Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:02:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aurelia B 12 parts required....on an ongoing basis.....!  (Read 5510 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 26 October, 2012, 07:58:51 PM »

By now you will have all heard me going on about being a newbie to the Lancia scene, this is likely to remain so for the forseeable future!

I know where to source lots of bits and pieces by now, so just in case I thought I'd ask as I went along if any current members might just have a little stash of a few bits and bobs secreted away or just forgotten about, that may be useful to me in my restoration.

The doors on my car have a few of the bolts holding the hinges to the body missing, are they common to other Aurelia models, anyone got any spare?

Secondly the pins that mate the hinge to the door are worn, same question as above?

Feel free to pm me with any and all suggestions, offers, tips or direct links if needs be.

I will post this on the Portuguese Aurelia thread also

Thanks in anticipation,

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 16 December, 2012, 12:02:30 PM »

As the stripping of the B 12 progress, things become more apparent.

The drivers side exhaust manifold has some damage, best to replace....doubtless Ron is best to ask, but if anyone has one taking up shelf space let me know.

The car in its original photos had keys in the ignition, alas these have gone astray between Portugal and N Ireland.

Any one know where to get an Aurelia blank key or has a spare?

Other items needed -

1. One Wiper arm

2. Inside door handle/window winder..2 of each

3. Front and rear seats - Ron didn't have any

4. Front and rear indicators - mine has after market ones and the wings had the apertures welded over!! ( again Ron didn't have any)

5. I have the bumpers but they are in pretty poor shape....need a lot of work, anyone got anything forgotten in the back of their garage in decent condition? ( Ron had a front but in no better condition then mine)

6. Maybe a wheel or two...not truly sure of the condition of mine yet. ( Ron may have one not sure)

7. 2/3 hub caps...I know these are available as repros...but a few originals in reasonable condition to re-chrome would be better.

8. Reversing light

Thanks,

P

Frank Gallagher
chugga boom
Non-LMC Seller
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 16 December, 2012, 04:23:08 PM »

i have a full set of rolled rim wheels, dont really want to split the set up but dont need them

1935 augusta lusso (chugga)
1935 belna saloon
1935 augusta lusso
1938 ardenne
1939 aprilia lusso
1958 appia s2
1963 appia s3 
195? appia camioncino
1972 fulvia 1600HF
1976 fulvia coupe
194? ardea SUV  "THE BEAST!!!"
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 16 December, 2012, 05:33:44 PM »

Chugga,
I could be interested in these - how many slots are there in the wheels, what is the general condition and how many of them are available please?
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
chugga boom
Non-LMC Seller
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 16 December, 2012, 06:10:48 PM »

Chris i have already offered them to frank, not sure if there is 4 or 5, will look in the morning take some pics and put them up, honestly no idea what they are worth so any help with this would be great as obviously i dont want to give them away nor do i want to rip someone off by charging too much, dont want italian prices just a fair price that everyones happy with, if they are of use then maybe the 3 of us could do a deal so everyone's happy??

1935 augusta lusso (chugga)
1935 belna saloon
1935 augusta lusso
1938 ardenne
1939 aprilia lusso
1958 appia s2
1963 appia s3 
195? appia camioncino
1972 fulvia 1600HF
1976 fulvia coupe
194? ardea SUV  "THE BEAST!!!"
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 16 December, 2012, 07:17:36 PM »

If there are any left over after Frank and Chris have had their fill I may well be interested !!!

Andy
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« Reply #6 on: 16 December, 2012, 10:21:20 PM »

I'm a bit late to the rolled-rim party...

I need two 12-hole rolled-rim wheels for my S4 B20.  I've heard that Cavalitto is going to produce them, so that might be an option over the next year or so, but I'm up for a couple if they are available from CBoom's set.

FWIW, some people seem to think that you wouldn't want to use old rolled-rim wheels because invisible corrosion within the rim can weaken them dangerously.

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 16 December, 2012, 11:29:26 PM »

I'd be very wary about using any more rolled rim wheels after finding this on the Augusta. Regards, John 
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 16 December, 2012, 11:33:00 PM »

Alternatives John, what else is recommended?

Internal corrosion, thinning of metal detectable by any means apart from drilling into them?

P

Frank Gallagher
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 17 December, 2012, 08:41:07 AM »

I swapped all of my rolled rims with more modern ones a couple of years ago and have been much happier ever since. I never did like the Bibendum wheels fitted to Lancias, as they seem to be more difficult to balance and even a tyre supplier in Clermont-Ferrand, where they were made, didn't have a clue how to get a tyre off without wrecking it. Regards, John
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd