Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:49:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: B24 engine for sale  (Read 17567 times)
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #30 on: 09 January, 2012, 08:59:19 PM »

Hi All

OK, not the follow up to my email asking to view the engine I expected.

I received a reply saying

'perfect...i'm available anytime during the week...just tell me when you friend would be able to come and we arrange a meeting'

Sooo... Anyone know someone local to St Andrews, who mayor joy going on a wild goose chase?

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
williamcorke
Rebel Poster

B10

« Reply #31 on: 12 January, 2012, 08:23:39 PM »

Not all cheap Aurelia engines are bogus...

A couple of weeks ago I spotted a B10 engine for sale on an Italian website, described as Flaminia.

First things first I went through the usual kind of scammer checks - spoke to the seller (and half his family) and exchanged many emails thanks to Google's translate service (must take those lessons before it's too late).

Asking price 1,200 Euros.  Gianluca, the seller, was prepared to box the engine and ship it to the UK for a further 400.

I'd mentioned at the beginning of my correspondence that he had an Aurelia engine despite the ad describing it as a 'Motore lancia flaminia tipo b10', but as the actual purchase got closer I started to worry about how things might play out.  What if Gianluca discovered that it was an Aurelia engine (a very real possibility - any number of people might have seen what I'd seen) after I'd paid but before the engine was sent?  I'd have a contract, but that contract specified Motore Flaminia.  Things could get messy...

So when the seller in one of our final emails to finalise details wrote:

"Se tutto ok ti invio i miei dati bancari con tutti i codici di riferimento per fare bonifico internazionale con causale ACQUISTO MOTORE LANCIA FLAMINIA DA PRIVATO.

Il prezzo è buono e come tu sai il motore è uguale a quello della LANCIA AURELIA.
"

which Google tells me means;

"If everything ok I send you my bank details with all the reference codes to make international money order with causal PURCHASE FROM PRIVATE MOTOR LANCIA Flaminia.

The price is good and as you know the engine is equal to that of the Lancia Aurelia.
".

(or something like that!) I cracked.  

I wrote back explaining why, from the evidence of the photo the engine was Aurelia - the serial number, valve covers nut on top not round the side, circular casting hole for dynamo etc., and saying I was still interested in buying it but wanted everything out in the open.

4 days later I'd not heard anything, so I emailed again.  Turns out a dealer turned up and bought all three engines in the picture above (it was via the Aprilia engine that I found the Aurelia/Flaminia one) for more than the asking price.

Hey ho.

If you're wondering about the paint on the engines, it seems they have spent the past 40 years as part of the equipment at a technical school, used as teaching aids.
« Last Edit: 12 January, 2012, 08:29:14 PM by williamcorke » Logged

'37 Aprilia
'50 B10
'53 B20
'68 Flavia Vignale
'55 Giulietta Sprint
S1 Land Rover
B20B24

« Reply #32 on: 12 January, 2012, 08:34:41 PM »

Hhhmm. Annoying indeed!

'58 B20 S6
'53 B20 S3
'67 Fulvia Sport
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #33 on: 12 January, 2012, 09:15:44 PM »

Had a similar thing happen me with an Italian seller, though not for anything as wonderful as an engine, my cheque got delayed over Xmas, it arrived yesterday, he'd sold the items 1 week ago to a cash caller.

P

Frank Gallagher
LanciAlan
Megaposter

« Reply #34 on: 13 January, 2012, 12:56:31 AM »

This one (for sale in Italy) is probably Flaminia so - its nuts are round the side ...

It is part of a job lot, unpriced, that also includes Fulvia and earlier Aprilia/Appia V4s, some with gearboxes, a Flaminia transaxle and Gamma mechanicals.

The three-branch manifold in the last picture had me flummoxed for a while ....
« Last Edit: 13 January, 2012, 01:10:41 AM by LanciAlan » Logged

Alan Murphy

Lancias that begin with "F" ... and affordable variants beginning with "Z" and "P" ..... and now with added "Y"!
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #35 on: 13 January, 2012, 09:02:31 AM »

No sign of an Aprilia motor in the photos, but is the one with the gearbox behind the Flaminia transaxle from an Artena? I wonder if it would squeeze into an Augusta bodyshell?
 Regards, John
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #36 on: 13 January, 2012, 10:17:14 AM »

The engine behind the Flaminia transaxle is more likely from an Ardea!

Sébastien
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #37 on: 13 January, 2012, 11:36:38 AM »

Yes Sebastian, you are probably right. It would explain the long gearbox!
Regards, John
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd