Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:16:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Zagato  (Read 14776 times)
kernow
Lapsed

« on: 07 September, 2012, 07:07:14 PM »

Hi Everyone,

When I bought my silver S2 Sport I have to admit I really had my heart set on an S1 or S1.5 so when the chance came for one recently I decided it was time for a little change. The S2 has gone to a new and stoked owner, and a new Fulvia Sport is sitting in the garage. It hasn't done many miles over the last few years so there are a few jobs on a lengthening list but I'm over the moon.

Here she is - the first red Italian car I've owned. One of the first job is new wing mirrors to replace the ugly ones she came with - anyone have a pair of Matador style mirrors?

Cheers

Chris

* Zagato_red2small.jpg (157.29 KB, 567x425 - viewed 431 times.)

1971 Fulvia Sport
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 08 September, 2012, 10:10:24 AM »

Try    http://www.vintagesupplies.com/  who supplied an exact replica of my door mirror and have quite a selection to choose from.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 08 September, 2012, 03:38:33 PM »

Try    http://www.vintagesupplies.com/  who supplied an exact replica of my door mirror and have quite a selection to choose from.

782 Flat looks pretty similar to the pair I fitted to my 2C.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 08 September, 2012, 03:45:51 PM »

782 Flat looks pretty similar to the pair I fitted to my 2C.
Brian
8227 Cool

i dont think they are the same. it is also critical to test the position of these bullet mirrors on the wings as they may only provide aesthetic improvement if in wrong place!!

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
kernow
Lapsed

« Reply #4 on: 08 September, 2012, 04:27:13 PM »

I think they should be like this?

* outside-mirror-lancia-flavia-fulvia-1-620x620.jpg (333.03 KB, 620x620 - viewed 434 times.)

1971 Fulvia Sport
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 08 September, 2012, 05:11:15 PM »

These mirrors need to be quite close to the windscreen, about level with the rear of the bonnet. See photo below taken last Sunday at Chelsea Autolegends. My car has two such mirrors, which is unusual (no you can’t have one, sorry!) and I think this is because my RHD car was first owned by a Brit in the military in Germany, where he clearly needed to augment the rear view on the left.

Colin

* IMG_0262a.jpg (190.59 KB, 1181x886 - viewed 426 times.)
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 08 September, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »

From the vintagecarparts web site

* 0new door mirror-1_d0faf6.jpg (3.55 KB, 100x100 - viewed 841 times.)

* 0782A-1_5df926.jpg (3.93 KB, 100x100 - viewed 853 times.)

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 08 September, 2012, 07:31:56 PM »

David, These are not the correct mirrors! Chris's photo above is of the correct type. I doubt they are available new anywhere, but old ones as fitted to S1 Fulvias would be worth looking for, with a view to refurbishing.

Colin
kernow
Lapsed

« Reply #8 on: 08 September, 2012, 07:51:03 PM »

Thanks guys, I think the mirrors already on the car are mounted too far forward but they do need replacing as they are hideous.

Also have a question re the full beam/dip switch. Went for a spin this evening, on the way home it got dark, lights went on dipped, popped them on main beam - wouldn't then dip again. Think it's the push button on the end of the arm or is their another relay for the dip / main beam?

Cheers

Chris

1971 Fulvia Sport
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 09 September, 2012, 12:05:45 AM »

Thanks guys, I think the mirrors already on the car are mounted too far forward but they do need replacing as they are hideous.

Also have a question re the full beam/dip switch. Went for a spin this evening, on the way home it got dark, lights went on dipped, popped them on main beam - wouldn't then dip again. Think it's the push button on the end of the arm or is their another relay for the dip / main beam?
Cheers
Chris

Perhaps I read it wrong but I assumed you were talking about a series 1 going by your first post, if that's the case what button on the end are you talking about? as far as I remember on my series 1 Rallye Coupe it was the same as my series 1 2c Berlina and I think the Series 1 Zagato is the same, with only the 1 stalk for indicators and headlight dip/main beam, which is used in conjuction with the main lighting switch on the dash, but has an odd operation arrangement which is explained in the handbook.
On the other hand if it's a 1.1/2 I have no experience and no idea what is happening Roll Eyes
Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 09 September, 2012, 07:22:11 AM »

That button on the end of the stalk arrangement sounds more like Flaminia or early Flavia. My S1 Fulvia has the centre button on the steering wheel for flashing and the dip/main switching is by forward/ back movement of the indicator stalk. As Brian says, the positioning of the pull-and-turn switch on the dash needs also comes into it.

Colin
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 09 September, 2012, 07:42:21 AM »

David, These are not the correct mirrors! Chris's photo above is of the correct type. I doubt they are available new anywhere, but old ones as fitted to S1 Fulvias would be worth looking for, with a view to refurbishing.

Colin

OK but the second one is not far out and could do as a fall back if you cannot get the real thing.  My 2nd series has the first which is an exact copy of the one it had mounted on it in Singapore in 19??  This is actually mounted on the driver's door near the front and works very well as a seebackroscope.    I wonder if some cars were supplied without mirrors originally??  As my car was "restored" in Singapore I have no idea!

kernow
Lapsed

« Reply #12 on: 09 September, 2012, 09:19:35 AM »

Perhaps I read it wrong but I assumed you were talking about a series 1 going by your first post, if that's the case what button on the end are you talking about? as far as I remember on my series 1 Rallye Coupe it was the same as my series 1 2c Berlina and I think the Series 1 Zagato is the same, with only the 1 stalk for indicators and headlight dip/main beam, which is used in conjuction with the main lighting switch on the dash, but has an odd operation arrangement which is explained in the handbook.
On the other hand if it's a 1.1/2 I have no experience and no idea what is happening Roll Eyes
Brian
8227 Cool
[/quote]

Hi Brian,

Sorry, mine is a series 1.5 Sport. From my Alfa Giulia days I remember contacts wear on indicator stalks could be a bit of a pain too, and a fiddly fix. Before I started dismantling I thought someone might have been there before - seems like the kind of set up that would eventually fail.

Cheers

Chris

1971 Fulvia Sport
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #13 on: 09 September, 2012, 12:44:47 PM »

Brian
8227 Cool
[/qote]
Hi Brian
Sorry, mine is a series 1.5 Sport. From my Alfa Giulia days I remember contacts wear on indicator stalks could be a bit of a pain too, and a fiddly fix. Before I started dismantling I thought someone might have been there before - seems like the kind of set up that would eventually fail.

Cheers
Chris
Hi Chris, do you have any photos as I have a couple of series 1 indicator/switch Assemblies but I need to see what you have and how it fits, do you have the central main lights switch on the dash?
Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
kernow
Lapsed

« Reply #14 on: 09 September, 2012, 03:48:43 PM »

Hi Brian,

Being an S1.5 Sport I think the set up is the same as an S2 Fulvia - there's the stalk with the little switch that operates the clunky relay - and that stalk operates side and dipped. The second stalk has a button on the end for dipped main beam - thats the one that has failed. The actual arm / button looks like the one for the washwipers spray.

Cheers

Chris

1971 Fulvia Sport
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd