Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 08:42:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aurelia driveshafts  (Read 3170 times)
Sebastien
Megaposter

« on: 30 January, 2012, 03:12:59 PM »

May I point out an article on a most important topic, just published by my good friend Geoffrey Goldberg on his website:
http://web.me.com/geoffreyg/Aurelia_Tips_/driveshafts.html
This should be essential reading to technically minded Aurelia owners (all of them?)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 30 January, 2012, 03:36:42 PM »

Geoff has lots of very good info, pics and advice on his website......no doubt I will read over his fulsome explanations when the time is right.

P

Frank Gallagher
Niels Jonassen

« Reply #2 on: 30 January, 2012, 10:22:05 PM »

Geoff's article is very thorough and informative. Allow me to mention that the early transmissions had two different ways of centering. One was with the bronze bushes mention by Geoff, another was with hardened steel bushes. As far as I know the steel bushes are not available any longer. I have successfully exchanged mine for bronze bushes. As far as I remember one has to change the centering pins also.
GG
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 31 January, 2012, 04:41:05 AM »

thanks for all the kind words. The earlier bushes (if the s.2 is any indication) are more like paper thin bushings, about 1" long, and very thin (1/32", even with a bit of a taper). The later bushes (up to s.4) are bronze "O rings", but squared off. Different altogether.

Glad you are all finding it useful!

Geoff

B20 s.2, Appia C10, Flavia 2000
B20B24

« Reply #4 on: 31 January, 2012, 08:47:08 AM »

Excellent article. We have just completed eradication of a bad vibration on the B24S, 2500-4000rpm range, which was partly cured by flywheel balancing but the major culprit was the clutch being out of balance. Getting there was hugely time consuming I have to say, by far the largest job in the restoration of the car!

'58 B20 S6
'53 B20 S3
'67 Fulvia Sport
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd