Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 April, 2024, 07:02:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superchargers  (Read 2181 times)
Kevin MacBride
Lapsed
Megaposter

« on: 15 July, 2012, 11:01:55 PM »

I was at a VSCC meet in Pembrey. Not with a Lancia, but a team of Riley, MG, Alvis and BMW. Got a class win and 4th in the Team relay (out of 10). Saw another Riley there. a 12/4 with not one, but 2 superchargers....and what were they from...a humble Lancia Beta. No photos I'm afraid, out of the hundreds I took, I forgot to snap this one.
Anyone else here ever seen the car, probably a regular at VSCC meetings.

B20 4th series (having a 'facelift')

2000 sedan
Fiat Multipla
Fiat Cinquecento
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 16 July, 2012, 07:55:33 AM »

There are quite a few VSCC cars with Volumex superchargers. I believe some of the casting marks are best removed before they are fitted to VSCC eligible cars, so they look more authentic! It's a shame Volumexes are just too big to go under the Augusta's bonnet.
I was at Pembrey, too and it was a very successful meeting, as usual. No Lancias to be seen, though.
Regards, John   
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 16 July, 2012, 08:22:46 AM »

I think it must be Rob Cobden.  He has the blowers one into the other like a compound steam engine rather than side by side like an Alfa pretending it has two engines joined in the middle.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elstro1988/4275758545

He's also done a lot of work on the front suspension, and I guess everything else as well.

As for an Augusta-Volumex maybe above the engine like a Grasshopper Austin 7?  I can't see there'd be space out the front, even vertical, but perhaps above the gearbox like some of the ERAs?   Another spot might be in the passenger foot well on the end of a long quill shaft, just tell them its the heater.

A more "sensible" option, even for a pair, are Aisin AMR300s or the bigger AMR500.  I'll leave you to google those. If serious try looking on ebay in Australia.  Every now and then when I feel in need of a better paper weight I have a look-see.  Didn't Chugga put one on the shelf ready for one of his projects?

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd