Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 07:54:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Portuguese Aurelia B12 .....and so the journey begins..........  (Read 161339 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #165 on: 27 April, 2013, 08:39:46 AM »

I think it will be nearly as many higher denomination notes........but as you reach/pass each stage of completion then you go get a bit re-invigorated......aint that right Andy??!!

Smiley

P

Frank Gallagher
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #166 on: 27 April, 2013, 10:05:01 AM »

I saw the avatar on another thread, looked here and had to go back two pages which rather says it all with the extent of the step and people's reactions to it.  Turned a corner to be sure, and a long way down the next straight.  It doesn't feel all that long since it was the "getting it home" saga.

So.....whet my appetite....what's next aside from the bodyshell?

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #167 on: 27 April, 2013, 11:37:27 AM »

Well......nearly 6 weeks passed/wasted in getting someone who was truly recommended to do this bit of work, should have been a bit better prepared in organising the schedule, so to me quite a bit of time has passed in reality as regards getting the car to this stage.

The body guys really only wanted to see it post blasting, so theres a knock on effect. Again, they will do it on a as and when they have a free day/afternoon over the next 4-8 months to make it more cost effective. In the interim I have an Alfa Romeo to sell to part fund the project, plus free up my garage, so some of the work will be dependent on that for the next 4-6 mths anyways. So the sooner it sells, the quicker I will get other mechanical work started. As I said the work will then run concurrently.

P
« Last Edit: 28 April, 2013, 08:31:08 AM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #168 on: 30 April, 2013, 04:13:12 PM »

Great to see the car in primer, real milestone , keep at it (good luck with Alfa sale)

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #169 on: 30 April, 2013, 07:12:31 PM »

I know its a Lancia forum but surely - given progress depends on it - you could say what Alfa and where the advert is....?

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #170 on: 30 April, 2013, 07:42:59 PM »

Not got around to putting one up....but will do in next few weeks, here it is.....

P

* IMG_0971 (Small).JPG (91.38 KB, 640x480 - viewed 420 times.)

Frank Gallagher
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #171 on: 30 April, 2013, 09:06:13 PM »

My Fulvia and I have been in the company of one of those! Nice engine and looks pretty, but ……

Colin

* Alfa+Fulvia on A1.jpg (227.13 KB, 1181x784 - viewed 407 times.)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #172 on: 30 April, 2013, 09:07:46 PM »

...the humiliation of being burnt off by an Alfa still wrankles....??!!....Wink

P

Frank Gallagher
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #173 on: 01 May, 2013, 05:01:13 PM »

Errrr ... you will notice that it is one carriageway of a dual-carriageway road in the UK (the A1 heading south in fact) where we drive on the left and usually overtake on the right. It was the the Fulvia in overtaking mode.

Colin
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #174 on: 07 May, 2013, 09:30:45 PM »

So, tonight the first body man came to examine my B12, spend about and hour and half going over what needed done and how and why etc

Sort of agreed a price, the second guy is coming tomorrow evening, will decide next week and move on in June....fingers Xed!

P
« Last Edit: 07 May, 2013, 09:38:04 PM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #175 on: 09 May, 2013, 07:42:17 PM »

Second body guy has been and gone, his is more of a commercial enterprise, he would restore it with his partner over a much shorter time span but can't do it until the end of the year, plus he's double plus the price of the first guy.

We are meeting the first body man on Monday to hopefully agree some more finer details of the restoration, so hoping to tie things up as best you can at this stage. Moving the car to his place at end of June, touch wood

The third guy hasn't gotten back to us, so his window of opportunity is diminishing rapidly

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #176 on: 11 May, 2013, 06:51:14 AM »

I had bought a set of original re-chromed ( one not quite perfect.....but you should see the state of my binlid like hubcaps!) hubcaps in Italy, the seller was quite happy to post within Italy for a small fee but wanted nearly what I paid for them in postage to the UK.....I got them for a bargain price and I didn't want to ruin that sense of them being a bargain by getting caught out at the last hurdle.

I had tried a few other options to get them back to the UK but to no avail, and in desperation I put up a plea on our SM forum, lo and behold one of the guys was meandering through southern France in his Spyder and was intent on visiting Italy for some vaguely spurious reason, so I gave him one!

48 hours later, he phoned me from outside the sellers house giving me a cap by cap description of each one. The sellers mother invited him in for a coffee and they conversed via google translator on his phone.....Smiley

They are currently in Nice and will make there way back to London over the next week.

Am as pleased as punch, and a big thanks to the SM member for his kindness and generosity.

P

Frank Gallagher
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #177 on: 11 May, 2013, 07:27:40 AM »

That is what it is all about. We all help someone, anyone in any way we can and someone, anyone will help us. What goes round comes round !!!

Andy
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #178 on: 12 May, 2013, 05:20:36 PM »

Couldn't have put it better myself Andy....thanks

P

Frank Gallagher
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #179 on: 12 May, 2013, 06:55:50 PM »

Why is it that postage is SO expensive from Italy ? I bought a spanner for the Aprilia. It cost 7 euros and the post was another 12 - we are so close, he could have thrown it to me !

Genuinely expensive, or something else ..... ? 

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd