Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 09:07:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia fuel pressure  (Read 13316 times)
eyore
« Reply #15 on: 12 September, 2007, 06:59:22 AM »

Could someone who has fitted a Filter King filter and regulator please explain what the advantages are over a standard Lancia setup.I am specifically interested in relation to a 1.6HF used in normal road mode although model type probably dosent matter?
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 12 September, 2007, 08:18:38 AM »

Filter King filter and regulator only work as an extra level of fuel filtering, you could use a disposable in line item as an alternative, as previously mentioned the regulator smooths the fuel flow at which ever pressure it is set, the pump is not adjustable, so if you fitted different carbs you can adjust to suit.  Also it is all in one unit, any help? 

Please correct me if I have have got it all wrong!

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
eyore
« Reply #17 on: 12 September, 2007, 11:22:43 AM »

Ok,that sounds logical.Am currently using an inline filter,but I was wondering if you used an electric pump along with an adjustable regulator on standard 42mm Solexes would it make starting easier if the car is not in regular use? It is no problem to start when hot or when used within a day or two of being previously started,but if lying for a while I assume the fuel drains back and has to be re pressurised by the mechanical pump.
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 12 September, 2007, 12:59:33 PM »

I think fitting an electric pump purely for starting is a proven help. I intend to do that on my 1300. I have exactly the same thing, using the battery up just sucking the fuel back through. There was an article on exactly how to do it in an old VL but it's pretty simple and I'm sure you know what to do. Wish I could remember the author - he's a well known Fulvia fan. He mentioned fitting a small pump to the inner wing. When I looked at the pump in a catalogue it said it should be placed close to the tank. I wrote to the author to clarify and he said it should be placed close to the tank if it was to be the main pump to avoid vapourisation but if it's only going to be used to pull fuel through for starting then the inner wing is fine. Basically, a pipe came from the electric pump to the mechanical pump. Just after the electric pump a tee piece took a line off to the carbs to join another tee piece in the carb inlet pipe. This forms a circuit. When the pump is on, the fuel goes through the 2 tee pieces straight to the carbs bypassing the mechanical pump, when it's off the fuel flows through the normal pipes. Hope that's right - it's been a long time since I read it.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
rogerelias
Rebel Poster

MY 1600HF IN HEARTBEAT GARAGE

« Reply #19 on: 12 September, 2007, 01:00:51 PM »

Eyeore. I fiited a bendix electric pump to my fulvia 1600hf as i do not use it all the time. it does save the battery having to turn the engine over until fuel gets up to carbs again after lack of use. The filter king is fitted as the the pump delivery pressure is alot higher than the standard pump, also if you did not have the filter king fitted, and adjusted correctly, believe me, the fuel will go past the  floats and in the inlet manifold and into the bores, it happened to me as i had the ignition on to sort out a indicator wiring problem, and i then went to start the car and it tried to hydraulic in the bores . Have now set the fuel pressure to 2.5 psi, and is now alot cleaner on pick up from low down. Hope that this helps. Roger.

FULVIA 1600HF LUSSO
1958 VELOCETTE MAC
Triumph Bonneville t120v 1972
1968 MGC ROADSTER
1958 Series 2 Appia berlina
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 12 September, 2007, 04:07:52 PM »

The secondary FACET electric fuel pump is really worth doing to prime carbs (and can also act as a back up if the mechanical pump fails - unlikely). The article  was in November 04 pg 13 by Anrea Nistri. Chris Hopkins should have library reprints. I have fitted this to 1600 Sport (but in line with the mechanical pump to save plumbing as an experiment wiith no seemly adverse effects) and one to 1300. My 1300 uses one of the unused dash switches. Both pumps were fitted to front wing. My HF1600 has a race pump as the main fuel deliverer with Filter King following discussions with some of the fulvia racers who saw benefits in adequate fuel delivery in high performance use. with all cars they now start on the button (after priming) regardless oflay up. I also recommend battery conditioners. Cheesy

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator