Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:28:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: #11-304 valve end nut.  (Read 2569 times)
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« on: 25 March, 2012, 06:08:01 PM »

Recently, Sheila's head gave up the ghost and I have got a shiny new one with shiny new valves.  When I came to transfer the end caps and nuts onto said new valves I found that those wily Aussies who restored Sheila in the past had fitted valves with oversize  valve stems and enlarged the threads in the valve spring caps and end nuts to suit, which therefore do not fit the standard 9mm valves.  John Vessey has found me a set of spring caps but does not have any end nuts and I have only one.  Please can anyone help, one or two from here and there may well add up to the seven I need?     Please ratch in drawers and shelves!

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 27 March, 2012, 09:48:50 AM »

Problem solved!     I found, in our local supplier, a single packet of 10 thread inserts that have done the job perfectly and all for £2.46.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd