Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:59:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia/Flavia wheel bearing  (Read 5740 times)
Dave Gee
Megaposter

« on: 11 November, 2012, 09:16:27 PM »

I have just read a topic on the Viva Lancia website, by Michael Finlay, regarding a pair of new wheel bearings he had bought from a company in Italy. I think these wheel bearings have been available from Italy, Germany and Austria. I have just fitted four of these bearings to the Fulvia Sport I am restoring. There is no name stamped on the bearing, but a number, which I think is the same number as the SKF bearing. Michael has had problems after 500km with the run out on the bearing. To get around this he has stripped the bearing out, and had the two halves of the inner race surface ground, removing sufficient to eliminate the run out.

My question is, has anyone in the UK fitted any of these bearings and found similar problems? If so, what have you done to to overcome the problem?

Dave
phil-m
Lapsed

« Reply #1 on: 10 December, 2012, 05:53:21 PM »

I guess these are the ones that are E120 a pair. I am just about to purchase a pair for my Sport so any advice or experience would also be gratefully received. I am surprised that it took 500Kms though for the runout to become apparent? I may have the races measured before fitting when I receive them.
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 15 December, 2012, 10:16:02 AM »

Omicron sold me mine a little while ago nothing like that price even from them.  Always worth trying them first (and I have no commercial connection with them apart from paying them money fairly often!).

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 15 December, 2012, 11:10:12 AM »

Omicron sold me mine a little while ago nothing like that price even from them.  Always worth trying them first (and I have no commercial connection with them apart from paying them money fairly often!).

I had a front wheel bearing on my 2c replaced by Omicron in 2008 and the cost of the bearing on it's own was £105.62 + Vat! but that was the going rate at the time as I had a good look around.
What about trying Hueb at viva-lancia.com as he used to sell them?
PS.
The old bearing makes a great paperweight Grin
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 15 December, 2012, 06:32:08 PM »

I have bought these re manufactured bearings from a variety of sources (including Omicron) Problem with nos SKF is the grease has gone and the seals have gone hard.

Huib has an alternative but requires a spacer I believe.

I do not understand run out as mine have only failed on rumble (from sitting around). It is worth noting that the bearings need to be properly seated and tightened to some incredible tourque. Would this lead to run out if not tight enough in the first place??

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 15 December, 2012, 07:09:53 PM »

There is a 452 page SKF catologue...have it as a PDF...or ask for an up-date via this email address.......

vsm.updates@skf.com

But am sure theres a post about them on the forum, will have a look

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 15 December, 2012, 07:28:48 PM »

Hoping this has relevant info.....

P

* Aurelia Bearings list SKF cat.jpg (422.99 KB, 1061x1503 - viewed 526 times.)

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 15 December, 2012, 07:31:05 PM »

Ok....no mention of Flavias etc......I am not sure if another member on the forum put this up somewheres originally, just don't ask me where I found it if indeed it was me!!!!

P

Frank Gallagher
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd