Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
18 April, 2024, 04:57:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SILVERSTONE CLASSIC, 20-22 JULY  (Read 17436 times)
Martin D
Megaposter

« on: 20 March, 2012, 07:58:44 PM »

We are having a stand at Silverstone again. This is one of the best events of the year and you can have your Lancia parked right in the middle of it ! Three days of world class historic motorsport, many other car clubs, autojumble, spares, models and interesting stuff.

Take a look at the official website; http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/ and read the comments from members who went last year in Events 2011 section of the Club Forum.

We have had a good display there for the last couple of years but this year we want to make it much bigger and better, and a focus for meeting up with other members.

To book tickets go to the above website, (or phone 0871 231 0849) and click ‘buy tickets’. Scroll down and click ‘car club display package’ where you will need to enter the code C12176 which will get you the 2 for 1 offer. The offer tickets are sold in packages of a pair of tickets plus a car pass which will get your Lancia onto the infield display, this is the ONLY way of getting your car into our Club display area. You can’t but a single ticket so give the extra one to a friend, preferably not one who would have brought their Lancia onto the stand too.

It’s not near the AGM weekend this year so lets make it the big LMC summer gathering !

Martin Dowling.

1972 Fulvia Coupe 1.6 HF
1984 Montecarlo
Martin D
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 26 March, 2012, 05:32:58 PM »

Hurry, hurry, hurry !!

Super discounted early bird tickets offer ends on 31 March, after that it's standard 2 for 1 offer (still very good value).

Martin.

1972 Fulvia Coupe 1.6 HF
1984 Montecarlo
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 26 March, 2012, 06:49:37 PM »

Am I right in thinking the 2 4 1 offer represents a 50% saving and the earlybird offer 27% saving?an excellent do anyhow.richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 27 March, 2012, 09:47:35 AM »

Ok, I've booked Saturday and Sunday Smiley

When you book, don't forget when you've entered the LMC code : press the SUBMIT CODE button. This will then rearrange the screen for the car clubs and you'll see the 2 for 1 ticket  offer - you order quantity of 1 and get 2 tickets. Then on the next page you enter your credit card details PLUS your car registration details.

The car pass includes car information and goes on the windscreen.

Cost is around £75 for two people for 2 days.

Camping to be sorted later .....

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
nic038
Lapsed

« Reply #4 on: 27 March, 2012, 10:52:47 AM »

just seeking info from those who have been before, if you are restricted and can only do the one day which one would be the preferred choice.

1994 Delta HF integrale
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 27 March, 2012, 11:15:14 AM »

That is a hard choice : Saturday has music afterwards and night racing, Sunday finishes eariler but the past two times we've done a parade lap - not certain we'd do that again and there is an amount of waiting around too.
Whatever day you choose, I'd advise getting there early ... around 8am.

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Martin D
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 27 March, 2012, 05:44:31 PM »

Richard, yes 2 for 1 is of course 50% saving, the early bird is a further saving but not sure what %age.

Steve, well done excellent choice the 2 day package.

Nic, I'd agree with everything Steve said.
Friday is less busy, just qualifying on the circuit but the jumble/models/books etc. are quieter and better stocked with all those rare things.
Saturday; a good long day and great atmosphere in the early evening, probably the busiest day generally.
Sunday; I hope we will be able to get in the parade laps again which are scheduled for Sunday.
Difficult to choose between sat and sun.

From 8.15/8.30 onwards the queues were getting long last year but this year there is a better entry plan, TWO different routes into the circuit, I think the old eastern exit will be used for access too.
However, I'd still get there for 8.00, there's a great buzz with everything warming up. Last year at a junction infield there was a jam made up of Bugatti 35, Ferrari 250swb, Mercedes group C and a skip lorry, where else can you see that?

Martin.

1972 Fulvia Coupe 1.6 HF
1984 Montecarlo
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: 27 March, 2012, 06:48:39 PM »

This years Classic Le Mans? Sorry

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
Martin D
Megaposter

« Reply #8 on: 24 May, 2012, 04:23:12 PM »

Hurry hurry !

TICKET SALES CLOSE IN A FEW DAYS TIME ;  31ST MAY.

That will be the last date for any type of club entry ticket, not just the discounted ones, so don’t think you can leave it and pay full price later and still get your car into the display. You will only be able to buy general entry tickets after that date, so your beautiful Lancia will be in the car park with the Mondeos.

See the first post in this thread for details of how to buy your tickets.

Martin Dowling.

1972 Fulvia Coupe 1.6 HF
1984 Montecarlo
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #9 on: 24 May, 2012, 08:04:24 PM »

Thanks for the reminder Martin , just booked for the Saturday , easy enough with the code.

That's two Monza evo's so far .

Andy , Nick , picked a day yet ?

Steve
nic038
Lapsed

« Reply #10 on: 25 May, 2012, 11:03:25 AM »

not yet steve, favouring the saturday but do like the parade idea of the sunday,as usual leaving it all to the last minute but at least i get discount for being in the AA.
are you chaps camping then, or in hotels ?

1994 Delta HF integrale
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 25 May, 2012, 11:17:24 AM »

Nick

Last minute leaves car out in the car park??? Huh?

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
andymc

Is that a Golf with a bodykit?

« Reply #12 on: 25 May, 2012, 07:54:23 PM »

Thanks for the reminder Martin , just booked for the Saturday , easy enough with the code.

That's two Monza evo's so far .

Andy , Nick , picked a day yet ?

Steve

Yes - I have just booked for the Saturday Steve. Thats three of us Red'uns then!

1993 integrale Evo 2
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #13 on: 29 May, 2012, 09:14:08 AM »

Not sure how many Lancias racing here this year. I wont be there this year as my racecar engine is smoky and needs further investigation but in 2010 when I entered 2 events, I had a great time winning my class in the RAC TT and 2nd in Class in the Masters race. This, in spite of the fact that the track is too wide and 'straight' for a 50's GT car IMHO.
The benefit of Silverstone as a competitor is however the range of facilities to make what is effectively a 4 day weekend comfortable .
Even if you have a well equipped RV/tow truck/support vehicle (as we do) these things matter!. Also, the closeness of Silverstone village which is a short bike ride from the circuit is a benefit to get a newspaper, groceries etc. You would be surprised how isolated many race circuits in the UK and Europe are with nothing within walking or cycling distance.

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 29 May, 2012, 11:21:08 AM »

Hi Nick,

I'll be camping somewhere - probably over the road as I can leave the car at the stand and walk over with tent/bag. I don't bother with any food as I just walk back over next morning for breakfast Smiley

Nice to have three red 'uns together - we'll have to bring the tape and get them properly lined up ... Smiley

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd