Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
18 April, 2024, 10:30:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Servicing a Kappa  (Read 4309 times)
Peter W

« on: 27 February, 2012, 09:46:27 PM »

Have owned my Kappa for over 10 years.  For the first years of its life I had it serviced by a Fiat dealer Lyles of Welwyn without any problem.  They were bought out and ceased to be a Fiat dealership so I found a Fiat dealer in Hertford where I bought some spares but they went bust before the next service so I booked it into Perrys in Amersham without any problem except that June objected to having to follow me in her Punto over a tortuous route with hopeless parking when we arrived.  More recently I found a Fiat dealer in St Albans, Glyn Hopkins, who obtained a replacement fog lamp for me some months ago.  I attempted, today, to book a service with them wereupon the man on the desk shot off to talk to his manager aand came back to say that much as they would like the business they were not prepared to service the car!  Clearly I will have to think again.  My local freelance garage are quite prpared to service the car but whilst they have the dianostics for the engine, they do not have the diagnostics for the car systems which do need some attention.

Peter

Kappa Coupe
Beta VX Coupe
S2 Fulvia 1600HF
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 27 February, 2012, 11:21:30 PM »

Peter,
I would recommend you give David Thomas in Codicote a try as he services my Fulvia and all my previous Lancias in the past 7 -8 years, it's run by David and Karen his wife, and it's a friendly family operation with David hands on in the workshop, David used to race Alfas, a task now taken on by their son.   
Other LMC members I've recommended him to also seem to have been satisfied with his service, he's an acknowleged Alfa and Fiat Coupe expert and I'm sure he'll be able to help, Phil Ward of AutoItalia Magazine takes his cars there, and a number of years ago AutoItalia  featured David & his Garage.

Brian
8227 Cool
« Last Edit: 27 February, 2012, 11:28:32 PM by fay66 » Logged

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Peter W

« Reply #2 on: 28 February, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »

Thanks Brian, I will give him a try.

Peter

Kappa Coupe
Beta VX Coupe
S2 Fulvia 1600HF
nyssa7
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 01 March, 2012, 08:33:11 PM »

Can't see why they don't have the diagnostics - as far as I can see, its the same tool with different connectors

Might be a trek for you, but Keith at Auto Integrale has serviced my k coupe for years, built my k race car and has other customers with k saloons

2000 kappa coupe 20vt
1996 kappa saloon 20vt race car
the "Yntegrale"
1999 Lotus Elise S1
2016 AMG GTS

Y10 Advisor
Peter W

« Reply #4 on: 02 March, 2012, 01:24:04 PM »

Have booked it in with David Thomas who does not think there will be a problem, so it should be right for the trip to the Great Northern.  Thanks for that info Trevor,  I will also have another chat to my local garage.

Peter

Kappa Coupe
Beta VX Coupe
S2 Fulvia 1600HF
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd