Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:41:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Linked Events
  • Gamma Consortium Rally: 15 September, 2012 - 16 September, 2012
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gamma Consortium Rally, 15-16 September 2012  (Read 7077 times)
Ian Powis

« on: 16 June, 2012, 10:58:48 AM »

The Consortium will be holding its annual rally on 15/16 September and would welcome other Lancia owners to all or part of the event.

The base this year is the Buckingham Hotel (in Buckingham surprisingly).   http://www.bw-buckinghamhotel.co.uk/

On the Saturday we'll be driving over to the Shuttleworth collection of vintage aircraft at Old Warden and our visit coincides with the Bedfordshire Steam Fayre so there will be a huge amount to see and do and the admission price is the same as for entry to the collection on a normal day (£10 for an adult).  More information at - http://www.shuttleworth.org/.

We'll return on Saturday evening to the hotel for our AGM and dinner.

On the Sunday we'll take a leisurely drive through the Cotswolds to Stratford on Avon where we'll stop for a few hours to explore and then go on to a Cotswold hostelry for lunch.

For anyone interested in joining us for part or all of the weekend the hotel room rates are as follows.

Rates per Room per Night   Bed & Breakfast   Dinner, Bed &  Breakfast   Total, 2 nights
Single                                        £56                       £75                          £131
Double                                       £67                      £100                          £167

Please email me on ian@powis.vnworks.net if you plan to come along.  Hotel reservations should be made direct with the hotel quoting reference LANCIA.  

I'm told there is also a contingent of Ferarris staying there the same weekend for an event at Silverstone.  Could be interesting.

Steam rally brochure attached.  Higher resolutions available.  Email me if wanted.

* Steam Rally Brochure_0001_1.jpg (368.92 KB, 563x400 - viewed 638 times.)

* Steam Rally Brochure_0002_1.jpg (317.09 KB, 564x400 - viewed 652 times.)
« Last Edit: 16 June, 2012, 01:19:52 PM by sparehead3 » Logged
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 17 June, 2012, 12:15:16 AM »

Myself and no doubt some of the other Herts and Beds local group will come along as well.
I frequently visit the Shuttleworth Collection, it's well worth seeing as is the Swiss Garden and the Birds of Prey Centre.
Over the winter they have enlarged the cafe which is good value for money.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Ian Powis

« Reply #2 on: 17 June, 2012, 08:27:32 AM »

Thanks Brian,

It would be great if you could come along.  We've been promised our own roped off area in the public car park, so might be able to put on a little display of our own.  Will have to see how many cars we're likely to get.
Ian Powis

« Reply #3 on: 10 September, 2012, 08:45:22 PM »

Just a quick reminder that we'll be leaving the Buckingham Hotel about 10:00 on Saturday 15th and then going over to the Shuttleworth Collection.  We'll be going in as paying public (£10 per person which gives entry to the steam fair and the Collection) but will be positioned as part of the classic car display.   We'll be arriving around 11:30. 

On Friday 14th we'll be eating at the Thatched Inn in Adstock, near Buckingham  (http://www.theoldthatchedinn.co.uk/).  It's a pre-order on the food so if anyone is interested in coming along let me know asap. 

On Sunday 16th after a wander round Stratford on Avon we'll have lunch at the Howard Arms in Ilmington if anyone fancies meeting us there (http://www.howardarms.com/).  Food here is more flexible and we can order from their normal Sunday menu but if you are thinking of coming let me know so we can adjust the table booking.

Current indications are we should have 12 Gammas making the run.

St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #4 on: 11 September, 2012, 07:00:59 AM »

Even though I'm only a 'Gamma Groupie' I wished I could be with you.

Give the Colonel my fondest best wishes!  Grin

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
Ian Powis

« Reply #5 on: 11 September, 2012, 06:10:53 PM »

Will do, although no doubt he'll be in his usual state and won't remember much after the weekend.   Cheesy   Not sure how many Ferraris we'll see now.  Ferrari has cancelled it's block booking at the hotel but still several owners have booked privately.  They have a 2 day event at Silverstone and are going to see if they can get 500 cars on the track.  Should be common on the roads around Buckingham.  Gammas on the other hand will be in a much more select group and not wanting to show them up we'll head off in the other direction and go to look at traction engines and old aeroplanes!
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 15 September, 2012, 12:24:29 PM »

Thanks Brian,

It would be great if you could come along.  We've been promised our own roped off area in the public car park, so might be able to put on a little display of our own.  Will have to see how many cars we're likely to get.
Ian,
I arrived at the Steam Fayre only to be met with blank looks when I mentioned a special area for Lancia's, everyone kept passing me on into the public car park where I arrived at 11am, I stood on top of the hill looking out for Gamma's as I hadn't spotted any in the car park, when none arrived by getting on for 12'o'clock I decided to have a look around, (very Good) came back to "Fay" about 12.50pm, scanned the car park as best as I could, which by now was packed, but still didn't spot you, so I went home, taking with me the Gamma Special Tools belonging to the LMC for setting up Gamma timing belt tension, that I'd brought along to show you, I have quite a few Gamma Special tools amongst the tools, that are mostly Beta/Gamma/Fulvia, although nothing like a complete set of anything, but if there's anything Beta/GammaFulvia owners need anytime in special tools, give me a ring or email me, and I maybe able to help.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Thotos
Administrator
Megaposter

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #7 on: 16 September, 2012, 08:04:54 PM »

Unfortunately the "Special Parking" didn't happen  Embarrassed The event was so busy that apparently they had to use the special classic car parking area for something else. So the Gammas were scattered around the public car park, but there were quite a few scattered around  Wink

My thanks to everyone who was there for making the weekend so enjoyable and special thanks to Ian and Mary for organising everything so superbly  Cheesy

I still need to sort out my photos but for now you can see a slideshow at http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff477/TheoKyriacou/Gamma%20Consortium%20AGM%20and%20Rally%202012/?albumview=slideshow

« Last Edit: 16 September, 2012, 08:09:44 PM by Thotos » Logged

Theo Kyriacou
Ian Powis

« Reply #8 on: 20 September, 2012, 07:51:32 PM »

Sorry about that Brian.  I was pretty annoyed.  The marshalls didn't know where the classic car area was so we had to park in the general car park and even then got split up as it was so busy.  Having parked the car we found that one of the marshalls we'd been talking to had his back to the classics which were about 20 yards behind him!  As it was there wouldn't have been enough room for us in the area they had allowed, which as Theo says was reduced in size from what it was supposed to be.

Never mind.  The sun certainly brought everyone out and there was a fabulous array of heavy machinery, beautifully maintained and steaming away in all their glory.

Would be good to see the tools.  Maybe I could arrange to come over sometime.

We did get some Ferraris at the hotel after all!

* IMG_0324.jpg (290.46 KB, 600x400 - viewed 634 times.)

* IMG_0337.jpg (310.3 KB, 600x400 - viewed 670 times.)

* IMG_0361.jpg (302.5 KB, 600x400 - viewed 617 times.)

* IMG_0394.jpg (279.56 KB, 600x400 - viewed 629 times.)

* IMG_0458.jpg (256.76 KB, 600x400 - viewed 651 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd