Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:33:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parts prices.....Aurelia B12  (Read 9425 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 20 December, 2011, 06:39:17 PM »

I will be building up a parts "chest" as time goes by in advance of starting the restoration. Will obviously be checking out prices via the net, main suppliers and indeed some of yourselves, on that basis will be on an off this thread trying to see if whats being asked for a part is reasonable or "They saw you coming big fella" type answer......please bear with me.

So to start with, ball parts prices I should be aiming to pay for these.....

1. Distributor cap
2. 6 volt coil
3. Brakes shoes ( these have to be "matched" or somesuch to the drums?!)

Thanks

P

PS Still waiting for it to be delivered....!

Frank Gallagher
vigzag

« Reply #1 on: 20 December, 2011, 06:46:08 PM »

just paid EUR 250 for a dizzy cap for a B10 and EUR 90 ea for head gaskets from Cavalitto.

Current cars:-

1964 Flavia 1800 coupe
1966 Flavia 1800 convertible
1968 Flavia 1800 convertible
1964 Flavia 1800 Sport
1965 Flavia 1800 Sport
1966 Flavia 1800 Sport
1967 Flavia 1800 Sport
1974 2000HF
1966 Transit V4 van
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 20 December, 2011, 07:43:29 PM »

Do the shoes have to be matched to drums any differently than other manufacturers equipment or can the brake shoes be relined at basic cost maybe by Breens Maidstone or similar and would a 6V coil from SE AUTO(electricians)also maidstone do the job?I don't know that these parts have any mystery surrounding them.not sure about 'balll parts prices'but dist caps are expensive by all accounts

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 20 December, 2011, 08:32:52 PM »

...and there's always a way to make something else fit.  For example when I first got my Aurelia B20 it had electronic ignition on it.  It went back to the original with the two sets of breakers and all but it didn't HAVE to.

Once you get down to what REALLY needs doing and you've got actual rather than hypothetical questions Tim Burrett is a worthwhile call.  Tanc Barratt will supply parts and advice as well as the "usual suspects" of Peter Harding and Elizabeth Cliffe. 

In the interim you MUST make the pilgrimage to Ron Francis.  Once seen never forgotten and very much a part of the Aurelia experiance.

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
Sebastien
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 20 December, 2011, 08:46:27 PM »

Brake shoes can be relined (either bonded or riveted linings) - speak with a friendly truck shop near your place

Coil is 12 V, not 6 V, try Cavalitto.

Cavalitto also has the radiator grille you are missing.

You will need new hubcaps for your wheels, buy new ones from Sassi (chromed, aluminium was for B10 - B22):
http://www.autoricambisassi.it/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.browse&category_id=39 , 40 EUR a piece.

For your rubber seals, go to Cicognani, they have a website, with prices for each position:
http://www.cicognaniguarnizioni.it/

Sebastien
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 20 December, 2011, 10:30:40 PM »

just paid EUR 250 for a dizzy cap for a B10 and EUR 90 ea for head gaskets from Cavalitto.

...a small eek was uttered at the dizzy cap price.......gold plated and diamond tip finish  no doubt.....

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 20 December, 2011, 10:38:51 PM »

Thanks for the further posts and insights, just what I need, all noted and will be put to good use.

I have traced 4/5 grilles ranging from reasonable to....................."I didn't win the lotto you know"...........type response.

Re  6v volt coil....so the vendor doesn't know what hes selling.

Saw the ads for hubcaps, will need to see if salvageable, thanks.

I've spoken to Ron, no doubt will make the trip in the late spring.

I know we have Belfast Brakes over here who reline shoes for a postal price for my other Italian car for £35.

Steep learning curve...thanks all!

P

Frank Gallagher
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 22 December, 2011, 08:45:21 AM »

Dont forget to measure the i/d and the 'roundness' of the front drums in particular. Many early B20 cast iron front drums (1st Series to mid 4th Series) are getting worn beyond safety limits with no replacements available from Italy when I last checked.
I wonder whether this is to do with non-asbestos based linings being tougher on the drums than the early asbestos based ones.
I have a lot of Aurelia saloon drums in useable condition & shoes so if you have a problem when you have checked the dimensions give me a call.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 22 December, 2011, 09:34:03 AM »

Thanks again for that titbit Chis, appreciated and filed away.

P
« Last Edit: 08 January, 2012, 10:52:22 PM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 23 February, 2012, 04:24:37 PM »

Found this page of alternative parts for the Flavia.....quite impressive.........anyone know of similar equivalencies for the Aurelia range?

http://www.flavia2000consortium.org.uk/Technical/autojumble_parts.html

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 08 February, 2016, 10:39:34 AM »

Just to add to this 4 year old thread. But then its taken me nearly as long to accumulate/trace/source many of the parts!

I must say I have been pretty lucky in sourcing a number of parts both new and secondhand. Some by pure chance, ie seller literally didn't know which Aurelia they were for, others came via members of the forum and club who I'd made contact with or vice versa.

Whilst the body is progressing, sorry make that preparation for painting, at this stage; plus engine nearing completion of strip down, I decided to get quotes for a selection of suspension, brake and transmission parts in anticipation of being able to move it on in the near future. A couple of quotes have come back but one resulted in a phone call from a certain supplier who stated that they only supply new parts, re-manufactured to the highest standard for a suitably expensive price.

One was the upper water manifold coming in at €2180 and secondly gave me an example of a new sliding pillar at €5000. He then went on to say that certain nationalities bought them and others didn't!

He then expressed concerns about the quality of "repair" kits for parts needing new seals etc and that only one company in the USA made them to a high enough standard (as fitted in a new part) and the others invariably failed after a short period.

So will need to do some more research!

P

Frank Gallagher
brian
Megaposter

« Reply #11 on: 08 February, 2016, 10:51:14 AM »

I have a set of S/H B12 doors with most/all of the glass and for a B10 rough front wings, boot and bonnet lids which are all very cheap and unless interest is shown they will go for scrap (wash my mouth out!). Had both for probably 30 years and imminent demolition with rebuild of garage has led to grand sorting out of stuff.

Brian

Brian Hands

1922 Hands Tourer
1934 Augusta standard saloon
1938 Aprilia S1 saloon
1953 Aurelia B10
1965 Flavia Sport
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 08 February, 2016, 11:12:07 AM »

Brian, you have a pm, plus did you uncover anything else B12 related?

P

Frank Gallagher
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #13 on: 08 February, 2016, 12:37:00 PM »

I fitted a new old stock CV boot from e-bay to the Y10. It tore itself in half within a week. I have replaced it with a new item.
Niels Jonassen

« Reply #14 on: 08 February, 2016, 04:44:04 PM »

When you assemble the transmission remember to check the condition of the steel cages in the pot joints. They can severely worn if they have been running with too little oil.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd