Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:03:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia 1.3S 5 speed coupe seat repairs.  (Read 4262 times)
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« on: 20 January, 2012, 06:34:27 AM »

Carol’s Fulvia 1.3S 5 speed coupe needs its seats redone.   Sad

I’ve established how the front one’s should look, but as the bench and back of the rear seat have been partially repaired in the past, I’m unsure if the edge stitching should be the same as the front ones – shown circled?

Could anyone help with some pics please?

Thanks.

* Fulvia seat.jpg (30.35 KB, 568x421 - viewed 368 times.)

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
Scott
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 20 January, 2012, 08:55:51 AM »

Hi Guy

It looks like you have leather upholstery ... and the stitching is therefore different than the vinyl seats that most Fulvias I've seen have.

I attach a few pics in case they're of any help but it looks like you'll have to hold out for a leather seated owner to reply!

* FulviaSeatFront.JPG (200.25 KB, 1130x1824 - viewed 377 times.)

* FulviaBenchSquab.JPG (390.91 KB, 1061x1368 - viewed 383 times.)

* FulviaBenchBack.JPG (406.99 KB, 1824x1368 - viewed 380 times.)
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #2 on: 20 January, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »

Hi Scott, thanks for your quick reply.

Our seats are vinyl (good faux? Grin ) and apparently the same stitching as yours - on the front anyway.

Any chance of a close up of the seams on the back seat squab and backrest (top) please?  (I know that's pushing it - sorry.)

Grazie Mille!

Guy McDougall
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
Scott
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 20 January, 2012, 09:59:41 AM »

No problem! I'm working at home today so it hasn't been a chore to put the kettle on for a cuppa and nip into the garage to take some pictures!

'Vinyl' always conjures up images of something slightly tacky but the Fulvia seats are very good quality and still look fresh after all this time.

I've taken five more pictures and named them with descriptions I hope are self explanatory. The front squab has a large seam at it's front before the vinyl is taken round and simply stapled underneath. I've also taken pictures of where the squab and back meet at the sides and the top of the back seat. There is no seam at the top of the back cushion which just seems to smootly run round and is, presumably, stapled much like the squab - the 'SeatBackFromRear' picture was taken through the rear window.

Hope this helps.

* SeatSquabFront.JPG (205.37 KB, 1204x903 - viewed 368 times.)

* SeatSquabUnderside.JPG (60.83 KB, 833x247 - viewed 367 times.)

* SeatSquabBackAndSideMeeting.JPG (68.81 KB, 592x708 - viewed 370 times.)

* SeatBackAtTop.JPG (108.41 KB, 810x1204 - viewed 379 times.)

* SeatBackFromRear.JPG (157.75 KB, 1045x627 - viewed 392 times.)
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 20 January, 2012, 10:37:35 AM »

Interesting Scott, are your seats more burgundy than red?  in the first batch of photos in some of the shots mainly the back cushion the colour looks the same as my 2c's , but certainly not the Burgundy or the seemingly light red, I assume that's the result of the flash?

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Scott
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 20 January, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »

Hi Brian

My garage only has a couple of fluorescent strip lights in so in order to 'detail' the points that Guy was after the camera flash was needed. You're quite right that this then totally misrepresents the seat colour! It is in fact a very deep burgundy - in that respect my very first picture of the front seat (taken without a flash) is far more representative! Don't want you thinking I'd gone for some dodgy boudoir colour in my classy Fulvia!!!  Wink
chris
Lapsed

« Reply #6 on: 20 January, 2012, 01:22:39 PM »

stitched Fulvia seat covers were generally used on early cars and piping was used on later models but I have learnt to my cost that this isn't strictly 'across the board' having seen some very late Series two 'stitched' vinyl seat covers that were definitely factory fitted, so would appear to be down to an alternative supplier on the day. The stitching procedure would have cost more than the piping equivalent I imagine.
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #7 on: 20 January, 2012, 02:40:10 PM »

Thanks one and all for one and one for all - especially Scott!

I collected the seat frames from the powder coaters this afternoon (not strictly authentic - but more durable) and the seats are already at the upholsterers, so you can imagine the pressure to give them the right instructions BEFORE they get it wrong!  Roll Eyes

Guy McDougall
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 20 January, 2012, 03:45:58 PM »

Hi Brian

My garage only has a couple of fluorescent strip lights in so in order to 'detail' the points that Guy was after the camera flash was needed. You're quite right that this then totally misrepresents the seat colour! It is in fact a very deep burgundy - in that respect my very first picture of the front seat (taken without a flash) is far more representative! Don't want you thinking I'd gone for some dodgy boudoir colour in my classy Fulvia!!!  Wink
Scott ssuch a thought never entered my head, my seats are stitched without piping as Chris says, and I had to have the passenger seat cushion re-stitched as the thread had rotted, just as well you can take the seat base out easily and you can swop them from side to side, So I swopped the re-stitched one to the drivers side.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #9 on: 21 January, 2012, 03:43:56 AM »

Brian, full marks for ingenuity. 

I would have done the same but the stitching on all the seats has gone - the vinyl's still okay - in places!  Grin

Guy McDougall
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd