Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:40:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Valsesia Lancia Story - August  (Read 7690 times)
adrian donovan

Aurelia 4th series

« on: 10 July, 2012, 09:14:10 AM »

I've been looking on their website - and I see that they are planning to come to England in August with a 'Raduno' planned with the Lancia Motor Club for the weekend of the 18/19th. Is anything formal planned for this? - I haven't seen any mention of this in Viva Lancia!
DianaW
Officer

« Reply #1 on: 10 July, 2012, 09:30:45 AM »

Jonathan Woods is organising something including a lunch but he doesn't use the Forum.  Mike and Jackie were asking about it at the Sliding Pillar Rally so they may have more information.

Diana
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 10 July, 2012, 12:51:21 PM »

Last I heard was that a visit to the museum at Brooklands on the Friday was suggested, where a few of us might meet up with them, followed by a lunch at the Phoenix the following day. After lunch, a trip is planned to visit the Crofton Pumping Station on the Kennet and Avon Canal, where the VSCC's Berkshire rally will be ending. ( I shall probably be taking part in the rally in my Augusta, if I get the motor rebuilt in time)
 On the Sunday a trip to the west is suggested, perhaps to Bath, Salisbury or the Haynes Motor Museum and on the Monday, a drive through the South Downs National Park, ending up at Portsmouth, via a Pub lunch and Petworth house. Jonathan will doubtless have sorted it out a bit more by now, so I look forward to hearing from him soon.
 Regards, John
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 10 July, 2012, 03:59:41 PM »

Jonathan Woods is organising something including a lunch but he doesn't use the Forum.  Mike and Jackie were asking about it at the Sliding Pillar Rally so they may have more information.

Diana

Would have been nice to see it in VL, but it will probably be too late to action by time Vl comes out in August.
Is it open to all or a restricted event? as Brooklands sounds good.
We met up with Valsesia Lancia Story back in 1997 on one of Frank Dehler's ( Club Vincenzo Lancia) trips when we went to Lake Orta and up to Fobello, and they were a great bunch of fellow Lancisti.
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« Reply #4 on: 10 July, 2012, 07:30:19 PM »

I should be around and 'up for' taking a B20 to meet the Italian tourists if I know where to go, but the published itinerary is not at all specific:
http://www.valsesialanciastory.com/images/120814_gita-in-inghilterra.pdf

Perhaps someone who is on the forum and is involved in the organisation of the UK part of this tour would like to get in touch (directly or on this thread).

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
adrian donovan

Aurelia 4th series

« Reply #5 on: 11 July, 2012, 05:36:12 PM »

Thanks, and good to see some positive ideas there, although I don't quite understand why it's not given more coverage. Isn't this just what  the forum can do so well?!  I'm just wondering if it can be linked in with the Cotswold Run that Sunday.....
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 11 July, 2012, 06:04:37 PM »

The provisional programme is as John Millham has outlined, BUT Jonathan Wood has not heard back from Valsesia Lancia Story yet regarding numbers attending and if this itinerary is acceptable. It looks like the best place for members to meet up would be at Brooklands. The lunch on Saturday at the Phoenix will be for Lambda owners only, due to the very limited space.
I will publish more details as they are confirmed.

« Last Edit: 11 July, 2012, 06:08:53 PM by Sliding Pillar » Logged

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 11 July, 2012, 06:09:17 PM »

Looking further at their website, I came across this:-

http://www.valsesialanciastory.com/anticipo_en.html

Does anyone know how we can get a copy of it for Mike?

Regards, John
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #8 on: 13 July, 2012, 12:48:10 PM »

Thanks, and good to see some positive ideas there, although I don't quite understand why it's not given more coverage. Isn't this just what  the forum can do so well?!  I'm just wondering if it can be linked in with the Cotswold Run that Sunday.....

Hmm. Always pleased to welcome visitors but our hotel space on Saturday is now fully allocated and the same goes for our organised lunch halt on Sunday. There is however no reason why they can't meet up with us on Sunday, 19th August, perhaps at the Dormy House Hotel, but someone will need  to contact me in the next few days. Are they on Facebook?

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 13 July, 2012, 02:14:54 PM »

Looking further at their website, I came across this:-

http://www.valsesialanciastory.com/anticipo_en.html

Does anyone know how we can get a copy of it for Mike?

All is well. I asked for a copy for Mike and                                                                                                 they are going to send one. Job done!
Regards,John
Tony Stephens

« Reply #10 on: 18 July, 2012, 08:07:48 PM »

Be a bit careful: Crofton Pumping Station is apparently rather short of space for vehicles. The VSCC are aware that we may have visitors but this could be controlled so that the Rally competitors are not inconvenienced or lose vital time points. I will ensure this Forum is made aware of what they will expect to offer our visitors. (It's a VSCC-only event, not a public one).
I am planning to enter my Trojan so I may be seen but not sociable! Also if competing I shall not be able to tell you what the route is.

Tony Stephens
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 26 July, 2012, 06:02:46 PM »

Unfortunately the Valsesia Lancia Story have deceded to cancel their planned visit to the U.K.
This has been due to the limited number who wanted to come, the mileage, Olympics etc etc....

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd