Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:41:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hot Tripe  (Read 2675 times)
BlueSky
Lapsed

« on: 15 August, 2012, 12:37:39 AM »

We haven’t heard from the Stainless Steven Aprilia for some time but Andrew has finally smudged his greasy fingers over his iPad screen and bashed out three exciting new chapters, including a special one for all those lovers tripe. I’m sure there are LMC members out there who remember the UCP stores.? We even have a poll for everyone to express their opinion.

Personally I hate the stuff, probably because when I was kid my mother used to boil the stuff for hours and serve it with a terrible watery white sauce.

If you are now totally confused chapter six will explain all, but read four and five first.

http://www.narrywoolan.com.au/home/Stainless_Stephen_4.html

Noel

1937 1st series Aprilia Berlina
Nissan X-Trail T31 TS
1920 P & M 3 1/2hp {FOR SALE}
John Deere LX188
www.narrywoolan.com.au/home
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 15 August, 2012, 08:36:11 AM »

We haven’t heard from the Stainless Steven Aprilia for some time but Andrew has finally smudged his greasy fingers over his iPad screen and bashed out three exciting new chapters, including a special one for all those lovers tripe. I’m sure there are LMC members out there who remember the UCP stores.? We even have a poll for everyone to express their opinion.

Personally I hate the stuff, probably because when I was kid my mother used to boil the stuff for hours and serve it with a terrible watery white sauce.

If you are now totally confused chapter six will explain all, but read four and five first.

http://www.narrywoolan.com.au/home/Stainless_Stephen_4.html

Noel

The smell was enough to put you off for life, let alone eating it Shocked
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
johnturner
Lapsed

« Reply #2 on: 15 August, 2012, 01:30:03 PM »

I have just rediscovered tripe since I found it for sale in my local Morrisons here in London. I had previously had to rely on my occasional visits to Wigan market hall. Straight out of the packet, cold, and well soused in vinegar, salt and pepper it is absolutely delicious, and must be one of the cheapest foods available with the same protein as best steak at about one tenth the price. And yes, I do remember UCP (United Cattle Products) and their associated Voses restaurants; tripe, cowheel, brawn, polony....
John
« Last Edit: 15 August, 2012, 01:54:35 PM by johnturner » Logged
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 15 August, 2012, 02:38:26 PM »

I was evacuated during the war to Manchester (Salford) where we frequently had tripe and onions. Ghastly stuff, as I remember it!
 Regards, John
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd