Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:23:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aprilia inside door handles  (Read 31787 times)
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« on: 07 May, 2012, 06:44:04 AM »

I've had a request for new Aprilia inside door handles, because the originals are made out of soft alloy.

I like projects like this, because it is an item whose weakness is likely to afflict all Aprilias, and therefore there is a ready market for them.

While I am not averse to doing one off items (though the cost is more for the client), I prefer to launch a ‘Project’, and get early buy-in from interested parties. 

So, how many door handles could we reasonably sell to the worldwide Aprilia community, and how could I get in touch with most of them?

If you are interested please reply to this thread.

Thanks & regards

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 07 May, 2012, 06:54:44 AM »

Hi
I would be interested in a set, so long as the price was reasonable .....

The only problem is one person's reasonable is another's cheap or expensive !!

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #2 on: 07 May, 2012, 08:35:13 AM »

Hi Simon,

Thank you for being the Initiator of this Project!

I will try and keep the price down as far as possible, but it will vary depending on the route we decide to take:

A cheap, low melt-temperature alloy casting is probably how the original handles were made, and we might run the risk of having the same result which would defeat the whole purpose.  Roll Eyes

Regards,

Guy McDougall
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
chugga boom
Non-LMC Seller
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 07 May, 2012, 04:19:29 PM »

possibly 3 sets for me if the price is right

1935 augusta lusso (chugga)
1935 belna saloon
1935 augusta lusso
1938 ardenne
1939 aprilia lusso
1958 appia s2
1963 appia s3 
195? appia camioncino
1972 fulvia 1600HF
1976 fulvia coupe
194? ardea SUV  "THE BEAST!!!"
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #4 on: 07 May, 2012, 06:00:22 PM »

possibly 3 sets for me if the price is right

Now that's what I like to hear!

The more people buy in to the Project the better the economies of scale - and that coming from a Scot!  Grin

Guy McDougall
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #5 on: 08 May, 2012, 05:03:22 AM »

I've not had a problem with breaking doorhandles (touch wood), it's the 3 small locking switches just under them on the passenger doors  (round with a small projection) that have broken with the years. Alas I have no photo of how they were before the last one came off in my hand.
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #6 on: 08 May, 2012, 06:16:20 AM »

I've not had a problem with breaking doorhandles (touch wood), it's the 3 small locking switches just under them on the passenger doors  (round with a small projection) that have broken with the years. Alas I have no photo of how they were before the last one came off in my hand.

William, that sounds like another project worth doing?

Guy McDougall
tzf60

« Reply #7 on: 09 May, 2012, 08:39:27 AM »

Guy,
I am interested in a full set of Aprilia interior door handles, if the price is sensible.

Tim

1939 Series 1 Aprilia undergoing very slow restoration.....

Previous Lancias: 1979 Beta Sedan 2000, 1982 Delta 1500, 1988 Delta 1.3, 1992 Dedra 1.8ie
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #8 on: 09 May, 2012, 09:01:26 AM »

Guy,
I am interested in a full set of Aprilia interior door handles, if the price is sensible.

Tim

Thank you Tim F - that brings the total to 24 sensibly priced handles!  Smiley

Guy McDougall
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 13 May, 2012, 03:46:03 PM »

A set for me, too, please, then I can take off the substitutes I have fitted with the aid of plastic metal.
David

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #10 on: 13 May, 2012, 05:07:19 PM »

Thank you David, nice to hear from you again since we met on the Sliding Pillar a few years ago!

Guy McDougall
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 14 May, 2012, 08:36:32 AM »

Looks like you've hit on a winner!!

As with the watches WELL worth putting a note in Viva Lancia - the forum is quite a small proportion of the club.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 14 May, 2012, 09:15:17 AM »

Just had a thought - any chance of window winder handles as well, they were made from the same disintegrous metal?

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #13 on: 14 May, 2012, 04:29:38 PM »

Thanks David W, I will be advertising in V/L soon too.

Re. the window winder handles - thanks for the tip! We will make (almost) anything people want, but it must be good quality, at a reasonable price for resale, and still make economic sense for us too.  Roll Eyes

Guy McDougall
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #14 on: 15 May, 2012, 07:17:29 AM »

It seems we have a Project or two, so;

1) What material should we make the handles from; aluminium or bronze (which will need chroming too)?

2) Can somebody please post some photos of the door handle, window winder handle, and door lock 'switches' on this thread?

Thanks and regards,

Guy McDougall
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd