Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 01:30:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Portuguese Aprilia  (Read 33935 times)
Mic

« Reply #75 on: 01 July, 2014, 05:45:47 PM »

Road test!   Aprilia collected last Friday - well, it was my birthday -and I drove it back trying to take in as many small holes or rough pieces of road that I could find, as a trial.  We have a lot of pot holes, more than England I can assure you.

Glad to say seems fine and a real pleasure to drive.  Obviously a drop or two of oil on the floor under the suspension but so far not too much and we'll see how it goes.
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #76 on: 01 July, 2014, 06:40:46 PM »

Happy Birthday  .... and what better way to spend it !

Lots of Aprilia miles from now on

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
Mic

« Reply #77 on: 12 August, 2016, 11:04:56 AM »

It has been an age since I posted but for a while little of interest to report. Carlos took the Aprilia on a run with the local Scuderia Lancia Portugal earlier in the year and later a two night trip  into the mountains.   These were ideal test runs and showed need of some attention as she was dropping out of gear at times.  Also the steering could be improved and free play reduced.

Talking around we decided first an attack on the steering box, starting by obtaining new Silentbloc bushes.    Our chief adviser, Simon of course, provided the advice as well as spare parts from his coffers in the shape of worm and sector. Even better I was able to collect in person. 

The gearbox needed thought and first clue came from the club’s Aprilia expert John Savage.  His first suggestion was to renew the two bearings either end of the ‘albero primario’  main shaft.  This was also the first item in a detailed list of suggestions  kindly provided by Morris Parry.  Each of his suggestions was checked in turn.  In sorting out bearing numbers I was grateful for copy of a list of RIV bearings which gives the RIV number as well as Lancia part number.

Where would we be without the web?  Through which I  easily sourced two RIV 4183 from the Republic of San Marino based supplier Nuvolari Store.  What really got me going was the bearings arrived in their original boxes, complete with labels.

The result of all this has been very satisfying. I have yet to drive the car but Carlos reports no gears dropping out and steering vastly improved, minimum free play when wheels are in the straight ahead position, as advised.

My thanks to those who have helped.  There’s something about Lancia people.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd