Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 05:12:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: flaminia spyder  (Read 8209 times)
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« on: 30 April, 2012, 06:04:51 PM »

No link but for anyone who has not looked yet there are the remains of a flaminia'spyder' at ABC autofinder on the car and classic site priced at 25K USD.also if someone could explain the method of including 'links' in a post I will have a go next time something crops up!best regards richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
B20B24

« Reply #1 on: 30 April, 2012, 07:13:57 PM »

Yes saw that - it could be a plan to get and unite with the remains of the Wakefield spider that was destroyed firewall back in a catastrophic fire recently.

'58 B20 S6
'53 B20 S3
'67 Fulvia Sport
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 30 April, 2012, 07:31:40 PM »

Thanks Clive,could you shed light on the Wakefield disaster.sounds horrible!

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
B20B24

« Reply #3 on: 30 April, 2012, 07:52:04 PM »

Thanks Clive,could you shed light on the Wakefield disaster.sounds horrible!

I PMd you just now Richard

'58 B20 S6
'53 B20 S3
'67 Fulvia Sport
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 30 April, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C298957

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Charles

« Reply #5 on: 03 May, 2012, 01:56:51 PM »

Whilst on the subject of Flaminia “Spyders”, we just got home last night after our little jaunt to Brugges,  Francorchamps (for SpaItalia) and Andernach (for the Rhine gorge and the Eifel).  1430 miles in all; oil consumed - zero, water consumed - zero, tyres consumed – one (puncture yesterday as we came past Ghent on the motorway), petrol consumed – Hmmm!  Apart from blowing a fuse  at Spa (that supplies the petrol pump) – someone in the past had added a bit of rogue wiring that started to short out - the car didn’t miss a beat.  The drive back yesterday from Koblenz to Wiltshire in pouring rain all the way would have tested many younger cars but the Flaminia just purred on through. The pictures show part of the Brit contingent at Spa – my son’s Evo, Chris Stenning’s Gamma and our Flaminia. Also, looking down from the cliffs at the Loreley on the Rhine – the little yellow dot is the Flaminia – that was quite a climb!  Driving around the middle Rhine area in warm sunshine with the top down was sheer delight.

* Flam and Evo at Spa.JPG (141.29 KB, 1080x609 - viewed 457 times.)

* Flam at Loreley.JPG (200.34 KB, 1080x609 - viewed 468 times.)

* Lunch stop on Tuesday.JPG (189.88 KB, 1080x609 - viewed 473 times.)

Augusta berlina, Appia S3 berlina
Flaminia convertible 2.8 3c Touring
Beta spider S1 1600, Gamma berlina S1
Gamma coupe S1, Delta 1.6 multijet
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 03 May, 2012, 02:05:05 PM »

Just maginificent...well done a treat for you all, bar the overdose of liquid sunshine

P

Frank Gallagher
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 03 May, 2012, 03:52:13 PM »

Hi, you probably need to use the reply and not the quick reply (to see all the options) but essentially use:
[ url ]     [ /url ]
without the spaces!

but if the post sees http:// then it'll work out you've put a link in there ....

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 14 May, 2012, 07:03:56 AM »

this 'spyder' is now sold according to the ad.however I couldn't make out the 'alfa airbox'mentioned in the text.richard
« Last Edit: 14 May, 2012, 07:11:14 AM by Richard Fridd » Logged

Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 12 January, 2016, 06:43:29 PM »

Has anyone knowledge of this car, or can translate the text from motorlegend.com. Looks interesting

* motorlegend.jpg (24.15 KB, 310x208 - viewed 547 times.)

* motorlegend2.jpg (33.97 KB, 310x206 - viewed 540 times.)

frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 12 January, 2016, 07:24:43 PM »

It's not a Flaminia. It's a D24 but is it real or a replica? Where exactly is it on the web site?
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 12 January, 2016, 07:49:37 PM »

At http://www.motorlegend.com/competition/lancia-flaminia/6,12041.html

frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 12 January, 2016, 08:10:49 PM »

Thanks Richard. I have tried a translation which gives the gist of the article.

"Lancia  enthusiast Mr. Chagot collects examples of the brand of Turin
 having Flaminia sedan, coupe Zagato, Pininfarina Coupe and Convertible Touring, Aprilia (a Pininfarina cabriolet), Flavia and Beta. Still dissatisfied (like any self-respecting collector), he is currently seeking a Lambda. This is a stunning car, a Lancia Flaminia 1957 turned into a platform chasis. A machine with a mysterious history, we do not know who made the transformation or where it was done, maybe in Italy by Motto, given a certain kinship with the bodybuilder transalpin   style. Compared to the standard Flaminia mechanicals we note certain features: shorter, the drive shaft is mounted differently and axles were shortened. The V6 in the version is a 2.8-liter, tripple dual body carburetors with the box-bridge positioned at the rear.  The weight distribution contributes to excellent handling of the car. In addition, this unusual Flaminia proves very light thanks to its aluminum body (it weighs only 1000 kilos). After having recovered it in the Midi as a wreck, 14 years ago, Mr. Chagot has fully and rigorously restored the car. The work took 10 years.
"It lacked many parts and I had trouble finding them working patiently work 'piece by piece'.  For example I went to get the flashing(?) in Italy. But the car is not yet fully developed. This morning she ratatouillait(?) and suffered from brake problems. And this afternoon, everything is back to normal. It is a little capricious. It is a beautiful Italian ... "."

It seems it does have a Flaminia relevance being a recreation of a D24 of unknown origin using 2.8 3c Flaminia running gear. The reference to 1957 seems curious unless they just mean that as the date or introduction of Flaminias in general. I am pretty sure a 2.8 would be of later date.

I also seem to have answered my own question about translating posts on the Furgoncino thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd