Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:44:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia - the end!!  (Read 7345 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 04 November, 2012, 11:27:13 AM »

The only surprise to me is that there's still a Lancia brand at all! Thought this would have happened years ago.

Agreed,the writing has been on the wall since Fiat aquired Alpha and withdrew Lancia from rallying. However the Nouvo Delta and talk of a return to RHD markets seemed to offer a new hope until Chrysler came along!
Bit of a letdown after the hype at the Biscaretti in 2006, but I think it was more to do with the recession than anything else, as even the Italians seemed pleased at the prospect.
RHD New Delta as we were told must have been on the cards as I can see no other reason for them to start producing RHD components, at least that allowed our New Delta owners to have them equipped with the correct lights, which otherwise would have made it near impossible to import one, although being cynical perhaps the RHD thing was to do with Chrysler all along Roll Eyes
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #16 on: 01 December, 2012, 09:29:30 PM »

I've often wondered over the last few years what VW/Audi might have done with Lancia when you look at Skoda, Seat etc. Sacrilege I know suggesting a German company take an Italian marque, and I know nothing about the car industry but a lot about the quality of Lancias over the last century! I wonder what Vincenzo or Gianni would have done.

As for the Fulvietta, I was only looking at the pics again today. What they could have done with that!!

Ah well, dream on,

Regards to all
Derek Moore

Maybe this is a simplistic viewpoint, but Gianni Lancia sold the company, so from that angle, it's doubtful he would have done anything. As for Skoda, VW adopted a brand which increased their sales foothold.  We recently dropped Fiat (after close on 60 years as a Dealership) and took on Skoda. The Skoda quality control, from workshop, to parts and aftersales, is mighty impressive.

ps I'm off to Anglia Car Auctions in Kings Lynn tomorrow, couple of Fulvias there. If anyone else is going, my mobile is 07740586951, coffee's on me.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd