Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:48:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta Spider  (Read 4790 times)
MACKER
« on: 23 March, 2007, 07:28:31 PM »

Hi Chaps,
Being a TVR fan and Griffith owner I'm more at home on pistonheads.....basically I'm after saying hello and fishing for some advice.

I have recently acquired a beta spider (picking up tomorrow so more detail later) knowing nothing much about the mark I'm after linking up with some spider owners for advice of how to and were to get from the things required to restore this vehicle.
lee69
« Reply #1 on: 23 March, 2007, 10:14:35 PM »

Welcome to the world of Lancia!  Congratulations on getting into a Beta in its 35th anniversary as well.  Without wishing to direct away from this site, and the Beta specific forums on it, you must take a look at www.betaboyz.com.  The Betaboyz have commissioned production of a number of hard to find parts and offer invaluable advice.  Hope to see you around in the Spider over the summer!

Lee
Rodders
« Reply #2 on: 24 March, 2007, 08:56:02 AM »

Welcome to the wonderful world of Lancia then!  Hope you'll enjoy your Beta Spider as much I enjoyed the one I owned some years back, and guess you'll be joining the club now you're an owner?

Saluti

Rodders
Les 442
« Reply #3 on: 24 March, 2007, 06:15:11 PM »

Hello and welcome to the world of the Spider. I own one too, and can recommend Betaboyz they have lots of parts, but more than that they are also very very knowledgable.
Another great source for parts is Betacar. (Link)  http://www.betacar.co.uk/ 
and of course ebay is another good area for parts try, throughout Europe there are lots of bits around but some take some serious hunting to ground!  Grin
MACKER
« Reply #4 on: 21 April, 2007, 08:26:34 AM »

Thanks fellas, will look into the parts thing as the car has been stood for some 14 years  Embarrassed and you wouldn't believ it but its a bit rusty. Car is complete and basically sound, floor pan and engine/boot bay look excellant and interior has been stored separatly so is excellant. Large rodent appears to have had a home in the engine bay mind.
Car will need at first glance rear wheel arch, sills, front wing (lowers) bonnet. Windscreen is cracked too. lots of time an effort.

What do you think in terms of car value to cost of getting it right  Huh?. Vehicle has sentimental value as recently lost my best mate and the car was given to me by his wife, so not after financial gain but don't want to spend thousands renovating a hundreds car if you know what I mean.

greatly appreciate advice chaps.
A1.6HPE

« Reply #5 on: 21 April, 2007, 10:54:25 AM »

Hello Macker,
Sorry to be realistic but, if you are hoping to put this car back on the road and sell it for a profit, there is no chance.
The spider versions are notorious for corrosion around the boot area and rear strut turrets, check that whole area very carefully. How about the rear suspension cross-member? Is the rear bumper nice - they are unobtainable, especially if it it the type (S1) that has a dip below the registration plate area.

A typical Lancia enthusiast gets hooked by driving a good car for a while before getting in to restoring rusty hulks at great expense, far beyond the worth of the car.

And now the good news... the Betas are very good cars to drive, responsive and handle well. They are not particularly quick but can compete with modern traffic without stress. The engines and transmission are reliable.

Buon' fortuna.

Edinburgh Regional Co-Ordinator
simonmasih1
« Reply #6 on: 28 June, 2007, 10:23:26 AM »

Hi
I am not sure if this is of interest but I have a spyder shell for sale that is restored.
It is advertised on Ebay but you make be able use it.
More details can be seen here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lancia-Beta-Spider-Rear-Lights-100-no-reserve-bargain_W0QQitemZ180133022704QQihZ008QQcategoryZ31352QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any queries please drop me a mail.

Sorry for plug.

thanks

Simon
simonmasih1
« Reply #7 on: 28 June, 2007, 10:24:54 AM »

Sorry
Wrong link
My car is here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lancia-Beta-Spyder-Zagato-Restored-Shell_W0QQitemZ300125509632QQihZ020QQcategoryZ31352QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks

Simon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd