Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 07:04:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Irish Aladdins cave.....AKA Kevin McBrides garage!  (Read 2076 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 23 October, 2012, 09:43:54 PM »

On a typically dirty Irish evening three weeks ago I finally got around to meeting up with the 2nd LMC member I've had the pleasure to meet since I joined one year ago. I was due down in Dublin to attend a conference and decided to try to meet up with Kevin and chew the cud, or just chat about Aurelias. Kevin as you all know by now is an oasis in the Lancia wilderness that is Ireland. But I suppose I have be realistic and tot up a few facts and figures to understand that the small number of Lancias on the island is merely reflective of the small population and indeed the lack of wealth during Lancias pre-eminent era.

Kevin lived a bit further out of Dublin than I thought, the traffic, almost Roman like in density, little helped by the heavy rain and spray, we only averaged 40mph for about 20 miles, until finally we turned off the main N7, onto a quite smaller road, ten minutes later we arrived at Kevins house. The rain had eased quite a bit and as Kevin opened his garage door more or less stopped......what wonderful timing.

There sat in his garage, was not one, but two automotive gems. His own coupe, bumperless in a very smart silver livery and to its right the only indigenous Irish B20 in a simply sublime cream colour. I was just gob smacked, seeing my first ever B20s in the flesh was a fabulous moment. I wandered around both cars, tentatively touching their respective flanks, looking up to seek permission to do so from Kevin, I just circled both cars for a few minutes drinking in their details, styling, subleties.

Whilst doing so, Kevin just kept on talking, filling me in on both their backgrounds, what he'd done to them, was going to do to them and generally covering all relevant information concerning these Aurelias. His extensive knowledge and experiences had me spellbound for at least half an hour. He showed me the troublesome engine sat on a pallet in the course of having its head gasket redone, peering into the engineless engine bay was a delight, noting the almost new aspect to engine compartment due to the cream coupes cossetted existence and very low mileage.

The walls and shelves were lined with all sorts of Lancia bits and pieces, tools and spares and manuals, I am sure nearly everything you might need to do nearly all the work necessary to a coupe. We chatted on for an age until it got dark and the city centre hotel beckoned. I shook his hand and thanked him for sharing his cars, time and experiences with me, and indeed offers of advice and help for my own project.

I hope to visit him again in the spring when both cars are out and about, what a delightful thing to look forward to!

P

* Kevin Mc Bride 002.JPG (107.16 KB, 640x480 - viewed 298 times.)

* Kevin Mc Bride 003.JPG (115.58 KB, 640x480 - viewed 314 times.)

* Kevin Mc Bride 004.JPG (95.61 KB, 640x480 - viewed 282 times.)

* Kevin Mc Bride 005.JPG (119.38 KB, 640x480 - viewed 298 times.)

* Kevin Mc Bride 006.JPG (115.11 KB, 640x480 - viewed 310 times.)

* Kevin Mc Bride 007.JPG (112.57 KB, 640x480 - viewed 303 times.)
« Last Edit: 23 October, 2012, 09:57:14 PM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 23 October, 2012, 09:45:57 PM »

....a few more......

* Kevin Mc Bride 008.JPG (120.31 KB, 640x480 - viewed 309 times.)

* Kevin Mc Bride 011.JPG (135.28 KB, 640x480 - viewed 296 times.)

* Kevin Mc Bride 009.JPG (127.89 KB, 640x480 - viewed 305 times.)

* Kevin Mc Bride 010.JPG (153.25 KB, 640x480 - viewed 315 times.)

Frank Gallagher
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd