotors/1959-LANCIA-FLAMINIA-BERLINA-SURVIVOR-RUNS-TEXAS-/230922826563?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item35c412b343&forcev4exp=true , I'm not sure I could justify the cost to bring it back given their current values...

Regards
Dave

1961 Flaminia GT, 1966 Matra Djet V
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 19 February, 2013, 01:12:45 PM »

Hi Dave, great to see you join and become active on the forum.

Enjoy your stay and more importantly, enjoy your fabulous and truly sublime Flaminia!

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 19 February, 2013, 01:45:53 PM »

Dave...had to look again at the restoration......very impressed.

Tell me, are you skilled in any of the areas of work undertaken? The repair of the aluminium areas, how difficult etc?

Good to see you were as distraught and annoyed as I was in stripping back the underseal, both sides of the metal too!

Headlining sourced where? Ddi you get bearings removed/sourced successfully?

Did you sand blast car at all, used which rust converter and why?

Ceramic finish to manifolds, DIY or send off and to whom?

Petrol tank innards cleaner you used?

Sorry the list is a bit long........... Grin

Oh, yes failed to spot its a Touring....ooppsss......even nicer!

Keep up the excellent work, when do you intend putting it back on the road?

P

« Last Edit: 19 February, 2013, 02:01:46 PM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #23 on: 19 February, 2013, 03:49:30 PM »

I wouldn't say no to the one for sale in Texas http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ebaymotors/1959-LANCIA-FLAMINIA-BERLINA-SURVIVOR-RUNS-TEXAS-/230922826563?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item35c412b343&forcev4exp=true , I'm not sure I could justify the cost to bring it back given their current values...

Regards
Dave

Crazy money, plus you'd have to ship it and then fully restore it!

Maybe it was owned by someone famous to make him think its worth a lot more!

P

Frank Gallagher
dannels
Megaposter

« Reply #24 on: 20 February, 2013, 02:19:05 PM »

Thanks for the welcome P!

No problem - here is the list back:

I know my limits - I had the aluminium work done by a professional!

I stripped the car (I think it had been most of the colours Lancia did in its past!) using paint stripper and a stripping wheel. The Aluminium is very thin so I didn't risk blasting.

Rust converter was from rust.co.uk. I'd read a few reviews and it came highly recommended.

Ceramic manifold coating was done in Abingdon by Zircotec

I tried DIY petrol tank cleaning - but the tank is heavily baffled and I wasn't happy with the result. I eventually took it to these guys http://www.iandmautobodyrepairs.co.uk/petrol-tanks.php

Headlining was matched by my local trimmer

I've not done the wheel bearing yet, but have removed the front hubs in preparation - do you have an idea if anyone has a tool to undo the front hub?

The latest is: I have refitted the wiper spindles and replaced all the seals within. I am now having issues with the new door seals making the doors difficult to close - grrr. I've started fitting insulation (mainly to avoid other issues for the time being)...still lots to do....

My plan is to have it roadworthy by the end of the year....but I did think that last year!!!

Cheers
D

Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #25 on: 20 February, 2013, 02:25:50 PM »

Dave, thanks for those gems.

I don't know about the special tool for the Flaminia, I have made one up for the rear and borrowed one for the front of the Aurelia.

Can you link up reviews of the rust converter experiences?

Can you pm me the price of the ceramic coating on the manifolds if you can?

Apparently the company that does the seals for the Aurelia, folk reckon the moulds may well be a bit "tired" now and therefore not quite as precise as they were, 10/20/30 years ago...maybe same applies to those for the Flaminia?

Looking forwards to lots more pics and up dates,

P

Frank Gallagher
dannels
Megaposter

« Reply #26 on: 25 June, 2013, 11:44:47 AM »

an update....

I've made a tool for the front hub - so I can remove the wheel bearings.

Its refreshing to find bearings readily available for around £10 from SKF....

Heres an image of my tool - not sure if its anything like Lancia's but it works a treat!

* Screen Shot 2013-06-25 at 12.43.41.png (563.04 KB, 497x693 - viewed 338 times.)

Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #27 on: 25 June, 2013, 11:51:45 AM »

Looks the part....great to hear bearings are reasonable too

P

Frank Gallagher
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #28 on: 25 June, 2013, 01:18:06 PM »

Unlike the rears. Richard

the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #29 on: 25 June, 2013, 05:00:14 PM »

I recommend you try to stay away from the rears if at all possible, both in terms of cost and effort !!!!

Good luck with everything else.

Andy
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd